Author Topic: Manny's primitives discuss suicide by SUV  (Read 2554 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Manny's primitives discuss suicide by SUV
« on: April 03, 2018, 07:31:44 AM »
https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/did-an-oregon-berniecrat-family-commit-suicide-literally-driving-off-the-cliff/

Oh my.

cascadiance (3273 posts)    April 2, 2018 at 6:21 pm

Did an Oregon Berniecrat family commit suicide literally driving off the cliff?

We’ve had news reports where investigators are starting to come to that conclusion in studying the scene where the fan drove off the cliff, where it appears where they didn’t try to stop going off the cliff and looks like they may have started from a stop and drove toward the cliff.  Still three children missing.  Not hopeful, but one can only hope that they might be found somewhere alive!  I wonder what drove them to do this if this is true.  I have to believe a family believing and being so active to have Bernie elected would want to work hard on making change this coming year or so, rather than give up!  :(

http://www.bdtonline.com/news/police-looking-at-red-flags-before-california-cliff-crash/article_8a84cbe3-604f-5bb5-8b45-3743976335bd.html

Police looking at ‘red flags’ before California cliff crash

photograph of two apparent lesbos and six minor children wearing "Bernie" t-shirts

FILE – This March 20, 2016, file photo shows Hart family of Woodland, Wash., at a Bernie Sanders rally in Vancouver, Wash. The SUV carrying the Hart family accelerated straight off a scenic California cliff and authorities said the deadly wreck may have been intentional.(Tristan Fortsch/KATU News via AP, File)
Tristan Fortsch

SEATTLE (AP) — Investigators said Monday they were examining “red flags” in a Washington state family’s past in hopes of explaining why their SUV went off a 100-foot cliff in an apparent suicide plunge.

The wreckage was discovered last week on rocks along the coast near Mendocino, California, a few days after child welfare authorities in Washington began investigating whether the children were being abused or neglected.

The Hart family’s two moms and three of the six adopted children were found dead; the three others are missing and presumed dead, possibly washed out to sea.

Police said Monday that social service authorities in Oregon contacted the West Linn Police Department about the family in 2013 while they were living in the area.

Peace Patriot (3400 posts)    (Reply to HIP56948 - post #1)   April 2, 2018 at 7:13 pm

2. Yes, it does seem like an unlikely end to what, on the surface, seemed to be…

…a wonderful family.  There were signs of trouble, though.  Some news reports indicate that at least one of the parents had control issues.  (She whipped one of the girls’ buttocks making her bend over the bathtub rim.)  There were some strange reports of one of the boys going to neighbors for food for himself and the other kids. They were hungry.  Just some snippets.  Social services was involved at some point.

We simply don’t know what tensions and stress this family might have been undergoing.  Say, the tensions came out while they were in the car traveling, and the parent with control issues was at the wheel?  It could have been an impulsive reaction to whatever build-up of tensions and stress there was.

HIP56948 (3641 posts)    (Reply to Peace Patriot - post #2)   April 2, 2018 at 7:28 pm

4. "It could have been an impulsive reaction to whatever" Ah..yes..

That would be a more logical scenario.   People with severe control issues often are also bi-polar to a great degree.  One down-swing, along with other stressful issues  could lead to a fateful end.

Well, I suppose if I supported a grouchy old white-haired eccentric extremist from Vermont and his felonious wife, sooner or later I'd get around to feeling life isn't worth living, myself.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mary Ann

Re: Manny's primitives discuss suicide by SUV
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 08:11:24 AM »
Or, it could have been a pre-planned Thelma and Louise, Butch and Sundance, go-out-in-a-blaze-of-glory agreement, with six innocent children along for the ride.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 08:19:09 AM »
I suspect one or both of the parents realized that the world might soon be learning they weren't the perfect example of a gay couple raising a family and feared being used as an example by the anti-gay marriage coalitions. So at least one parent decided to drive the whole family off a cliff and become an example to be used by the anti-gay marriage coalitions on why gay adoption is bad.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 09:05:34 AM »
Friends react to Woodland family’s deadly California crash as new details emerge

The California High Patrol reported that the crash off a cliff in Mendocino County last week that killed Jennifer Jean Hart, Sarah Margaret Hart and at least three of their adopted children may have been an intentional act.

