Author Topic: King Atheist MineralMan drops some wisdom...  (Read 744 times)

Offline Houstonguy34

King Atheist MineralMan drops some wisdom...
« on: May 21, 2018, 02:53:38 PM »
I have never seen anyone with such a “Know it all attitude “

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1218284971#post1

MineralMan
2. Well, since I'm an atheist, I thing it's evidence of non-existence,
but if it's not that, clearly any deity that might exists is clearly not paying attention or is unwilling to do anything to protect children in such circumstances. And, as you say, prayer isn't doing much good, either.
———————————

— What a jackass!!

Offline SVPete

Re: King Atheist MineralMan drops some wisdom...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 04:23:03 PM »
Or maybe God didn't create robots, our "parents" told God they wanted to run their own lives their way, and God is big enough that He's let us do that pretty much. MM has crafted in his little mind what God should be like, doesn't see evidence of such a god, and concludes that God doesn't exist. MM can't imagine God being bigger and greater than he, MM, can conceive.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 04:27:03 PM »
Every preening prosecutor of God wants every one else's sins magically zotted away until it's their turn in the dock.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 04:42:40 PM »
WisDUMB is more like it.
This has been explained to the Christ- haters on the DUmp on many occasions:
God DOES exist, IS aware of what is happening, and DOES care about the lives of children. Also, I know from personal experience that prayer most definitely DOES work. However, some points to make to shoot down Rockhead's assertions:
1. First and foremost, there is the matter of free will. God didn't want His children to be just mindless robots who obey and follow and love Him just because they're wired to; As such, He gave us free will, so that we might obey and follow and love Him by our own choice. Of the two kinds of love, the latter is infinitely more valuable than the former. However, the downside to free will is that people can also choose to openly go against God, and even choose to do hideous things that break God's heart, such as this shooting. While divine intervention can and does happen from time to time, for God to just directly intervene and stop everyone from ever doing evil things would be removing those people's free will by preventing them from making/ acting on their own decisions.
2. It's quite likely that God acted through the deputies who engaged and stopped Pagourtzis before he could kill even more people.
3. It's even likely that God acted by influencing Pagourtzis to willfully surrender to the police rather than prolong his shootout with them, which again could have brought the body count even higher. I mean, for that to happen during an incident like this is true evidence of a miracle.
4. God takes even tragedies and acts of evil like this and can use them to do greater good. For instance, in 1955, God used the hideous murder of Emmett Till to help many Americans (Including then- President JFK) first begin to see Civil Rights as a moral issue rather than merely a political one. Perhaps He will use this to help raise awareness or pass legislation that could prevent future shootings.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 05:33:49 PM »
I have never seen anyone with such a “Know it all attitude “

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1218284971#post1

MineralMan
but if it's not that, clearly any deity that might exists is clearly not paying attention or is unwilling to do anything to protect children in such circumstances. And, as you say, prayer isn't doing much good, either.
———————————

— What a jackass!!

Well, mm, when you die you shall become one with the worms, having had only a negative effect on this Earth and whose existence was meaningless.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 08:14:31 PM »
MineralMan

I thing, therefore I am   :rofl:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 04:33:36 AM »
Assuming there's an afterlife, why would a Supreme Being go out of His/Her way to keep you in the temporal one?  Failing to prevent any tragedy isn't proof one way or the other.   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 06:06:21 AM »
This is basically the old "Since evil exists in the world then God must not exist." Which on the surface implies more about mankind than it does about God. A better question is "If God doesn't exist then why is there any good in the world at all?"
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 07:04:24 AM »
MineralMan

You can't expect a hatetheist to understand how God operates this project.
The rare atheist would probably ponder the idea just for the sake of actually thinking, but not the hatetheist...  they live for one thing only.