Author Topic: Run don't walk to see Chappaquiddick  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Delmar

Run don't walk to see Chappaquiddick
« on: February 19, 2018, 02:07:25 PM »
Mon Feb 19, 2018, 12:25 AM
Star Member question everything (32,178 posts)

Chappaquiddick?

Among the trailers for coming attractions when we saw The Post (excellent) there was one for Chappaquiddick. And we speculated of whether it is produced by the Koch brothers or by other RW entity. Why bring this story now, more than 45 years later?
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210255160

Why now?  Because there is no statute of limitations on Hollywood movie plots.  Hollywood makes movies about things like the American Civil War and the Roman Republic and lots of other things from what is called history.

Response to question everything (Original post)Mon Feb 19, 2018, 01:13 AM
Star Member Tatiana (13,320 posts)
5. Scared of Joe Kennedy, are they?

Already?

What sleazebags these Republicans are.

And we need to start following their money. Is is Koch $$$ or Russian?
Scared of the drooling buffoon Joe Kennedy?  Doubtful.  I saw a movie about Julius Caesar the other day--probably funded by the Carthaginians.

Response to Tatiana (Reply #5)Mon Feb 19, 2018, 09:21 AM
Moostache (4,324 posts)
32. Exactly my first thought...

This is RMNJ funded propaganda designed to lay the ground work for smearing the Kennedy name to a generation of dumbasses that have no regard for history and no perspective on anything outside of what they are told to think on the TV or Internet machines...
Ted Kennedy runs his car off a bridge and leaves a young woman to die--it really happened.  How is that propaganda or a smear?

Response to question everything (Original post)Mon Feb 19, 2018, 01:27 AM
fierywoman (1,372 posts)
8. Hello --- he's DEAD!
So is Abe Lincoln, but they still make movies about him (not that I'm comparing the two since being dead is about all they have in common).

Response to Journeyman (Reply #10)Mon Feb 19, 2018, 04:08 AM
Gabi Hayes (28,438 posts)
11. Maybe its a wacky comedy!

I thought about a road (well, maybe bridge) movie with Trump as Teddy, and Kim Jim Un as a preop TG Mary Jo.

How’s that sound?

Ted kennedy himself liked to hear Chappaquiddick jokes:

Ed Klein, a friend of Kennedy’s whose credentials included being Editor of Newsweek Magazine and the New York Times Magazine, made the stunning revelation, in an interview on National Public Radio, that Senator Kennedy loved “Chappaquiddick jokes” and eagerly solicited from his family and friends as to whether they had heard any recent such jokes.
http://chappaquiddick.org/id6.html

Response to Gabi Hayes (Reply #11)Mon Feb 19, 2018, 11:37 AM
50 Shades Of Blue (2,403 posts)
55. Wow... a woman died horribly, tragically, and it was Ted Kennedy's fault.

He went on to do better things, but he's very lucky he didn't suffer more consequences than he did and IMO deserved to. I get not wanting to bring it up now, but to treat it as a joke is shocking. To repeat - a woman lost her life, parents lost their daughter, it was a tragedy, not comedy material.
Response to 50 Shades Of Blue (Reply #55)Mon Feb 19, 2018, 11:39 AM
Gabi Hayes (28,438 posts)
56. I feel your poutrage

See my other posts about the Kennedys here

Then take a chill pill

Jesus
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline thundley4

Re: Run don't walk to see Chappaquiddick
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 04:10:38 PM »
No one had really heard about the drooling fool of a Kennedy until a few weeks ago. That movie was done before the democrat idiots even thought about bringing back Cameltoe-lot.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 04:52:29 PM »
Quote from:
question everything

Chappaquiddick?

Among the trailers for coming attractions when we saw The Post (excellent) there was one for Chappaquiddick. And we speculated of whether it is produced by the Koch brothers or by other RW entity. Why bring this story now, more than 45 years later?

These dolts don’t even listen to themselves. The idiot goes to see The Post which is about an event that happened 45 years ago, while complaining about a movie about Teddy the drunk that happened 45 years ago.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 06:41:10 PM »
Like sand through an hour glass, so are the days of their lives.

:cheersmate:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 07:32:04 PM »
From http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5270948/companycredits?ref_=tt_dt_co

Production Companies

Apex Entertainment
    Chimney (in association with)
    DMG Entertainment
    Film i Väst (in association with)

Distributors

Entertainment Studios Motion Pictures (2017) (USA) (theatrical)
    Film & TV House (2017) (Non-US) (all media) (multi-territory)
    GEM Entertainment (2017) (Non-US) (all media) (multi-territory)
    Ascot Elite Entertainment Group (2017) (Switzerland) (all media)
    Eagle Films (Non-US) (all media) (Middle east)
    Entertainment Studios (2017) (USA) (all media)
    Searchers, The (2018) (Belgium) (all media)
    Searchers, The (2018) (Netherlands) (all media)
    Solar Pictures (2017) (Philippines) (all media)

I don't recognize any of those companies, but if anyone is curious about how many are Reich Wing, there they are.

ETA: Entertainment Studios Motion Pictures is owned by black comedian Byron Allen. :rofl:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:39:48 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 05:14:18 AM »
Response to Tatiana (Reply #5)Mon Feb 19, 2018, 09:21 AM
Moostache (4,324 posts)
32. Exactly my first thought...

This is RMNJ funded propaganda designed to lay the ground work for smearing the Kennedy name to a generation of dumbasses that have no regard for history and no perspective on anything outside of what they are told to think on the TV or Internet machines...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every Kennedy alive or dead (except maybe JFK) has done this already to themselves!!!!

"Little Joe" Kennedy, to quote a Bocephus song lyric, is merely carrying on a "family tradition"...   :rotf: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.