Author Topic: Get the word out, a DUmmie is running for office in "Collin County Texas"  (Read 10252 times)

Offline tuolumnejim

Lets make sure to expose the views of the DUmmie to all in her AO.  :-)

Link

powergirl  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-20-08 05:11 AM
Original message
I am now a Democratic Candidate for Commissioner in Collin County Texas 
Edited on Wed Aug-20-08 05:16 AM by powergirl
I'm running as a Democrat in Collin county and I need your help!!!!!

The county commissioner in my precinct passed away in June - which is in the middle of his four year term. The County Judge of the Commissioner's court, who is a Republican, appointed my opponent, Kathy Ward, a Republican, to temporarily fill that seat until the November election. The Republican party of Collin County voted for her to be on November's ballot.

Thereafter, I was voted upon by the Democratic Voting precinct chairs in Commissioner's Precinct 4 to be on November's ballot. Collin County is a Republican stronghold but with the primary election, many more Democrats than Republicans voted. This was a first for Collin County in approximately 25 years. I hope that the Democratic enthusiasm will transfer to local elections - where we desperately need change!

My opponent is unqualified for this job. Her leading achievement is being the chair of the Republican Party of Collin County. The Commissioner's court has been making bigoted statements and making harassing and disparaging remarks about certain minority populations. They refuse to properly fund any indigent health care program out of alleged fear of helping "illegals." Furthermore, the Court had to pay a year's salary to an exemplary employee - for prejudicial comments and possible lawsuit - who happened to be gay.

I am requesting your support for my candidacy. I need the help of all of all my fellow Dems in the country. Check out my website. I want to earn your vote and your support. Learn more about me here:

A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Time to do some research on "Powergirl's" completely bat-sh*t posts at the DUmp.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

She calls the Dallas area "Jesus-Land":

powergirl(1000+ posts)
Mon Mar-28-05 09:22 PM
Response to Original message
10. Tell me about Jesus Land - I live in Texas

I'm in Dallas. I'm surprised I haven't seen the "special" report.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=1691507&mesg_id=1691833

Offline Ralph Wiggum

From this thread:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x1411690

powergirl  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Wed Apr-14-04 09:13 PM
Response to Reply #4
7. I'm assuming that Bush doesn't declare martial law,

all of the votes are actually counted, and Kerry isn't abducted by aliens. My landlside prediction is based on "normal" election conditions. But, I too am scared about Bush's comments to Russert and at the Press conference re: I'm not going to lose. The Repubs will do anything - lie, cheat to win. They are horrible horrible people. But I am hopeful that this will strengthen the resolve of the real majority out there to go to the polls and vote. But Bush likes to use his big cowboy words and make declarations that he isn't going to lose, etc.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Local newspapers for Collin County Texas...replete with special sections on "Church News."

http://www.farmersvilletimes.com/

http://www.wylienews.com/

yummy!
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ralph Wiggum

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x3631368

Tue May-10-05 03:34 PM
Original message
HELP ME TO NOT BE RUDE! LETTER FROM MY KIDS' SCHOOL ABOUT FUNDING

Edited on Tue May-10-05 03:42 PM by powergirl
I got this email from my kids' school. They go to a Catholic School because the wingnuts around here (I live in Texas) have turned the public schools into bastions of Guns and Jesus freaks. Anyway, the email is copied below. And of course, these people who are so SHOCKED that the president has pledged ZERO FUNDING to leave children behind. They all voted for the bastard! Should I respond? How can I respond without being obnoxious. I have to deal with these people all the time b/c my kids school. Any advice would be appreciated.

- snipped, more at above link -

Calling President Bush a bastard on a public forum probably won't fly well in Texas.

• Global Moderator
Keep digging Ralph. We'll compile the compost into single missive to be sent to the papers with links.

What are the odds the mods will memory-hole the posts to protect her? Grab screenies.

Offline Miss Mia

Local newspapers for Collin County Texas...replete with special sections on "Church News."

http://www.farmersvilletimes.com/

http://www.wylienews.com/

yummy!

Your best bet would be the Dallas Morning News.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Ralph Wiggum

Keep digging Ralph. We'll compile the compost into single missive to be sent to the papers with links.

What are the odds the mods will memory-hole the posts to protect her? Grab screenies.

Still digging & screencapping.  The incumbent Republican probably has a cakewalk, but any further ammo is always helpful.

• Global Moderator
I'm also screen capping.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Good.  She needs to be exposed and embarrassed for her anti-American opinions.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
powergirl  (1000+ posts)      Wed Apr-14-04 09:16 PM
Response to Reply #5
8. He's will not be experiencing the rapture any time soon
 until he gets on his knees and tells the Almighty what he has done to cause the death of thousands of Americans in 911 and Iraq. I think he looked clincally depressed last night.

Well, well, well....in addition to her general "moonbattiness", our friend powergirl is a 911 truther. Should go over well in a county that gave the President 72% of its vote in 2004.

• Global Moderator
Response to Reply #5
 until he gets on his knees and tells the Almighty what he has done to cause the death of thousands of Americans in 911 and Iraq. I think he looked clincally depressed last night.

Well, well, well....in addition to her general "moonbattiness", our friend powergirl is a 911 truther. Should go over well in a county that gave the President 72% of its vote in 2004.
Link, man; where's the LINK!

Offline Kasha

• Probationary (Probie)
Response to Reply #5

Link, man; where's the LINK!
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=104&topic_id=1411690&mesg_id=1411903
Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.
-Laurence J. Peter

Offline Ralph Wiggum

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=600251&mesg_id=600286

Sat Aug-07-04 10:50 PM
Response to Reply #3
4. Doesn't Mr. Rove spell his name with a "K"

as in "KKK" or Communist "Karl Marx?" You know those REpubs desperately needed to "diversify" the speaker list and Powell would rather vacation in "un-hot regions." Karl is eating twinkies, ding dongs, ho hos, you name it. But he signed up to work for the Devil and he's getting what he deserves.

Calling President Bush the devil, always a good ploy.  :whatever:

Offline tuolumnejim

I like it, a fast acting effort to get rid of the DUmmie's chances to spread her leftist trash talk.  :-)
You guys are on the ball, don't forget to send your work to her opponent Kathy Ward.
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tuolumnejim

I just noticed one of the notable DUmmie's reply.

RGBolen  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-20-08 05:29 AM
2. I live in precinct 4, however I vote in Louisiana. But I will be willing to help

Admitting voter fraud on a website that can be viewed by anyone.  :doh:

Thomas Jefferson

• Global Moderator
OK, ideas about the dime to be dropped. My rough-draft of the email I would like to distribute:

To the editors,

It has come to the attention of the undersigned that a Mrs. Jean Power is running for the seat of Collin County commissioner, Precinct 4, in Novemeber 2008.

We became aware of this fact through our private efforts monitor the self-described progressive website democraticunderground.com (simply DU for short).

In the interests of full disclosure we watch this forum because it is a hotbed for anti-US sentiments, anti-religious bigotry and paranoid conspiracy theories. Those who stay abreast of netroots-based political activism are well-aware of DU's reputation, thus our curiosity was piqued.

It was through our perusals that we became aware of Mrs. Power's candidacy through one of her posts announcing her bid and subsequent pleas for assistance. When we began to examine her posting history we found that Mrs. Powers is as steeped in the derision, conspiracies and mean-spiritedness that has earned the forum its disreputation.

We are deeply troubled that someone who believes the US government is behind the attacks of September 11, 2001 and describes the predominantly Christian population of Collins County, TX as "wingnuts" would have the audicity to smile at them while seeking their votes for elected office.

Below posts by Mrs. Power in their entirety to preserve their context along with links to their originating pages. DU is famous for censoring posts that embarrass them in public (you should see the forms when prominent conservatives take ill or pass away) not counting the censorship of dissention so we have preserved inmages of the posts through screencapruring.

The post that brought this matter to our attention:

powergirl  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-20-08 05:11 AM
Original message
I am now a Democratic Candidate for Commissioner in Collin County Texas 
Edited on Wed Aug-20-08 05:16 AM by powergirl
I'm running as a Democrat in Collin county and I need your help!!!!!

The county commissioner in my precinct passed away in June - which is in the middle of his four year term. The County Judge of the Commissioner's court, who is a Republican, appointed my opponent, Kathy Ward, a Republican, to temporarily fill that seat until the November election. The Republican party of Collin County voted for her to be on November's ballot.

Thereafter, I was voted upon by the Democratic Voting precinct chairs in Commissioner's Precinct 4 to be on November's ballot. Collin County is a Republican stronghold but with the primary election, many more Democrats than Republicans voted. This was a first for Collin County in approximately 25 years. I hope that the Democratic enthusiasm will transfer to local elections - where we desperately need change!

My opponent is unqualified for this job. Her leading achievement is being the chair of the Republican Party of Collin County. The Commissioner's court has been making bigoted statements and making harassing and disparaging remarks about certain minority populations. They refuse to properly fund any indigent health care program out of alleged fear of helping "illegals." Furthermore, the Court had to pay a year's salary to an exemplary employee - for prejudicial comments and possible lawsuit - who happened to be gay.

I am requesting your support for my candidacy. I need the help of all of all my fellow Dems in the country. Check out my website. I want to earn your vote and your support. Learn more about me here:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3825233

What we have subsequently learned about Mrs. Powers:

powergirl  (1000+ posts)      Wed Apr-14-04 09:16 PM
Response to Reply #5
 until he gets on his knees and tells the Almighty what he has done to cause the death of thousands of Americans in 911 and Iraq. I think he looked clincally depressed last night. I think he's been hiding out of the ranched curled up in a ball and sobbing. He has got to be racked with guilt or humiliation for the mess he's got the country into. That doesn't mean he will eventually do the right thing. But I think he is starting to hear the voices of those who died. Dramatic sounding eh - but I really think it is getting to him. But Bozo wont' repent. He'll just keep acting all cowboyish and continue to ask his administration to carry his water for him. Please don't let this man be president again.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=104&topic_id=1411690&mesg_id=1411903

Sat Aug-07-04 10:50 PM
Response to Reply #3
4. Doesn't Mr. Rove spell his name with a "K"

as in "KKK" or Communist "Karl Marx?" You know those REpubs desperately needed to "diversify" the speaker list and Powell would rather vacation in "un-hot regions." Karl is eating twinkies, ding dongs, ho hos, you name it. But he signed up to work for the Devil and he's getting what he deserves.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=600251&mesg_id=600286

powergirl  (1000+ posts)      Tue May-10-05 03:34 PM
Original message
HELP ME TO NOT BE RUDE! LETTER FROM MY KIDS' SCHOOL ABOUT FUNDING
 Advertisements [?]Edited on Tue May-10-05 03:42 PM by powergirl
I got this email from my kids' school. They go to a Catholic School because the wingnuts around here (I live in Texas) have turned the public schools into bastions of Guns and Jesus freaks. Anyway, the email is copied below. And of course, these people who are so SHOCKED that the president has pledged ZERO FUNDING to leave children behind. They all voted for the bastard! Should I respond? How can I respond without being obnoxious. I have to deal with these people all the time b/c my kids school. Any advice would be appreciated.

Subject: Action Alert - NCLB Title II , Title IV, Title V:A

Dear Colleagues,

The time has come to convey to Congress how much our Catholic schools depend on continued funding for the following programs in No Child Left Behind:

Title II  – Enhancing Education Through Technology
Title IV – Safe and Drug-Free Schools
Title V:A – Innovative Programs

Both Title II , and Title IV are ZERO FUNDED in the President's budget request, and Title V:A - Innovative Programs, which was initially cut to almost nothing last year but with your wonderful efforts was restored to $200 million, has been reduced to a proposed $100 million.

Currently, both houses of Congress have passed a budget resolution and are now working on the appropriations process within the respective appropriations subcommittees. It is critical that all members of Congress, and especially members of the Labor, Health and Human Services and Education Subcommittees from both the House and Senate Appropriations Committees, hear from their constituents and members of the education community that these programs are vital in continuing to educate all American students in both public and private schools.

Please contact your members of Congress by phone, fax, or email and communicate to them that these programs are effective and much-needed within our schools, and that the proposed reductions and eliminations would be harmful to the students who rely upon them. You can find contact information for all Representatives at www.house.gov and for all Senators at www.senate.gov . At this point in the appropriations process, it is especially important to focus on those members of the Labor-HHS-Education Appropriations Subcommittees. Those members, along with their states and districts, are listed below.

Additionally, you may refer to www.capenet.org for more information. CAPE has recently conducted a survey regarding the effectiveness of these programs in private schools, and those results and the accompanying report can be found there, as well - these reports will also be distributed to all Congressional offices to build support for the programs. Please do not hesitate to contact the USCCB Department of Education at the email addresses below or if you have any other questions.

Thank you once again for all of your support. Without your prompt and thorough attention last fall, Title V:A would not have survived, and we hope to achieve similar success this year as well.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x3631368

powergirl  (1000+ posts)      Wed Apr-14-04 09:13 PM
Response to Reply #4
7. I'm assuming that Bush doesn't declare martial law,
 all of the votes are actually counted, and Kerry isn't abducted by aliens. My landlside prediction is based on "normal" election conditions. But, I too am scared about Bush's comments to Russert and at the Press conference re: I'm not going to lose. The Repubs will do anything - lie, cheat to win. They are horrible horrible people. But I am hopeful that this will strengthen the resolve of the real majority out there to go to the polls and vote. But Bush likes to use his big cowboy words and make declarations that he isn't going to lose, etc.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=104&topic_id=1411690&mesg_id=1411873

powergirl  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-28-05 09:22 PM
10. Tell me about Jesus Land - I live in Texas
 I'm in Dallas. I'm surprised I haven't seen the "special" report.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=1691507&mesg_id=1691833

In the event the moderators at DU begin censoring Mrs. power's posts to keep her prejudice, paranoia and general disdain for the president, the US and her constuents a secret we have taken extensive screencaptures of these posts to preserve them and are prepared to forawrd them to you at your request.

We think the people of Collin County, Texas as well as America as a whole deserve to be well-represented--if not free of contempt--by those seeking elected office. It troubles us deeply that the Democrats of Collin County Texas could find no better candidate than Mrs. Power and they owe us an explanation as to how someone with such derisible attitudes, posting on such a hate-laden forum as DU could pass by their scrutiny.

Thank-you for your time,

(undersigned)

Please add your comments, corrections and/or "sig" if you wish to join the undersigned.

TX Dem Women website showing Mrs. Power's candidacy: http://www.tdwcc.org/

Her official campaign website: http://www.powerforcommissioner.com/

Local press story: http://www.baumbach.org/b2evolution/blogs/index.php?title=democrat_jean_power_files_for_precinct_4&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 07:55:34 AM by Mr Snuggle Bunny »

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Damn, that's good.

That's damned good.

That's really impressive.

However....."slef" should be "self".
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Damn, that's good.

That's damned good.

That's really impressive.

However....."slef" should be "self".

I noticed that, and after "(sinply DU for short)," there needs to be a ) as well.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Excellent Sir Snuggles.

I lived in Collin County. She's going to have a hard time convincing the voters :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lauri

heck, forget the papers, send it to her GOP rival in that race!  :cheersmate:

• Global Moderator
Just got word back from the Collins County GOP. The contact there is forwarding the posts to parties that would be interested.

Offline Lauri

Still digging & screencapping.  The incumbent Republican probably has a cakewalk, but any further ammo is always helpful.

I find it amusing that this woman running at the DUmp is accusing the GOP of ruining their schools there. The Liberals in Austin are doing the best job they possibly can to ruin that great state.

And the NEA...

And Ted Kennedy's No Child Left Behind legislation..

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Just got word back from the Collins County GOP. The contact there is forwarding the posts to parties that would be interested.
Well done  everyone who helped with compiling the info.  Take that DUAC.  :lmao: