Author Topic: I am so in trouble. Serious advice needed. Bouncy  (Read 4978 times)

Offline CC27

I am so in trouble. Serious advice needed. Bouncy
« on: April 05, 2018, 07:04:03 AM »
Sophiegirl (1,927 posts)

I am so in trouble. Serious advice needed.

As it turns out, next week, my husband and I have been “obligated to go to a “gala” in DC. Our CEO and his wife were unavailable to attend which then fell on us to go. I did a little research as to the people who will sit at our table. These gentleman and presumably their wives are serious Trump-humpers.

I can’t refuse to go, or else I will put our company AND my husband in a negative light. If I call out any names or the name of the event here, it will be easy to identify us, thus ruining his career.

I have to sit at a table of 8 Trumpets without going full on Wonder Woman and ruining my husband’s 28-yr career.

What to do?

Where is the flu when I need it!!!

Advice on table talk without exciting violence?

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210451973

Wow, this is such BS. Cool story bro.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: I am so in trouble. Serious advice needed. Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 07:36:32 AM »
It's all lies, all of it.

Someone "important enough" to substitute for a CEO at some sort of political gala in Washington, D.C., would not be a primitive, and even if this were a legitimate concern, wouldn't ask about it on Skins's island.

It's a lie.  The primitive's just trying to make mischief, although for whom or why, I have no idea.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 07:37:30 AM »
Good grief! Is "Sophiegirl" that socially inept?

Get the guys ("Sophiegirl" identified them as being males) who work for the company talking about what they do and how the company is doing.

Get the wives talking about what they do - business or family.

Get them talking about their families.

Get them talking about the things they do outside of work - camping, fishing, hiking, running ultra-marathons, charity work, whatever.

Get them talking about the things they did or plan to do while in DC.

My social skills could be much better than they are, but these are things I do when I want to get to know people, and they work rather well. I guess "Sophiegirl" can't envision people who aren't consumed by politics all their waking hours, DU-like.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 07:44:47 AM »
If you have to ask a question like this on DU then you obviously are not the class of people who would be asked to attend such an event.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 07:49:01 AM »
Of a bigger concern for sophiegirl and Mr. sophiegirl would be since the gala event is in DC, what to do with their carry gunz that evening?

:whistling:
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 07:51:52 AM »
Her going Full On Wonder Woman?

I've seen the DUmmy chicks (if you're kind enough to call them chicks)...ain't a one of them anyone would want to see in that costume.

Gal Gadot pulled it off wonderfully, but she was a combat instructor in the Israeli Defense Force, not a DUmmy chick.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 07:52:34 AM »
If you have to ask a question like this on DU then you obviously are not the class of people who would be asked to attend such an event.

My point exactly; thank you, sir.

There are a few primitives high up on the social register, but they're damned few.

Among those who've been verified as being what they insist they are include the brooklynite primitive, the DFW primitive Marc in Germany, the California Peggy primitive, Skins himself, Atman because of his mother's money, and drunken Bostonian Bill because of his grandfather's money; these are the sorts of primitives who might be "important" enough to be invited to political galas, although in the latter two cases, somebody else is probably picking up the $100-a-plate or $1000-a-plate tab for them.

But for the most part, the only connection primitives might have with political galas is when they come in during the wee hours of the morning to clean up the hotel banqueting room.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 07:53:26 AM »

And if the whole thing is real - maybe with a hint of DFW-style quasi-name-dropping - DU seems to me one of the worst possible places to ask that kind of question.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 07:56:34 AM »
Her going Full On Wonder Woman?

I've seen the DUmmy chicks (if you're kind enough to call them chicks)...ain't a one of them anyone would want to see in that costume.

Gal Gadot pulled it off wonderfully, but she was a combat instructor in the Israeli Defense Force, not a DUmmy chick.

Politics aside, there aren't that many 50-something women who could make that look good. Nor 50-something guys who could pull off the male super-hero look.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 08:04:20 AM »
My social skills could be much better than they are, but these are things I do when I want to get to know people, and they work rather well. I guess "Sophiegirl" can't envision people who aren't consumed by politics all their waking hours, DU-like.

You are assuming Sophiegirl wants to get to know the people she will be sitting with. She doesn't. Given her druthers, she would prefer to live in a bubble, surrounded by people who think just like her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 08:04:56 AM »
Yo.  Primitives.

If you're responding on the original thread on Skins's island without checking with us first, you're being taken for a ride, being made a fool of.

Always best to check with us first.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 08:05:52 AM »
Amazingly, most of the responses are that she should be polite, make small talk, and avoid any controversial topics.

(Which most normal people wouldn't have to be told, but, you know . . . )

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 08:48:49 AM »
You are assuming Sophiegirl wants to get to know the people she will be sitting with. She doesn't. Given her druthers, she would prefer to live in a bubble, surrounded by people who think just like her.

For a bunch who make so much noise about "diversity", they sure seem to organize their lives around a stultifying sameness.

Amazingly, most of the responses are that she should be polite, make small talk, and avoid any controversial topics.

(Which most normal people wouldn't have to be told, but, you know . . . )

Signs of a modicum of social common sense? From DU-folk? I guess some there can still be practical.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 09:00:52 AM »
Signs of a modicum of social common sense? From DU-folk? I guess some there can still be practical.

Moles.

Those are not responses of authentic bona fide primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 09:07:59 AM »
For a bunch who make so much noise about "diversity", they sure seem to organize their lives around a stultifying sameness.

You need to wait until later in the day. The DUmmies without jobs will finally roll out of bed and log in to DU to "alert" on those posts and give the typical DUmmie advice of making a scene worthy of a bouncy.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 09:35:38 AM »
Response to Sophiegirl (Original post)

Thu Apr 5, 2018, 07:40 AM

Star Member samplegirl (6,162 posts)

40. My poor girlfriend in Flordia

Got a job some 30 years ago working for a large yatch company. Which was owned of course by Republicans. She suffered through what she thought was the worst years ever “The Bush years” until the years of Trump! She could no longer bite her tongue and resulted in her losing her job of over 30 years. She had a lot of experience and had flown all over for them, but now at age 60 she felt less sellable. She found another company but said you can’t talk politics on the job unless your one of them! She said she would much rather listen to the ridicule of her own party than to hear them boast about how great Trump is. Just to much for her to handle. She said I have to work and it’s not worth losing another job again and risk not ever getting another job st age 60!

I like that, stand with your principles! A career and the good name of a company  is sooo bourgeoisie. With a compassionate government who needs that filthy lucre?
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 11:14:36 AM »
Response to Sophiegirl (Original post)

Thu Apr 5, 2018, 07:40 AM

Star Member samplegirl (6,162 posts)

40. My poor girlfriend in Flordia

Got a job some 30 years ago working for a large yatch company. Which was owned of course by Republicans. She suffered through what she thought was the worst years ever “The Bush years” until the years of Trump! She could no longer bite her tongue and resulted in her losing her job of over 30 years. She had a lot of experience and had flown all over for them, but now at age 60 she felt less sellable. She found another company but said you can’t talk politics on the job unless your one of them! She said she would much rather listen to the ridicule of her own party than to hear them boast about how great Trump is. Just to much for her to handle. She said I have to work and it’s not worth losing another job again and risk not ever getting another job st age 60!

I like that, stand with your principles! A career and the good name of a company  is sooo bourgeoisie. With a compassionate government who needs that filthy lucre?

1. Actually, her worst years ever, economically, were probably the Clinton years, when the Feds all but drove yacht builders out of business. She's damn lucky Obama didn't attack her industry.

2. My wife got her present job at age 58 or 59, after being out of the workforce for over 25 years. I got my present job when I was 61. That "friend" is damn lucky her new employer didn't get wind of whatever tirade got her canned. Prospective employers usually won't hire people who verbally lose it at their co-workers.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 05:31:25 PM »
If you are to stupid or out of control to keep your mouth shut for a couple of hours you need to stay home. Just tell them you have infectous ghonneria and stay home. :thatsright: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 07:15:18 PM »
Typical liberal who believes since libs want to talk about politics all the time that decent and civilized people are the same way.

Look primitives, normal people are not like you. For one thing, they have lives.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 10:37:41 PM »
It's all lies, all of it.

Someone "important enough" to substitute for a CEO at some sort of political gala in Washington, D.C., would not be a primitive, and even if this were a legitimate concern, wouldn't ask about it on Skins's island.

It's a lie.  The primitive's just trying to make mischief, although for whom or why, I have no idea.

Frank is correct, of course.

My guess is Sophiegirl made some travel arrangements and sent the R.S.V.P. for her boss (the CEO or some other high level manager) and then made up the rest of that story.
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Karin

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2018, 07:18:38 PM »
there aren't that many 50-something women who could make that look good.

Excuse me, darling? 

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2018, 07:50:43 PM »
Politics aside, there aren't that many 50-something women who could make that look good. Nor 50-something guys who could pull off the male super-hero look.
My wife's step mom is an over 50 body builder with primitive leaning tendencies to put it politely. I take great joy in bringing up facebook and sharing the string bikini misery with others.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2018, 10:17:40 PM »
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2018, 08:06:05 AM »
Excuse me, darling?

I can tell from your avatar picture that you are special!

My wife's step mom is an over 50 body builder with primitive leaning tendencies to put it politely. I take great joy in bringing up facebook and sharing the string bikini misery with others.

In my years of doing road and trail races I've seen a good number of 40+ ladies who could make the Wonder Woman look look good. But in the general population of 40+ or 50+ women they are in the minority. I appreciate minorities, :-) .

Fixed a typo.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 11:13:23 AM by SVPete »

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2018, 10:10:21 AM »
I can tell from your avatar picture that you are special!

In my years of doing road and trail races I've a good number of 40+ ladies who could make the Wonder Woman look look good. But in the general population of 40+ or 50+ women they are in the minority. I appreciate minorities, :-) .
You asked for it... check the picture forum...
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)