Author Topic: 1 Dead, Multiple Injured in Shooting at Douglas High School  (Read 16282 times)

Offline mrclose

1 Dead, Multiple Injured in Shooting at Douglas High School
« on: February 14, 2018, 03:22:35 PM »

Where I was born and raised! :thatsright:

“Nick Cruz in custody” Police scanner.

1 Dead, Multiple Injured in Shooting at Douglas High School

A person was seen being taken into custody after a shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, Wednesday. One person is officially confirmed dead and multiple people have been injured, according authorities. The extent of the injuries are unknown.

The person taken into custody near the school matches the description of the suspect who was described as a white male last seen leaving campus in a burgundy shirt.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Police-Respond-Marjory-Stoneman-Douglas-High-School-Parkland-474078423.html
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline mrclose

Re: 1 Dead, Multiple Injured in Shooting at Douglas High School
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 03:40:54 PM »
School superintendent just said multiple fatalities.

~ Anonymous

Offline mrclose

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 04:09:21 PM »
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 04:21:12 PM by mrclose »

~ Anonymous

Offline mrclose

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 04:38:59 PM »
Inside school shooting video
(If you want to, turn on the sound at video)

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/963888920764313602

~ Anonymous

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 05:08:12 PM »
I wonder if he is a "dreamer"?

This is an upscale community not to far from where I live. I guess it shows no where is safe.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 05:15:39 PM »
Bret Baier is saying 16 dead now.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 05:20:24 PM »
Word is as of now SIXTEEN dead!

A LOT more photos and killers remarks at this site.

The school video won't play at the site but I posted the link to a playable video earlier.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/02/breaking-instagram-account-fl-shooter-nicholas-cruz/

~ Anonymous

Offline mrclose

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 05:44:49 PM »
DEMOCRAT!

Cruz, Nicolas was born 26 May 1998, is male, registered as Florida Democratic Party, residing at 803 W Oakland Park Blvd, Apt A 12, Oakland Park, Florida 33311.

Florida voter ID number 124308057. His telephone number is 1-754-368-1309. This is the most recent information, from the Florida voter list as of 31 December 2017.

Previous information:
30 November 2016 voter list: Nicolas De Jesus Cruz, 803 W Oakland Park Blvd, APT A 12, Oakland Park, FL 33311 Florida Democratic Party.

31 October 2016 voter list: Nicolas De Jesus Cruz, 803 W Oakland Park BLVD, APT 2 A, Oakland Park, FL 33311 Florida Democratic Party. 3348841

http://www.bcpa.net/RecInfo.asp?URL_Folio=494222AA0120

~ Anonymous

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 03:35:41 PM »
DEMOCRAT!
Cruz, Nicolas was born 26 May 1998, is male, registered as Florida Democratic Party, residing at 803 W Oakland Park Blvd, Apt A 12, Oakland Park, Florida 33311.

Florida voter ID number 124308057. His telephone number is 1-754-368-1309. This is the most recent information, from the Florida voter list as of 31 December 2017.

Previous information:
30 November 2016 voter list: Nicolas De Jesus Cruz, 803 W Oakland Park Blvd, APT A 12, Oakland Park, FL 33311 Florida Democratic Party.

31 October 2016 voter list: Nicolas De Jesus Cruz, 803 W Oakland Park BLVD, APT 2 A, Oakland Park, FL 33311 Florida Democratic Party. 3348841

unpossible.  He is a white supremacist.  I thought only republicans could be white supremacists...

The Anti-Defamation League, a civil rights watchdog, told ABC News they have information they believe to be credible linking Nikolas Cruz, the Florida school shooting suspect, to a white supremacist group called Republic of Florida.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-school-shooting-suspect/story?id=53092753
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 04:53:16 PM »

unpossible.  He is a white supremacist.  I thought only republicans could be white supremacists...
 http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-school-shooting-suspect/story?id=53092753

The connection to the white nationalist group was a flat out lie.  He's one of the lefts.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 09:38:35 PM »
The connection to the white nationalist group was a flat out lie.  He's one of the lefts.

yes, well, lie or not- that's the only headline you'll see about this ****stick now.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 11:30:16 AM »
Could someone explain to me how Cruz got 39 home visits by LEOs in 8 years or less and stayed out of jail? 5 times a year!

By way of contrast, in over 25 years my kids, wife, and I have received two LEO home visits, once when my son reported that the house next to us had been broken into, and once when SJPD thought my daughter's car had been stolen, crashed, and abandoned (her car was parked in front of a house where she was house-sitting).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 03:24:03 PM »
After all the havoc he caused it is a shame he is still alive. A lot of time and money will be spent defending him and keeping him from being executed. :rant:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 05:53:08 PM »
His public defender has said that her defendant will plead guilty to 17 counts of first-degree murder, in exchange for life without parole.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 06:01:32 PM »
His public defender has said that her defendant will plead guilty to 17 counts of first-degree murder, in exchange for life without parole.
Why would a 19 year old want LWOP?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 07:52:37 PM »

**** that. The bastard did the crimes. He's gotta get the needle. Ripping pissed because the ****stick wasn't put down like the rabid animal he is. Would have saved the taxpayers a shitload of money.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2018, 11:17:21 PM »
Kelly Guthrie Raley
Yesterday at 5:25am · Eustis, FL ·

Okay, I’ll be the bad guy and say what no one else is brave enough to say, but wants to say. I’ll take all the criticism and attacks from everyone because you know what? I’m a TEACHER. I live this life daily. And I wouldn’t do anything else! But I also know daily I could end up in an active shooter situation.

