Author Topic: Question for all members!!  (Read 11236 times)

Offline Houstonguy34

Question for all members!!
« on: May 08, 2018, 01:32:11 PM »
Were any good of you ever members or posters on DU?  I actually joined once back  in 2009 looking for intelligent debate. What I found was creepy cult worship of Obama. When I questioned this cult like stuff I got banned.. Since then I enjoy the site for good comic relief.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Re: Question for all members!!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 02:32:30 PM »
Were any good of you ever members or posters on DU?  I actually joined once back  in 2009 looking for intelligent debate. What I found was creepy cult worship of Obama. When I questioned this cult like stuff I got banned.. Since then I enjoy the site for good comic relief.

Many moons ago, while not understanding what I was wading into, I too, signed up and made an attempt to "debate". I was banned after my first post, which was very civil... just not what they wanted to hear.
Obviously, I learned what that pit of vipers is for rather quickly and made a few failed attempts at trolling them over the years, but I've never been very skilled at it like some are.
so yea, unless you want to polish up your trolling skills and have some fun, the other option is to just laugh at the DUmb bastards from a distance. You wouldn't want any of that rubbing off on you...  they are a special kind of vile
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 04:47:09 PM by FunkyZero »

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 04:04:15 PM »
.....they are a special kind of vile.

Damn.

Many words of wit and wisdom have passed through these portals; awesome insight.

But I've never seen a truer comment.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 04:42:50 PM »
Because DU's TOS don't permit differing views, I've never been a member there. I also claim not to have a mole on DU, either. :naughty:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 06:31:15 PM »
I’ve had exactly 2 accounts there. Like many I had no idea of the hive mentality with the first account. First one got banned by the second post. LOL never, and I mean never, tell DUmmies that social security is a scam that you wish you could opt out of.

Second account I realized how much stupid I was up against and lasted to almost 1,000 posts. I just couldn’t do it. Don’t let the DUmmies know that a man should have a say so in the birth of his child. Somehow the people who scoff at immaculate conception think a woman does not need a man to become pregnant, therefore an abortion should only be the decision of the female.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 07:46:31 PM »
I’ve had exactly 2 accounts there. Like many I had no idea of the hive mentality with the first account. First one got banned by the second post. LOL never, and I mean never, tell DUmmies that social security is a scam that you wish you could opt out of.

Second account I realized how much stupid I was up against and lasted to almost 1,000 posts. I just couldn’t do it. Don’t let the DUmmies know that a man should have a say so in the birth of his child. Somehow the people who scoff at immaculate conception think a woman does not need a man to become pregnant, therefore an abortion should only be the decision of the female.

KC

IT damn near impossible to hold back... it really is just so off the rails stupid, it's hard to sit still and let it go by. that's why I never lasted long. I do still have an account there, but it is like 6-7 years old and has zero posts. i only use it for some of the members only site functions.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 08:23:23 PM »
In 2004 I made the mistake of thinking that DU was a site of people open to discussions of different ideologies. Boy, was I wrong. I was polite, no personal attacks and just wanted to debate ideas with people who looked at things different from me. My first non-groupspeak post got me banned. I later found Conservative Underground and started posting there. I then came here as a charter member when the great Gator/Ron Paul Schism occurred. I now participate on both sites.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 11:10:04 AM »
After reading the posts there I find it hard to believe there are real people out there that are that vile, stupid, hate filled , rude and just plain ignorant & disgusting.

One can only hope they never get in power again.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!