Author Topic: FBI’s Andrew McCabe is fired just before retiring.  (Read 1219 times)

Offline mrclose

FBI’s Andrew McCabe is fired just before retiring.
« on: March 16, 2018, 09:08:56 PM »
Breaking on the WashPo.

McCabe, who had stepped down from his post earlier this year but remained an FBI employee, had been accused by the Justice Department’s inspector general of authorizing the disclosure of sensitive information to a reporter and misleading investigators when asked about it.

McCabe had been a lightning rod in the political battles surrounding the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server and special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s probe into whether any Trump associates coordinated with Russian agents to interfere in the 2016 presidential race.

McCabe ran the FBI for three turbulent months last year, assuming the director’s job on an acting basis after James B. Comey was fired in May. McCabe was hoping to retire Sunday, when he becomes eligible for his full benefits. With his firing, he could lose a significant portion of those benefits.
This is a developing story. It will be updated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/03/16/fbis-andrew-mccabe-is-fired-just-before-retiring-former-deputy-director-became-lightning-rod-for-clinton-email-and-russia-probes/?utm_term=.e58f03d0a244
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline mrclose

Re: FBI’s Andrew McCabe is fired just before retiring.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 09:44:49 PM »
The NYT and the left are crying foul and blaming Trump but there is a Huge Problem pushing this narrative!

The Office of Professional Responsibility is the one that recommended the firing!

The "Huge Problem?"

Attorney General Eric Holder named Robin C. Ashton to run the Office of Professional Responsibility in 2011!

Not a Trump cheerleader I'm sure!

https://www.justice.gov/opr
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: FBI’s Andrew McCabe is fired just before retiring.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 11:24:55 AM »
I beg of you, don't take my pension! I am but a humble FBI employee.