Author Topic: Get the word out, a DUmmie is running for office in "Collin County Texas"  (Read 10254 times)

Offline djones520

Serious necro posting here, but I saw someone viewing this yesterday and thought I'd post how it all went down.

County Commissioner, Precinct No. 4   
  Total
Number of Precincts  35 
Precincts Reporting  35 100.0 %
Times Counted  55514/81029 68.5 %
Total Votes  50245 
Times Blank Voted  5267 
Times Over Voted  2 
Number Of Under Votes  0 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kathryn Ward REP 30851 61.40%
Jean Power DEM 19394 38.60%

I haven't found any news stories talking about the postings that she made, but she was completely trounced none the less.

Here's some discussions about a tactic she used.

Comment from: anon [Visitor] 
This is a fine example of dirty politics by Mrs. Power. Many people have lost their homes to foreclosure recently. We do not know the circumstances of Kathy Ward's foreclosure and it really is not our business. It has no bearing on Kathy's ability to continue in her position as Commissioner.

Also, Mrs. Power is misleading the public in using her profession as a family law attorney as a qualification for Commissioner. Being a lawyer does not make one ethical or competent. In fact many believe that lawyers are nothing more than over paid mud slinging blood suckers.
Permalink 11/03/08 @ 09:31

Comment from: Collin County Citizen [Visitor] 
First, Power's mailer and Ward's mailer are NOT the same. Ward's focuses on the endorsement of a state official - it makes no attacks on Power.

Power chose to make this race dirty. Kathy is not 'under investigation'. There are merely those in the party who don't like the decision to move GOP headquarters to McKinney. Fred Moses was the one who chaired the moving committee. Further, Ward's home forclosure is misleading. Ward's house was an asset of her divorce and she had no obligation to the house. Even further, Ward doesn't work for a debt collection agency, she works for a debt settlement agency, which works with consumers to get on consolidation plans to get themselves out of debt.

I actually liked Jean Power. But, after this tactic, she has proven to be nothing more than an angry liberal who fell into this campaign after no previous public service. It was just a free chance for Democrats to put someone on the ballot.

VOTE KATHY WARD FOR COUNTY COMMISSIONER!!!!
Permalink 11/03/08 @ 20:12

Comment from: Thomas Walters [Visitor] 
I have to agree putting someone's personal financial problems out to the public is incredibly sleazy.

Jean Power is a Democrat? What positions does she hold that make her a Democrat?
Permalink 11/04/08 @ 11:35

[Comment from: Kim Smith [Visitor] 
I agree with you Thomas. The way that Mrs. Power has conducted her mail campaign was wrong.

Many suffer the financial effects of divorce. Most of us are broke when the dust settles. Statistically, women suffer the most financial hardship.

Mrs. Power was unethical in using Ms. Ward's foreclosure to attempt to advance her campaign.

Mrs. Power has issues with her character and ethics.

She is clearly a bad choice for Collin County.

http://www.baumbach.org/b2evolution/blogs/index.php?title=precinct_4_mailers_target_opponents_base&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

I wonder how much she's still stinging over it.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Lord Undies

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
nice
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant

Kathryn Ward REP 30851 61.40%
Jean Power DEM 19394 38.60%

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Does it still post at the DUmp and if it does has anyone seen any reference from it about how the election went down?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Damn..it warms my heart seeing a DUmmie getting it's ass kicked.   :loser:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Karin

What a thread!!   :popcorn:

Hats off to all of you! 

Offline jinxmchue

Jean Power is a Democrat? What positions does she hold that make her a Democrat?

She hates "Chimpy McCokespoonhitlerpretzelboyking" and "KKKarl Rove."

Offline cclanofirish

• Just Off Probation
Outstanding job taking on this vile woman. Kepp up the good work.

Offline djones520

Does it still post at the DUmp and if it does has anyone seen any reference from it about how the election went down?

KC

Their search functions are ass backwards, so it's hard to tell.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Your best bet would be the Dallas Morning News.

The Dallas Morning Snooze is a lost cause....

might look for the papers in Plano, Frisco and McKinney

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
The CC Observer is a liberal website BTW!

Offline Miss Mia

Their search functions are ass backwards, so it's hard to tell.

I searched and there isn't a post from her in the big forums nor in the Texas area after her announcement of running. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!

I searched and there isn't a post from her in the big forums nor in the Texas area after her announcement of running. 

Seems like it would have wanted to stir the pot amongst the DUmmies.  I'm really surprised there weren't any posts of a 'stolen' election.   :whatever:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Miss Mia

Seems like it would have wanted to stir the pot amongst the DUmmies.  I'm really surprised there weren't any posts of a 'stolen' election.   :whatever:

KC

I looked under her name and there's nothing past August. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!

I looked under her name and there's nothing past August. 

Uh oh.  It was getting too close to the truth and they had it 'bumped off'! 

You better post what you found at the DUmp MM.  It is only right.  They will all want to know what happened but be warned, they will want to know what you knew and when you knew it.

:-)

KC

*Stolen

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)

she lost of course.

that was some campaign, lying fliers that even upset Democrats