Author Topic: Congratulations DUmmies, CNN, and all lib media. Meet your newest NRA member  (Read 4933 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Yes, Ralph Wiggum.

Was so enraged at your faux outrage at your overreaction and especially the CNN staged "Town Hall" this week.  Early this morning, I joined.

Some background on me, I don't own a weapon of any kind.  Have never fired a firearm in my life other than a BB gun.  Sometime in the future, I hope to do so with the proper training.

So a giant screw all of you leftists.  I firmly believe in the 2nd amendment.  Your clown shows the past week or so, ahem, backfired.

Sincerely, your newest NRA member,

Ralph
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Well done, sir. :thumbs:

:hi5:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

I'm not a gun owner either, but I wonder if I too should join just as a way to give the finger to the DUmmies and other lefty scum?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Good job!  Do it, Movie Buff!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Welcome aboard, Ralphie, your 3,000-rounds-a-minute infinite repeater full-automatic death target-homing psychotic-AI machine black rifle will be in the mail tomorrow.  Don't worry if it gets lost, we'll just mail you another one, let us know.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Gwitness

• Leave that thing alone.
Yes, Ralph Wiggum.

Was so enraged at your faux outrage at your overreaction and especially the CNN staged "Town Hall" this week.  Early this morning, I joined.

Some background on me, I don't own a weapon of any kind.  Have never fired a firearm in my life other than a BB gun.  Sometime in the future, I hope to do so with the proper training.

So a giant screw all of you leftists.  I firmly believe in the 2nd amendment.  Your clown shows the past week or so, ahem, backfired.

Ralph

Welcome aboard.....life member here

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Welcome. We ARE the NRA!!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

Did not do this for "street cred".  Many of you have kinda gotten to know me online for 13-14 years.  After 3 workdays & then 2 consecutive nights at my sideline job, finally caught up on the CNN crap.  Got my blood boiling yesterday.  It was like a weight lifted off my shoulders earlier today by supporting a worthy cause.

Never comment on 2A forum, because I know almost nothing about firearms.  Long story why, doesn't matter.  But always supported the cause, as I respect the Constitution.  Our founders were far more prescient than many give them credit for.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

I'm not a gun owner either, but I wonder if I too should join just as a way to give the finger to the DUmmies and other lefty scum?

Obviously a personal choice, but I hope this encourages more outrage at the left & NRA membership grows by millions as a backlash.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
I just got home from shooting in a small local match. This match was run under rules of what is known as ICORE which stands for International Confederation of Revolver Enthusiasts. So obviously everyone was shooting a revolver. This is so much fun. I shoot an 8 shot revolver chambered in 9mm. I have two of these guns, 1 is set up with a red dot sight the other is iron sight. I also have a classic 38 special/.357 Magnum 6 shot revolver, cut for moons. All of these are set up for competition. I shot roughly 10,000 rounds of handgun ammo in 2017. All of my competition revolvers are Smith and Wesson and have been put into competition readiness by one of the premier revolver smiths in the country.

I grew up in a competition oriented smallbore rifle family but never really shot handguns very much until about 5 years ago. This is my 3rd year with revolvers but I do shoot auto-loaders and rimfire pistols. I also handload all of my own center fire ammo. I'm a certifier NRA Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor and Metallic Reloading Instructor. This year I expect to compete in approx. 35 competitions and I have my fingers crossed, my better half is going to give it a try. She shoots but doesn't compete.

There are kids as young as 7 years old that compete with adults and I know several that are well into their 80s that also compete. We are seeing more women getting involved also. My advice for anyone who hasn't been a gun owner before is to start with a rimfire (caliber 22 long rifle) semi-auto. Take a basic pistol class, join a club and go shooting.

Good rimfire pistols that are not going to break the bank are the Ruger Mark 3 or 4 and the Smith & Wesson Victory 22. We have several of both, they are both really accurate, inexpensive and fun to shoot. The S&W is a little less expensive than the Ruger. Either one has a ton of aftermarket add-ons and modifications available to increase the total joy of shooting!

ON EDIT: Let me add that I'm obviously and NRA member but also belong to GOA (Gun Owners of America), USPSA (United States Practical Pistol Association), IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association), ICORE (Mentioned above), Pennsylvania Rifle and Pistol Association (The PA NRA affiliate) and four (count them 4) private gun clubs. My favorite competition is Steel Challenge. Steel Challenge is part of USPSA. The idea behind steel challenge is shooting at 5 steel plates with the time to do so recorded. The faster you go the lower the time, that determines where you place in the match. There are numerous divisions depending on the type of firearm you shoot. When I compete, if It's a large match I will place in the middle. I have won my division (revolver) twice within the last few months in small local matches. I consider myself average in marksmanship skills. In two months I will turn 60 years old. It is a hobby for all ages!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 10:56:00 PM by fatboy »
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline ColonelCarrots

When and if you buy a rifle. 70% grip on your firing hand, 30% on your forward grip, get a good bulldog bite or chipmunk cheek on the buttstock basically roll your cheek down the buttstock, squeeze the trigger at the bottom of your breath. If you get a CCO for your rifle, get one that can be used with both eyes open. You'll shoot way better with less eye fatigue and ear pro. always wear ear pro.