Investigators said information pulled from the couple’s SUV showed it had stopped off the highway before accelerating straight off the cliff. There were no tire friction marks, dirt prints from the tires or skid marks at the scene and the SUV’s speedometer was pinned at 90 mph at impact, indicating to police it was running and in motion just prior to hitting the rocks.
Neighbors in Woodland told FOX 12 last week they contacted Child Protective Services when one of the children, 15-year-old Devonte Hart, came to their home begging for food for himself and his siblings.

The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services released a statement last week confirming a case was opened regarding the family last Friday, as “the now-deceased children were identified as potential victims of alleged abuse or neglect.”

Peace Patriot (3400 posts)    (Reply to HIP56948 - post #1)   April 2, 2018 at 7:13 pm

2. Yes, it does seem like an unlikely end to what, on the surface, seemed to be…

…a wonderful family.  There were signs of trouble, though. 1 Some news reports indicate that at least one of the parents had control issues.  (She whipped one of the girls’ buttocks making her bend over the bathtub rim.)  2 There were some strange reports of one of the boys going to neighbors for food for himself and the other kids. They were hungry.  Just some snippets.  Social services was involved at some point.

Incident 1 was several years ago (I think I've read that it was 2011) in another state (Minnesota?). Incident 2 was a week or two before they disappeared. In between they had lived in OR, and they had lived in Woodland, WA for some 4 years.

I've commented on this incident very carefully because I know that highway can be very unforgiving of misjudging one of its many curves, of driving distracted, or of falling asleep it the wheel. The highway, State Highway 1, hugs the coast closely for most of the ~200 miles from north of Fort Bragg south to the tip of the Marin Peninsula (across the Golden Gate from SF). At various point one is driving at beach level,dipping into a redwood glen, crossing a creek, and, frequently, driving along the edge of a cliff high above rocks or small beach. A driver must be paying attention to the road, and all the more so at night when the car's headlights and maybe the Moon are the only light.

The particulars I knew until this AM - specifically that they drove across a 75 foot pull-out to get to the cliff ruled out a misjudged curve or a moment of distraction. Still open,with the time of the plunge unknown, was that the driver fell asleep.

Now it looks like the plunge was deliberate. The car stopped at the turn-out, then accelerated toward the cliff edge, and the engine was still driving the wheels, now faster because contact with the ground no longer slowed the wheels. The major remaining unknowns seem to whether it was a murder-suicide or a suicide pact, and why they did whatever they did.

It's kind of apparent that their family's manner of life was unraveling, pretty much of their own doing. But why did they drive the entire length of Oregon and 1/4 the length and half the width of California before doing their deed? In that drive they passed through the Cascades and Siskyous and had ample opportunities to go off a cliff if that was their plan. For that matter, why not just drive to the WA or northern OR coast and find a convenient cliff there?

What some conservatives seem to "want" is to hold them up as, "This is what can happen when lesbians adopt children." OTOH, Libs & Progs seriously want the causes underlying this to be utterly unrelated to the women being lesbians. As I avoided conclusion-jumping when basic facts of the sequence of events were unknown, I won't jump to conclusions about the "Why?" Frankly, I think the situation is too complex to be able to definitely link their plunge (however it was decided) to the women's lesbian life choices and style. And on a broader, nationwide, scale I doubt a corresponding definitively identified link between lesbian life choices and styles and this kind of self-destructive behaviors. There is a difference between statistical correlations and definitive proof; I think people are too complex for the latter.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 12:07:46 PM »
Did an Oregon Berniecrat family commit suicide literally driving off the cliff?

