Author Topic: Trump prevails again. Winning!  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Delmar

Trump prevails again. Winning!
« on: May 23, 2018, 01:32:40 PM »
Wed May 23, 2018, 12:55 PM
Star Member Aristus (42,342 posts)

The NFL is forcing players to stand for a flag that stands for their right not to have to stand for

the flag.

It's another day in Paradise...
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210647808

They can kneel their asses down in the locker room if they want and if they don't like that idea, they can go find another job.

It probably wouldn't have been a big deal but the left tried to make a big deal out of it to hurt President Trump.  Suck on that shitgibbons.

Response to Aristus (Original post)Wed May 23, 2018, 12:57 PM
PoliticAverse (18,898 posts)
2. Apparently players are being given the option to not come onto the field for the national anthem. nt
Response to PoliticAverse (Reply #2)Wed May 23, 2018, 12:58 PM
4. I saw that.

Seems like the only logical thing to do short of dropping the whole idiotic issue.
Dropping the issue is something the left just can't do when it comes to President Trump.  Trump made an insignificant tweet and the left jumped all over it thinking they could separate Trump supporters from Trump.

Someday the leftists are going to regret their mass pile on President Trump over his tweet about Barry tapping his phone too.

Response to Aristus (Original post)Wed May 23, 2018, 01:31 PM
duforsure (1,401 posts)
17. They just lost this football fan.

If they bow down to trump I'll not watch football anymore.
They ruined football for everybody by trying to exploit it to harm Trump.

Everything the the left throws at Trump blows back on them.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

Re: Trump prevails again. Winning!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 02:15:45 PM »
It's called "private employment". If I hijacked my employer's resources and reputation to make a nationwide public statement, my ass would get canned. Why should NFL players be different?

As for the NFL's move, too little, 2 years too late. A significant percentage of the viewers/fans the NFL tossed under the bus will never return. They're doing different things, and many will see no persuasive reason in this move to come back.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 03:37:52 PM »
Ralphie's humble opinion.

When I heard last night that they were discussing a 15 yard penalty, thought that was completely stupid.  What if the players thought of another form of protesting?  Rewrite the rules for every possible infraction?

However, requiring players/coaches/staff to stand if they are on the field is just dandy.  If you want to not come out of the locker room or tunnel, fine.  It is about respect for our country and those who died to fight for our freedom.

The United States is never perfect.  There are always important issues to be discussed.  This silly leftist/SJW uproar is much Ado about nothing truly important.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 04:26:26 PM »
Ralphie's humble opinion.

When I heard last night that they were discussing a 15 yard penalty, thought that was completely stupid.  What if the players thought of another form of protesting?  Rewrite the rules for every possible infraction?

Heard a radio commentator talking about this, this morning.  His take was "what if both teams have players that take a knee?  Then you have offsetting penalties and therefore, no penalty at all."

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 04:49:07 PM »

Heard a radio commentator talking about this, this morning.  His take was "what if both teams have players that take a knee?  Then you have offsetting penalties and therefore, no penalty at all."

KC

Make each team take the 15yd penalty on the first possession of each quarter.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 05:02:15 PM »
They don't have to rewrite the rules at all.  Current league rules require both teams, in their entirety, to be on the sidelines, standing, during the national anthem.  Penalties listed can range from on-field penalties to individual/team fines, to forfeiture of draft picks. 
They just CHOSE to not enforce those rules, thinking that their core fan base (which, based on the superbowl ads every year are the beer-drinking, troop-respecting, flag-waving salt-of-the-earth American, not the ***** coastal elites) would support them forever.  Reality has slapped them upside the head, and they are trying to reverse course.  I doubt it will work...

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 05:33:53 PM »
Make each team take the 15yd penalty on the first possession of each quarter.

That’s not working for me. I’m not going back to watching these ****ing crybaby millionaires who need to learn who REALLY pays their salary. **** them. I’m all for free speech but not when it’s on my dime. I’ll be damned if I’m going to pay to watch a protest.

When they’re all homeless because they have no other marketable skills because, football, I’ll be happy.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 05:48:49 PM »
Response to Aristus (Original post)Wed May 23, 2018, 01:31 PM
duforsure (1,401 posts)
17. They just lost this football fan.

If they bow down to trump I'll not watch football anymore.

they won't even know you are gone. So ESAD :thatsright: :bird: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 08:18:12 AM »
It's called "private employment". If I hijacked my employer's resources and reputation to make a nationwide public statement, my ass would get canned. Why should NFL players be different?

As for the NFL's move, too little, 2 years too late. A significant percentage of the viewers/fans the NFL tossed under the bus will never return. They're doing different things, and many will see no persuasive reason in this move to come back.

:agree: :yeahthat:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 01:26:04 PM »
Yup, too little too late. No NBA either.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 03:54:58 PM »
They don't have to stand, they are free to quit and join colon crappernick in the unemployed jerk off line.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 04:54:01 PM »

KC

Here is my solution to that. Make it a 15 yard penalty for each player that kneels BUT the opposing coach can decide when and where the penalty is to be applied.

Example: Team A has 4 players that kneel. Team B has 2 players that kneel. Team A now has 4 15 yard penalties and Team B has two.

Team A is moving down the field and winds up with a 4th and 1/2 yard for a critical first down. Team B coach now enforces a 15 yard penalty and it's now 4th and 15 1/2. Team A takes 4 of those, Team B takes 2.

That would put an end to this nonsense.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 07:31:39 PM »
Wed May 23, 2018, 12:55 PM

The NFL is forcing players to stand for a flag that stands for their right not to have to stand for

the flag.

It's another day in Paradise...

Your bunch kind of lost the high ground when it comes to discussing rights when you ruined a good and decent baker who POLITELY refused to make a cake celebrating perversion.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 03:55:34 AM »
They don't have to stand, they are free to quit and join colon crappernick in the unemployed jerk off line.

I have heard that kneelers who are free agents right now are having a tough time being signed, for some reason . . .  :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.