Author Topic: It was twenty years ago today. A bouncy  (Read 1912 times)

Offline zeitgeist

It was twenty years ago today. A bouncy
« on: February 14, 2018, 05:49:38 PM »
It was twenty years ago today.

Wait, wasn't that a Beatles song ?? 

:bouncy:

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210227578

Star Member MrScorpio (68,615 posts)

Twenty years ago, when I picked up an assignment to an Intel Squadron after Europe...
I had to qualify for a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information upgrade to my security clearance. So I got all the instructions, carefully filled out my SF-86 completely and truthfully, signed and submitted it and after a few months, I received my clearance upgrade.

It wasn't that hard for me. It's not that hard at all for anyone who tells the truth and does it correctly.

So, when I see that so many of the people who require security clearances in the Trump White House haven't yet received them after about a year and a half from the time they were informed that they would need them, it only goes to show that there's definitely something real shady about these mother****ers.

REALLY shady, REALLY Super shady.

Hell... I doubt that even Trump couldn't score a security clearance if he was already President.

This shit is not normal. Nothing about these assholes in the Executive Branch is normal at all. There's still more stuff to reveal about what these mother****ers have been up to that has caused their clearances to be held up. There's nothing preventing that from happening, other than the prevention of full disclosure. Which means that both the press and the Congress needs to get to the bottom of this bullshit.

This is some really important shit. It also gets to the heart of what this administration has been up to. So when the last chapter of the book on these people has been finally penned, harken back to the fact that their clearances were not granted in a timely manner.

As a matter of fact, anyone who doesn't yet HAVE a clearance to do their gawd-damned jobs should be considered as another "scandal" waiting to happen. It's simple; no clearance means that they're shady and ****. The White House leadership is well aware of their shadiness, and instead of letting them go, they're trying to slide these shady as **** mother****ers under the door.

That should not be allowed.

Watch this space for further updates.

underpants (132,802 posts)

2. It's a Trump thing, you wouldn't understand

When you run a organization based on laundering money through a reality TV Star who puts his name up in lights and has his lawyer pay off his um mistress out of his own pocket (below) ....well it gets complicated.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/13/us/politics/stormy-daniels-michael-cohen-trump.html
Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love! Click here to purchase valentine hearts!
Uh huh, sure

Response to MrScorpio (Original post)Wed Feb 14, 2018, 07:07 AM
Star Member DFW (27,051 posts)

3. Not only did my brother have to go through the wringer for his security clearance

His wife, who is from Japan, had to give up her Japanese citizenship and become an American citizen. She was furious at the rule, but she did it, since my brother's job would not have survived a refusal on her part. It was ridiculous, since if she was a secret agent of Japan, she was every bit as capable of carrying out her assigned tasks as a US citizen as she would have been as a citizen of Japan.

As it is, once in Washington, she rose to vice-director for Asia at the World Bank, a position rather higher than her future as a bank teller (about as high-ranking a bank position as a woman could expect to reach in Japan in 1980). But her position didn't depend on her citizenship, but rather on the fact that she could commute from Langley into downtown Washington every day.
Uh huh.  Sure

MineralMan (104,101 posts)

15. Yes! I, too, filled out that form, way back in 1966.

I filled it out completely and accurately, and got my clearance in due time. The FBI actually interviewed the people whose names I supplied as references, along with neighbors and others. I had disclosed that I had received mail from Soviet bloc countries, and explained why I had received that mail. I was interviewed about that in detail, and my explanation of being an avid short-wave radio listener who had sent reception reports to various radio stations was apparently OK.

During my time in the USAF Security Service, my clearance was upgraded several times, eventually reaching the highest possible levels of compartmented access. That occurred when I was assigned to duties inside the NSA building at Ft. George Meade in Maryland.

The point is that the process, at least then, was very thorough and very efficient. All information I included on that form was thoroughly checked. Since there was nothing negative, I was cleared. But, until the clearance was granted, I did not have access to any classified information, and each time there was an upgrade in my clearance level, I did not have access to materials that required that level of clearance until that level was confirmed.

The laxity of security in the White House is shocking. Either things have changed or rules are being ignored.

The Rock Head will not be out done!!

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline DUmpsterDiver

Re: It was twenty years ago today. A bouncy
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 06:05:22 PM »
Rule number 1:  You never discuss clearance past, present or future on an open channel.  These plebeian morassian sphincter bravadian  loathians should just STFU.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 06:47:50 PM »
It was 20 years ago today

Sergeant Pepper taught the band to play ...

I'll bet they like pie, too.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 07:12:46 PM »
Rule number 1:  You never discuss clearance past, present or future on an open channel.  These plebeian morassian sphincter bravadian  loathians should just STFU.

I don't remember filling out any form for a security clearance when I joined the Navy nuke program. Some of my high school teachers were interviewed, but none of my friends or family were.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 11:44:42 PM »

Twenty years ago, when I picked up an assignment to an Intel Squadron after Europe...

And now you are just a hate filled liberal spewing bull shit on an internet hate site. You have come a long way .
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 10:09:27 AM »
Trump is having his people go through the motions for appearances.  He could, 100% legally, sign a memo identifying them and granting them immediate access to whatever level he deems fit.  The FBI works for him, you morons, not the other way around.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 10:12:59 AM »

I had to qualify for a... blah blah blah lie lie lie

On the internet no one knows you are a dog.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 11:34:35 AM »
On the internet no one knows you are a dog.

Or as a departing Lib once sneered on CapitolHillBlue ReaderRant (well before it went Lunatic-Liberal), "On the Internet you can be anything you say you are." Which is probably why DU has had more than its share of Valor Stealers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.