Highly unlikely. One or both adults may have committed suicide, but it's just as possible that those crazy dykes murdered their children.  I doubt the children agreed to die. The other three children's bodies will turn up sooner or later.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 12:57:00 PM »
Highly unlikely. One or both adults may have committed suicide, but it's just as possible that those crazy dykes murdered their children.  I doubt the children agreed to die. The other three children's bodies will turn up sooner or later.

I'm holding off on the "crazy dykes" aspect, but the chances that all six children agreed to a suicide pact seem rather slim (non-zero, but slim).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 02:12:48 PM »
One committed suicide and seven counts of 1st degree murder. 
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 03:15:18 PM »
Time to organize marches against deadly SUV's
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 04:07:11 PM »
Time to organize marches against deadly SUV's
or deadly bull dykes
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 10:37:05 PM »
But why did they drive the entire length of Oregon and 1/4 the length and half the width of California before doing their deed? In that drive they passed through the Cascades and Siskyous and had ample opportunities to go off a cliff if that was their plan. For that matter, why not just drive to the WA or northern OR coast and find a convenient cliff there?

What makes you think they went through the Cascades or The Siskyous?  A much better route from Woodland to where they died is to take I-5 to Grants Pass and then take The Redwood Highway (199) to Crescent City, then head south on 101 to Leggett before heading down to the coast.

Enter Woodland, WA and Westport-Union Landing State Park (just south of where they went off of CA1) in Google maps and you'll see.

(I live in Washington and  ride motorcycles on the CA coast quite often.)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 10:39:55 PM by DUmpDiver »

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 08:30:39 AM »
1 What makes you think they went through the Cascades or The Siskyous?  A much better route from Woodland to where they died is to 2 take I-5 to Grants Pass and then take 3 The Redwood Highway (199) to Crescent City, then head south on 101 to Leggett before heading down to the coast.

4 Enter Woodland, WA and Westport-Union Landing State Park (just south of where they went off of CA1) in Google maps and you'll see.

(I live in Washington and  ride motorcycles on the CA coast quite often.)

1 I have friends who over the years lived in Medford and Sandy in Oregon, as well as a family member who lived for some years in Salem. So I've driven I-5 between Woodland, CA and the Portland area a good number of times. I'm pretty sure that in 2011 my wife and I drove US199 to Eureka, US101 south to Leggett where SR1 branches off, and then followed SR1 south to Jenner. So I'm not unfamiliar with the area of which I spoke.

2 The Cascades are the entire range of mountains extending from BC south into the northern end of California. It includes sub-ranges such as the Klamath Mountains and the Siskyou Mountains. Grant's Pass is in the Cascades. The Cascades are also a part of the Pacific Coast Range Mountains.

3 Grant's Pass is also in the Siskyou Mountains sub-range of the Cascades, and US199 runs through the Siskyous. Having drive through this area, some of it multiple times, when I posted that they, "had ample opportunities to go off a cliff," my comment was based on personal observations of the area. And had suicide by driving off a cliff been their plan by the time they reached Roseburg, continuing south from Grant's Pass through Medford and Ashland probably would have been simpler and afforded more cliff opportunities sooner than taking US199 and US101 out to the coast.

4 Other than locating a city or two for reference, I didn't need to use Google Maps. As I said, I've driven much of that area a number of times over the past 20+ years. Also, having been raised in California and gone through 4th Grade California History & Geography, I've known a bit of the geography of the area for ... a while.

That reminds me ... I think I'm going to revert to using Mapquest to cut a little bit more of Google out of my online doings.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 02:16:42 PM »
You're daft if you think Grants Pass is in the mountains. It's elevation isn't even 1,000 feet. It's on the northern rim of The Siskiyous and on a good day might rank as being in the foothills.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 02:38:20 PM »
You're daft if you think Grants Pass is in the mountains. It's elevation isn't even 1,000 feet. It's on the northern rim of The Siskiyous and on a good day might rank as being in the foothills.

It's official elevation is 960 feet. Which means that a decent sized hill in the city will be over 1000 feet. You're splitting hairs to no discernible purpose.