Author Topic: jackpiners whining about students who asked for trouble, and got it  (Read 1633 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/48th-anniversary-of-the-us-sanctioned-murder-of-four-students-at-kent-state-univ/

Oh my.

This was in my lifetime, but I was too young at the time to understand this as being anything more than arrogant college students refusing to use the normal channels of dissent, who instead went out and deliberately provoked trouble that didn't have to happen.

It reminds one of two years earlier, during the Democrat National Convention in Chicago in 1968, where the outnumbered police desperately tried to protect the public and maintain order while being assaulted and mauled by hippies gone berserk.

Sometimes assholes want to be martyrs, and it's perfectly fine with me if someone uses the means to help them realize that goal.

Marym625 (29734 posts)    May 4, 2018 at 10:43 pm

48th anniversary of the US sanctioned murder of four students at Kent State University

On the weekend of May 4, 1970, students across the country were protesting the US involvement in the Vietnam War and our “secret” expansion into Cambodia and Laos.

At Kent State, the National Guard was called in. While tension mounted on May 3rd, the students remained resolute in their purpose.

After 45 years, the families of the victims and the 9 victims who survived (the families of those who have since died) are still waiting for justice.

The “kill order” has been discovered on a tape. The tape has been verified as authentic by independent sources as well as the FBI. However, the DoD and the DoJ refuse to reopen the case. The UN has even called on the US to reopen the investigation, without a response.

Order to shoot:
http://www.may4.org/ohionationalguardordertofire.html

after which follows a list of the rectal apertures who caused all this

Marym625 (29734 posts)    (Reply to original post)   May 4, 2018 at 11:06 pm

1. I put this on The Daily Radical

To remember the victims of our government. Sadly, that includes hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions. Specifically speaking about Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, all our people that were in the military, the U.S. as a whole. So many maimed, killed, tortured. So many victims. And

These four young, healthy adults just starting out in life

Those "four young, healthy adults just starting out in life" had a choice between following the law to express their discontent, or to create unlawful disorder and chaos to express their discontent.

Cry me a river, jackpiners.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 09:53:55 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

I met Tom Hayden before Jane did.   And the planning for Chicago?  Yup, round up the useful idiots and push them into the front of the line while falling back out of harms way.   :whistling:   I knew enough to stay the heck away but did watch to see if anyone I knew was getting their skull bashed.   It was one of many incidents on my way to conversion to conservativism. 

Protesting Wallace in the deep South was another.  You find out pretty fast who your friends in those situations.     
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline DumbAss Tanker

At least one of the four, possibly two, were bystanders (One at least not even in the area), but .30 caliber bullets go a very long way once they're loosed.  It actually had nothing to do with the Feds, the troops were National Guard under the Governor's orders, and had been pelted with various thrown objects for an extended period before the shooting, which doesn't excuse it but does explain why bit came to pass.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

Marym625 (29734 posts)    May 4, 2018 at 10:43 pm

48th anniversary of the US sanctioned murder of four students at Kent State University
At Kent State, the National Guard was called in. While tension mounted on May 3rd, the students remained resolute in their purpose.

At least one of the four, possibly two, were bystanders (One at least not even in the area), but .30 caliber bullets go a very long way once they're loosed.  It actually had nothing to do with the Feds, the troops were National Guard under the Governor's orders, and had been pelted with various thrown objects for an extended period before the shooting, which doesn't excuse it but does explain why bit came to pass.

Yep, it was the Governor of Ohio who called in the Ohio National Guard, not Progs' bogeyman, President Nixon. Not that facts matter on DU.

Speaking of bystanders, the girl crouching and screaming over one of the dead was a high school student who had skipped school to watch the doings. If she's still alive she's a year or so older than me.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Speaking of bystanders, the girl crouching and screaming over one of the dead was a high school student who had skipped school to watch the doings. If she's still alive she's a year or so older than me.

She was fourteen years old at the time, but that's all I know about her.

I recall, back in May 1970, that a local physician asked why the Hell a fourteen-year-old girl was hanging around a college campus, especially one where it was likely troublemakers would cause trouble.

You're probably right that she skipped out of school; if she'd gotten into more trouble than she did, I'd be the last person to feel badly about it.

When people go around looking for trouble and find it, they probably actually get less than what they deserve.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

Those who fail to learn their lessons from history, are doomed to repeat the very same mistakes from the past.
Today, college students are being manipulated in the very same way. 

Offline Old n Grumpy

It might be a plan to bring in the national guard to give antifa a civics lesson next time they decide to riot and destroy property.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline I_B_Perky

I was like 4 when this went down so I am by no means an expert on it.  Having said that my take on it is thus: 

Those dumb ****s threw shit at people with weapons. And continued to do it after apparently being told to stop.  The end result could have been predicted.  Eventually someone was gonna get tired of that shit and put a stop to it... and they did.  I have no sympathy.  That is what is wrong with the protesting ****s today. No one has any balls to kill the inciters and put an end to the violence.

I support the right of Americans to peacebly assemble with the purpose of seeking redress for their grievances. I do not support violence and I do not support destroying public or private property as a way of expressing their grievances.     As far as I am concerned, they start that shit, it should be open season on them.

End of rant.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
I was 11 in 1970, what I remember watching the news was these idiots marching and acting like animals. 

I also wondered why these idiots weren't in class...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
(1) I support the right of Americans to peacebly assemble with the purpose of seeking redress for their grievances.

(2) I do not support violence and I do not support destroying public or private property as a way of expressing their grievances.     

(3) As far as I am concerned, they start that shit, it should be open season on them.

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments, every single one of them.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline sneakypete1

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: jackpiners whining about students who asked for trouble, and got it
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 06:48:39 AM »

Those dumb ****s threw shit at people with weapons. And continued to do it after apparently being told to stop.  The end result could have been predicted.   

It was not just "people with weapons". It was mostly scared young men between 18 and 22 years old who had joined the NG to avoid serving in VN themselves,and they were'nt at Ohio State because they wanted to be,or because they wanted to shoot hippies.

And,as usual,the left manipulated the naive into going into the front lines were THEY would be the ones to take the brunt of any reprisals,while they remained far in the background where THEY were safe.

The left WANTED this to happen and engineered it. Remember,these NG guys were scared kids themselves,and they didn't really understand why they were being verbally and physically attacked by people their age. ALL it takes in a situation like that for very bad things to happen is for ONE firearm to fire. It could even fire accidentally and the  outcome would be no different,the other people with guns would think THEY were the ones being shot at because they knew that THEY had not shot anyone,so they open fire.

There are two absolute truths you can take from this. The first is that the left WANTED innocent kids to be killed in order to advance their agenda,and the second thing being that one shot leads to a chain reaction.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 06:56:09 AM »
The left WANTED this to happen and engineered it.

Uh huh, and that's one thing that's torn me apart since, well, since adolescence.

When they ask for something, such as a violent confrontation, should they get it?

Or should they be ignored?

About half the time I think, "well, yeah, give it to them; kick them in their teech;" about the other half the time I think, "no, ignore them."

apres moi, le deluge

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2018, 12:41:51 PM »
Yep, it was the Governor of Ohio who called in the Ohio National Guard, not Progs' bogeyman, President Nixon. Not that facts matter on DU.

Neil Young's song Ohio really distorted the events after the fact. Unfortunately what most younger people know of Kent State is via Mr. Young's interpretation of what occurred.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.