Until we, as a country, are willing to get serious and talk about mental health issues, lack of available care for the mental health issues, lack of discipline in the home, horrendous lack of parental support when the schools are trying to control horrible behavior at school (oh no! Not MY KID. What did YOU do to cause my kid to react that way?), lack of moral values, and yes, I’ll say it-violent video games that take away all sensitivity to ANY compassion for others’ lives, as well as reality TV that makes it commonplace for people to constantly scream up in each others’ faces and not value any other person but themselves, we will have a gun problem in school. Our kids don’t understand the permanency of death anymore!!!

I grew up with guns. Everyone knows that. But you know what? My parents NEVER supported any bad behavior from me. I was terrified of doing something bad at school, as I would have not had a life until I corrected the problem and straightened my ass out. My parents invaded my life. They knew where I was ALL the time. They made me have a curfew. They made me wake them up when I got home. They made me respect their rules. They had full control of their house, and at any time could and would go through every inch of my bedroom, backpack, pockets, anything! Parents: it’s time to STEP UP! Be the parent that actually gives a crap! Be the annoying mom that pries and knows what your kid is doing. STOP being their friend. They have enough “friends” at school. Be their parent. Being the “cool mom” means not a damn thing when either your kid is dead or your kid kills other people because they were allowed to have their space and privacy in YOUR HOME. I’ll say it again. My home was filled with guns growing up. For God’s sake, my daddy was an 82nd Airborne Ranger who lost half his face serving our country. But you know what? I never dreamed of shooting anyone with his guns. I never dreamed of taking one! I was taught respect for human life, compassion, rules, common decency, and most of all, I was taught that until I moved out, my life and bedroom wasn’t mine...it was theirs. And they were going to know what was happening because they loved me and wanted the best for me.

There. Say that I’m a horrible person. I didn’t bring up gun control, and I will refuse to debate it with anyone. This post wasn’t about gun control. This was me, loving the crap out of people and wanting the best for them. This was about my school babies and knowing that God created each one for greatness, and just wanting them to reach their futures. It’s about 20 years ago this year I started my teaching career. Violence was not this bad 20 years ago. Lack of compassion wasn’t this bad 20 years ago. And God knows 20 years ago that I wasn’t afraid daily to call a parent because I KNEW that 9 out of 10 would cuss me out, tell me to go to Hell, call the news on me, call the school board on me, or post all over FaceBook about me because I called to let them know what their child chose to do at school...because they are a NORMAL kid!!!!!

Those 17 lives mattered. When are we going to take our own responsibility seriously?

https://www.facebook.com/kellygraley/posts/10156224702772958

It is not about guns. It is about youth who do not have respect. Too many parents are being friends with their children. Childrens are being coddled too much.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 11:22:38 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2018, 11:24:22 PM »
FBI admits it didn’t investigate tip on alleged school shooter last month
https://nypost.com/2018/02/16/fbi-failed-to-investigate-tip-on-school-shooter-last-month/

The FBI was warned last month that Nikolas Cruz was an armed psycho who might shoot up a school — but it didn’t bother investigating, the agency admitted Friday.

“A person close to” Cruz called the agency’s tipline on Jan. 5 and reported the 19-year-old had a “desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts” and there was “potential of him conducting a school shooting,” the FBI said in a statement.

But the agency said it failed to pass on any of that information to its Miami field office, even thought its own protocols say he “should have been assessed as a potential threat to life.”

The FBI really dropped the ball on this.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2018, 11:29:22 PM »
Shooting victim’s dad lashes out at funeral: ‘You killed my kid!’
https://nypost.com/2018/02/16/distraught-dad-lashes-out-at-funeral-you-killed-my-kid/

“You killed my kid!” the father of Florida school shooting victim Meadow Jade Pollack, 18, railed during her funeral Friday.

“This is just unimaginable to think I will never see my princess again,” the grief-stricken dad, Andrew, told some 1,000 mourners gathered at Congregation K’ol Tikvah in Parkland.

The sound of sobbing echoed inside the temple’s vast sanctuary, a 10-minute drive east of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where his daughter was one of 17 fatalities Wednesday.

I cannot imagine tbe grief that the parents are going through.  :( :(

That killer deserves to be executed in the most gruesome way. :mad:  :argh:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline thundley4

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2018, 03:53:33 AM »
FBI admits it didn’t investigate tip on alleged school shooter last month
https://nypost.com/2018/02/16/fbi-failed-to-investigate-tip-on-school-shooter-last-month/

The FBI really dropped the ball on this.

The FBI has dropped the ball on several of these attacks. Boston Marathon, San Bernardino. the Florida nightclub, Vegas, they had some knowledge or tips about all of these.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2018, 12:46:37 PM »
The FBI has dropped the ball on several of these attacks. Boston Marathon, San Bernardino. the Florida nightclub, Vegas, they had some knowledge or tips about all of these.

Even going back to 9/11.

The FBI has become a political police force.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2018, 02:05:19 PM »
How white nationalists fooled the media about Florida shooter
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/16/florida-shooting-white-nationalists-415672

Following misrepresentations by a white nationalist leader and coordinated efforts by internet trolls, numerous researchers and media outlets spread a seemingly false claim that the man charged with killing more than a dozen people at a Florida high school belonged to an extremist group.

Law enforcement agencies say they have no evidence so far to support this claim, and the rumor appears to have been perpetrated by white nationalist trolls themselves.

On Thursday afternoon, the Anti-Defamation League reported that a white supremacist group claimed ties with Nikolas Cruz, who confessed to the shooting spree that killed at least 17 people, including many high-school students, at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.

I did not think the killer was part of any white supremacist group.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2018, 11:49:26 AM »
Nikolas Cruz showed no warning signs before Florida school shooting, say couple who took him in
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/18/nikolas-cruz-showed-no-warning-signs-before-florida-school-shooting-say-couple-who-took-him-in.html

The couple who took in school massacre suspect Nikolas Cruz months before last week’s Florida shooting said they had a “monster living under our roof" but saw no warning signs the night before the bloodbath — despite the 19-year-old’s history of trouble in school, reports said.

In an interview with the Sun-Sentinel on Saturday, James and Kimberly Snead said they never saw the violent side of Cruz, but recognized that the 19-year-old was depressed about his mother, who died in November. The couple had opened their home to Cruz, who was staying with a family friend, at their son’s request.

I am pretty sure James and Kimberly Snead saw something very off about Nikolas Cruz.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2018, 09:53:07 AM »
Nikolas Cruz showed no warning signs before Florida school shooting, say couple who took him in
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/18/nikolas-cruz-showed-no-warning-signs-before-florida-school-shooting-say-couple-who-took-him-in.html

I am pretty sure James and Kimberly Snead saw something very off about Nikolas Cruz.

Keep in mind that they only took him in in November or December. So even if true their statement doesn't mean much wrt Cruz.

Cruz was known to be violent and to threaten violence since middle school. That would be somewhere around 6th Grade! For half of Cruz's school "career" teachers and educrats KNEW what Cruz was (short of being certain he would commit mass-murderer). But the $7K-$10K per year of ADA money he represented was too precious to the educrats!

The thing that has me very POed about this shooting is that there were so damned many points at which it might have been prevented:

* As detailed above, school educrats knew Cruz was violent, but kept him schools' general population (intentional use of prison terminology);

* Police visited his home 39 times in 7 or 8 years, but nothing was ever done - about his violence or, if there was any, about abuse by his adoptive Mother;

* School educrats knew Cruz was violent, but allowed him on the high school JROTC marksmanship team;

* FL DSS/CPS (whatever the FL bureaucrats call themselves) evaluated Cruz 2 years ago and deemed him a "minimal threat";

* In September, 2017 Cruz was reported to the FBI for explicit and very specific threats on social media, but nothing was done;

* In January, 2018 Cruz was reported as a threat to the FBI, in great and accurate detail, but nothing was done; the FBI office in Miami wasn't even notified!

Cruz had hundreds of contacts with authorities, yet not one seemed to realize that he should not be in schools' general population or in a position that would feed and train him in his tendency toward violence. The FBI did nothing, twice! And the person who received the January call probably didn't even do the minimal history checking to realize this was the second time Cruz had been reported!

The mail boxes of the 17 families who lost children to Cruz and of the hospitalized survivors should be overflowing with abject apologies from educrats, DSS/CPS bureaucrats, and law enforcement people who failed their dead and wounded children! And the asshole politicians and activists using their children's bloodied bodies as a podium for their cause should be muzzled and shamed,
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2018, 07:56:27 PM »
Come on SVPete, you know the fault lies ONLY with the NRA and the politicians who receive money from the NRA. No one else is to blame.

Ugh...the MSM trotting the kids out is making me sick. The media (with help from the Dems) put these kids in front of the camera because they believe that decent humans (eg those who are members of the NRA) will not DARE to attack them. If we attack their ideas, we are attacking them. It's disgusting, and it pisses me off. And my liberal friends on Twitter are loving it. They are saying that these kids are the future and they will make the changes that are needed. They are like proud parents. In the same breath, they say they don't want anyone younger than 21 to be able to buy a gun. Which is it?
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell