Author Topic: Conservative advertisement on DU  (Read 2120 times)

Offline CC27

Conservative advertisement on DU
« on: April 17, 2018, 07:29:30 AM »
Proud liberal 80 (1,285 posts)

Conservative advertisement on DU

Why do I get so many conservative ads on DU. For instance, this one showed up this morning http://www.stevefortexas.com.

If they want to waste their money that’s fine by me, but weird.

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210504189

If its fine why did you post this? TRIGGERED!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Conservative advertisement on DU
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 07:38:43 AM »
If its fine why did you post this? TRIGGERED!

I think it's all good, because it's high time--several decades late now--that Democrats, liberals, and primitives become aware that there's points of view other than just theirs, no matter what the mainstream news media, Hollywood, academia, popular culture, say.

There's a whole lot of other people out here in the real world.

Too bad for the primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 08:54:05 AM »
I thought you got ads for things that you searched for.  So why are those ads being targeted at this specific primitive? Perhaps it likes to look at things of a conservative nature? It deserved a granite pizza.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 09:30:04 AM »
I thought you got ads for things that you searched for.  So why are those ads being targeted at this specific primitive? Perhaps it likes to look at things of a conservative nature? It deserved a granite pizza.

Unlikely as he would have been complaining about hairless underage Asian boy advertisements.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 09:42:19 AM »
Unlikely as he would have been complaining about hairless underage Asian boy advertisements.
Why would a DUmmie complain about that (other than not being enough)?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 11:07:51 AM »

Basically, that's it. ________ pays Google or some other similar entity to run ads on sites based on individual users' perceived interests, based on their search history. So if you do a few searches about dishwashers or laptops you'll start seeing ads about whatever product you searched. But some SW that gauges one's interests, in my past experience, is not very sophisticated. When I was visiting Pro-Life news sites with some frequency I would see on other sites ads for the likes of PP and NARAL. Evidently DU's ad service company has SW that lacks that kind of sophistication.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 03:09:51 PM »
JenniferJuniper (2,712 posts)
10. I only get ads for bar stools...

They aren't bar stools, they are big butt plugs because they now you are a giant ass hole. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 04:36:54 PM »
Basically, that's it. ________ pays Google or some other similar entity to run ads on sites based on individual users' perceived interests, based on their search history. So if you do a few searches about dishwashers or laptops you'll start seeing ads about whatever product you searched. But some SW that gauges one's interests, in my past experience, is not very sophisticated. When I was visiting Pro-Life news sites with some frequency I would see on other sites ads for the likes of PP and NARAL. Evidently DU's ad service company has SW that lacks that kind of sophistication.

I think the (generated) meta-tag is just "politics."  I suspect there is no "freaking America-hating commie lib" meta-tag.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 09:19:08 PM »
Steve for texas dot com? Sounds like a good man, but there was one other prolific "Steve" that the Cave pushed awhile back. Who was it? Ah, yes... Steve Dawes.

http://www.electstevedawes.com/

Yessir, THAT was one classic site, we probably helped his campaign more than he realized. That's what we do.

"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle