Author Topic: NBC Tried to Claim There Were 800,000 Gun Control Marchers in DC — Not Even Clos  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
NBC Tried to Claim There Were 800,000 Gun Control Marchers in DC — Not Even Close
https://ijr.com/2018/03/1079339-nbc-800000-march-for-our-lives/

In the aftermath of the March for Our Lives that took place in Washington, D.C., and across the country, NBC News erroneously reported on social media the number of marchers was almost 1 million. The true number, however, was significantly lower.

Initially, NBC News reported there were an estimated 800,000 people who registered to vote at the march on Saturday but then issued a “correction,” saying 800,000 is the number of people who participated, which is what the March for Our Lives organizers claimed the number to be in the nation's capital:

NBC and CBS contradict themselves. Fake news!  :mental:

The true number here.
DDIS says there were an estimated 202,796 people. The company's margin of error for its estimate is 15 percent.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ADsOutburst

You know, give or take.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

You know, give or take.

About 500,000 or so.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Not to be a pill, but any time "the opposition" has a demonstration in D.C. or anywhere, the "other side" quibbles about the number of people attending.

Fact is, the MSM lies about everything. As soon as that's understood, everything else falls in place.

Yeah, I know, somebody has to keep the MSM "honest". But that just isn't possible any more. They chase the dollar, engage in titillation, and otherwise present a story that's designed to suck you in.

Journalism is dead.

Those people, as misguided as they are, are practicing their 1st Amendment rights. I respect that, even when I completely reject their argument.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline SVPete

In this case NBC was "reporting" the Twerps' estimate, so they aren't exactly lying. The Twerps really did publicize that estimate, which was ludicrously false. IOW, NBC reported someone else's lie and was not, strictly speaking, lying. ::)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

And out of all the attendees how many really understood what they were doing there?
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
In this case NBC was "reporting" the Twerps' estimate, so they aren't exactly lying. The Twerps really did publicize that estimate, which was ludicrously false. IOW, NBC reported someone else's lie and was not, strictly speaking, lying. ::)

How obligated is NBC in rebutting an "estimate" made by snowflakes and twerps, when they can patently see that those numbers are inflated?

Is it OK for NBC in just reporting a number (which happens to be a lie) without questioning it?

Where does "reporting" stop and journalism actually begin?

Offline SVPete

How obligated is NBC in rebutting an "estimate" made by snowflakes and twerps, when they can patently see that those numbers are inflated?

Is it OK for NBC in just reporting a number (which happens to be a lie) without questioning it?

Where does "reporting" stop and journalism actually begin?

It's all about their narrative, their narrative, their NUH-NUH-NUH-NUH-NARRATIVE.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
It's all about their narrative, their narrative, their NUH-NUH-NUH-NUH-NARRATIVE.

I'll take that as agreement with my previous statement:

Journalism is dead.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
NBC/MSNBC is the Stormy Daniels of broadcast/cable news.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

I'll take that as agreement with my previous statement:

Journalism is dead.

Yeah, they've become an American Pravda, choosing and molding stories to fit the D Party Line,

NBC/MSNBC is the Stormy Daniels of broadcast/cable news.

Presstitutes pursuing a prostitute.

Offline Old n Grumpy

They report what they want you to think is the truth.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
They report what they want you to think is the truth.

Even when it ain't.

Kinda funny how the media, who are supposed to be reporting the truth, find themselves like politicians -- having to lie to support their political masters.