Keep your finger off the trigger, always on safe until you fire, clear your weapon on and off the range at the clearing barrels. Also, Otis is a great weapons cleaning kit. It's more expensive but worth the time and money.

If you get a jam remember SPORTS.  Slap the Magazine, Pull the charging handle, Observe the chamber, Release the charging handle, Tap the forward assist, Squeeze the trigger. Tap, Rack, and Pull.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 03:09:56 AM by ColonelCarrots »

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
I renewed my NRA membership yesterday as well as joined GOA.

Online 67 Rover

I just got home from shooting in a small local match. This match was run under rules of what is known as ICORE which stands for International Confederation of Revolver Enthusiasts. So obviously everyone was shooting a revolver. This is so much fun. I shoot an 8 shot revolver chambered in 9mm. I have two of these guns, 1 is set up with a red dot sight the other is iron sight. I also have a classic 38 special/.357 Magnum 6 shot revolver, cut for moons. All of these are set up for competition. I shot roughly 10,000 rounds of handgun ammo in 2017. All of my competition revolvers are Smith and Wesson and have been put into competition readiness by one of the premier revolver smiths in the country.

I grew up in a competition oriented smallbore rifle family but never really shot handguns very much until about 5 years ago. This is my 3rd year with revolvers but I do shoot auto-loaders and rimfire pistols. I also handload all of my own center fire ammo. I'm a certifier NRA Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor and Metallic Reloading Instructor. This year I expect to compete in approx. 35 competitions and I have my fingers crossed, my better half is going to give it a try. She shoots but doesn't compete.

There are kids as young as 7 years old that compete with adults and I know several that are well into their 80s that also compete. We are seeing more women getting involved also. My advice for anyone who hasn't been a gun owner before is to start with a rimfire (caliber 22 long rifle) semi-auto. Take a basic pistol class, join a club and go shooting.

Good rimfire pistols that are not going to break the bank are the Ruger Mark 3 or 4 and the Smith & Wesson Victory 22. We have several of both, they are both really accurate, inexpensive and fun to shoot. The S&W is a little less expensive than the Ruger. Either one has a ton of aftermarket add-ons and modifications available to increase the total joy of shooting!

ON EDIT: Let me add that I'm obviously and NRA member but also belong to GOA (Gun Owners of America), USPSA (United States Practical Pistol Association), IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association), ICORE (Mentioned above), Pennsylvania Rifle and Pistol Association (The PA NRA affiliate) and four (count them 4) private gun clubs. My favorite competition is Steel Challenge. Steel Challenge is part of USPSA. The idea behind steel challenge is shooting at 5 steel plates with the time to do so recorded. The faster you go the lower the time, that determines where you place in the match. There are numerous divisions depending on the type of firearm you shoot. When I compete, if It's a large match I will place in the middle. I have won my division (revolver) twice within the last few months in small local matches. I consider myself average in marksmanship skills. In two months I will turn 60 years old. It is a hobby for all ages!

Make sure you avoid using the 5.56 round as I have it on good authority that it will vaporize the steel target. :rofl:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Make sure you avoid using the 5.56 round as I have it on good authority that it will vaporize the steel target. :rofl:

Now we know how Bush took down the Twin Towers.

Online 67 Rover

Now we know how Bush took down the Twin Towers.

May also explain why we have not been able to find any trace of Malaysia Airline MH370!! Vaporized.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
When and if you buy a rifle. 70% grip on your firing hand, 30% on your forward grip, get a good bulldog bite or chipmunk cheek on the buttstock basically roll your cheek down the buttstock, squeeze the trigger at the bottom of your breath. If you get a CCO for your rifle, get one that can be used with both eyes open. You'll shoot way better with less eye fatigue and ear pro. always wear ear pro.

Keep your finger off the trigger, always on safe until you fire, clear your weapon on and off the range at the clearing barrels. Also, Otis is a great weapons cleaning kit. It's more expensive but worth the time and money.

If you get a jam remember SPORTS.  Slap the Magazine, Pull the charging handle, Observe the chamber, Release the charging handle, Tap the forward assist, Squeeze the trigger. Tap, Rack, and Pull.

Now that's a gun control law I can get behind.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline catsmtrods

Welcome. Renewed me and my wife for 2 years this morn. Always attend local Friends of the NRA dinners. Great merchandise! I even won a shotgun last time!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive

No Sir it's not the target that gets vaporized.

It's the target, the stand and any living thing within a 50 foot radius.

:-)
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Yes, Ralph Wiggum.

Ralph

Congrats, Ralph... in no time at all, you'll be vaporizing hogs with the best of us.

Online Mary Ann

Question: Is it possible to join without getting their magazine, mailings, etc? DH and I are considering it, even though we don't own guns of any kind, but sometimes we feel buried under the barrage of paper.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
May also explain why we have not been able to find any trace of Malaysia Airline MH370!! Vaporized.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Question: Is it possible to join without getting their magazine, mailings, etc? DH and I are considering it, even though we don't own guns of any kind, but sometimes we feel buried under the barrage of paper.

you can select none, or pick one in digital delivery format as well if you so choose.

Offline Airwolf

As soon as I can I will renew my membership.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
I need to sign up again.
Mine lapsed foùr yeat's ago.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Life member of the NRA. I upgraded my membership when Obama was elected and also bought some rifles that somehow ended up in the lake.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke