Author Topic: Here is a letter I am taking to my Reps office about separating kids from parent  (Read 1933 times)

Offline CC27

Are_grits_groceries (16,921 posts)

Here is a letter I am taking to my Reps office about separating kids from parents:

Representative Tom Rice
1831 W Evans St
Florence, SC 29501
United States

Representative Rice,

You have sent out many emails to your constituents about different issues. There is an issue I would like to address with you that is not only important to me but to The United States.

We are at present separating children from parents who illegally cross the border. In what world is this morally correct? This is a tactic of authoritarian regimes. Have we sunk so low that we will stoop to endangering children to achieve a political goal?

Those children will be kept in some place with people who are not trained to handle them. Please do not try to tell me how well they will be treated. The Federal Government has already LOST 1500 migrant children they took responsibility for. ONE missing child is too many.
Link to story: https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/ej-montini/2018/05/22/immigration-children-separate-families-lost-kirstjen-nielson/631627002/

I NEVER AGAIN want to hear you espouse our country’s values or tout Christian principles. If you think Jesus would approve of this, then you are attending a church that has utterly lost its way.

Please understand that I do not believe we can take in every immigrant. We can, however, treat them with a modicum of dignity. Many of them come from Central America to escape the gangs that Trump rails about. Those gangs are a quasi-government that treats everyone cruelly. Our country has a long history of meddling in those countries and creating unstable conditions. I studied this as a subject for papers.I don’t rely on one source that I believe without question.

I hope that you will find the courage to speak out about this atrocity. It is possible to want to control immigration AND oppose some practices that are in place.

I am watching and listening to judge your response. However, my judgement is minuscule compared to what awaits you when you pass. God will have the final say and he will not countenance any excuses for this.

Protect those children or resign. Your representation is a hollow act if you do not speak out.

(Yes I talk about religion because they lean on that.)

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210655233

You talk religion because they lean on it? You are a POS. Condescending jack ass.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
The primitive is an ancient elderly woman who's run fund-raisers in the past--although not lately--to get money for repairing her car or veterinarinizing one of her very old cats.  She constantly complains of poverty, which might or might not be credible.

Anyway, if she's as poor as she alleges to be, she needs to stop and think about how much illegal immigration costs her; probably enough to pay a year's worth of heating bills if she didn't have to pay for her share of them.

Also, if the primitive wants illegal immigrants here, she can pay for them herself; not everybody else wants to, or should have to.

In other words, she needs to put her money, no matter how little or how great, where her mouth is, and not demand that "other people" pay for things that salve her own conscience (if she has one).

Her letter is nothing more than pointless and prevaricating virtue-signaling, and I hope her congressman takes it that way.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline 67 Rover

If only there was some way for these children to not be separated from their parents. Oh I know, DO NOT CROSS THE BOARDER OF THE USA ILLEGALLY!

There fixed. 5 cents please.

NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
Are_grits_groceries

I NEVER AGAIN want to hear you espouse our country’s values or tout Christian principles. If you think Jesus would approve of this, then you are attending a church that has utterly lost its way.

OK, let's go with that, but back it up a bit.

Would Jesus approve of parents violating the law and entering a country in a way that violates the laws of that country? Would Jesus approve of them involving their children in this violation of the law?

The answer to both is NO.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Hope someone sends it on to Rice so he can see all the religion in that letter was just a cynical masquerade.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
OK, let's go with that, but back it up a bit.

Would Jesus approve of parents violating the law and entering a country in a way that violates the laws of that country? Would Jesus approve of them involving their children in this violation of the law?

The answer to both is NO.

I remember a passage going something like this:  "Give to Caesar (the government, for you lurking DUpipo) what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."  Our Lord Jesus Christ was about following man's law when needed, and if it did not conflict with His Father's Law.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
I remember a passage going something like this:  "Give to Caesar (the government, for you lurking DUpipo) what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."  Our Lord Jesus Christ was about following man's law when needed, and if it did not conflict with His Father's Law.

Exactly!

If the primitive wants to point a finger at the Congressman about him violating Christian principles, then the primitive needs to to point the same finger, and in equal proportion, towards those who are crossing the border in violation of Christian principles.

IOW, this primitive doesn't have the right to be pointing at anyone at all since they can't do it correctly.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Most of the Book of Nehemiah is about the building of a wall to keep illegals out and ensure the safety of those within. The enemies of the redeemed were also against that wall.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Parents put their kids in the situation where they could be separated and yet it is the law and those enforcing it who are at fault for the results of the parent's actions.

Only the mind of an insane liberal could this be conceived.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 11:52:00 AM by FlaGator »
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

Imprisoning felons separates them from their children. If they don't like that they shouldn't have committed the crime. Same principle with illegals.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Pack them all up and ship them out as a family unit. End of the problem, :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Tess Anderson

this old hag deleted her OP, but she actually thinks some letter she wrote influenced Lindsey Graham.  :rotf:

She is a self-righteous pos: https://demu.gr/10028560210

I ought to forward all her posts to Tom Rice but I don't want to make his brain bleed.

Also, if the primitive wants illegal immigrants here, she can pay for them herself; not everybody else wants to, or should have to.

My question is why didn't Beulah adopt an illegal immigrant to share the room with the new "kitteh"? (ugh)

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210652393

:mental:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
This old hag deleted her OP.....

Not good enough.

In the manner and style of primitives, I'm demanding that she apologize to the congressman too, for wasting his time.

Taking care of illegal immigrants costs money, and given the way she's talked about her life, the grits primitive doesn't have enough money to buy a pot to piss in, and thus probably doesn't pay one thin dime in taxes.

She wants "other people" to pay for the care and maintenance of illegal immigrants just so she can feel good about being on the side of the "underdog."

Instead of giving them ear-time and listening to them yap, the rest of us have to start demanding--that favorite primitive word, again--that Democrats, liberals, and primitives put their own money, their own time, their own energies to back up those things they insist must be done.
apres moi, le deluge