Author Topic: On behalf of everybody who never got asked to dance in high school  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

Star Member renate (10,287 posts)

on behalf of everybody who never got asked to dance in high school... the hearts mean a lot to us

I don't want to sound like a character in a Lifetime movie, but even though I'm more confident and less bashful than I was in high school, I still never really expect things like a valentine heart. It truly means a lot, to everybody of course but especially those of us who still kind of think of ourselves as wallflowers. Thanks so much!
it's a huge thread full of pathetic people who's only friends are at DU (friends only so long as they obey group-think that is).

Offline thundley4

Re: On behalf of everybody who never got asked to dance in high school
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 03:40:57 PM »
Good moling practice to claim to have been bullied and a loser in school.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 03:58:13 PM »
Well, I always found for the women that shaving your beard and possibly your armpits in the weeks leading up to a dance helps. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 04:26:18 PM »
No means yes. Great lesson to teach little girls that they can't tell boys no.

Mom upset after school tells 6th graders they can’t say no when asked to dance

WEST HAVEN, Utah - When Natalie Richard’s sixth-grade daughter told her she couldn’t say “no” if a boy asked her to dance at Kanesville Elementary’s Valentine’s Day dance, she didn’t believe it at first.

“Oh no, no honey," Richard said of her reply. "You guys are misunderstanding again. That’s not how it is."

However, after speaking to her daughter’s teacher, she realized the statement was accurate.

“The teacher said she can’t. She has to say yes. She has to accept and I said, 'Excuse me,” Richard told KSTU.
  http://fox59.com/2018/02/09/mom-upset-after-school-tells-6th-graders-they-cant-say-no-when-asked-to-dance/

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 04:27:07 PM »
Link?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 06:10:45 PM »
Link?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=thread&address=100210214406

:o As best I can tell, many or most DUers are over 50. :o  ::) They still haven't gotten over the trivial trauma of never having been asked to a high school dance? ::)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 07:08:56 PM »
Star Member renate (10,287 posts)

on behalf of everybody who never got asked to dance in high school... the hearts mean a lot to us

I don't want to sound like a character in a Lifetime movie, but even though I'm more confident and less bashful than I was in high school, I still never really expect things like a valentine heart. It truly means a lot, to everybody of course but especially those of us who still kind of think of ourselves as wallflowers. Thanks so much!

I assume hearts need paid for... so to me this is nothing more than begging. 
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 07:21:24 PM »
I don't recall whom it was, maybe californiapeggy from the DUmp that has a tasty spot for the aching seeds that young males may posses. 

Seems like a private dance outside the crowd would release the seeds they so desire? No?

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 07:47:55 PM »
Good moling practice to claim to have been bullied and a loser in school.

I graduated from HS a year early so I only went for 2 years.  I put in my time and didn't do things like dances and the like. I was happy to be done - HS was neither great nor bad for me.

I have never understood HS reunions much less why people hang on to HS (maybe people don't and it a TV meme like every adult having mom (daughters) or dad (sons) issues.  I barely remember anything.

However I never saw, much less experienced, the stereotyped bullying of nerds by jocks portrayed by Big Bang Theory and also every TV show that touches on the subject.  As in I think it is an urban myth.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 07:53:49 PM by freedumb2003b »
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 07:20:16 AM »
I don't recall whom it was, maybe californiapeggy from the DUmp that has a tasty spot for the aching seeds that young males may posses.

Damnit!
Now you owe me a perfectly good breakfast and a keyboard cleaning!  :puke: :mad:
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 07:53:04 AM »
When you are fat, ugly and smell bad it is your own fault you are not popular.

Maybe the hearts are to raise money for hilliary's next campaign or for some cheap wine to keep her quiet. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 08:16:39 AM »
Went stag for my prom. Zero self confidence, all that. For whatever reason, walked up to the hottest girl in my class (blonde, figure skater,etc...) asked her for the last dance and got it. Turns out she came to the prom lesbo so I could've entered the room with 2 chicks if I'd had the confidence
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 09:01:53 AM »
I guess I don't get it.
Had no real interest in going to dances at that age, we had plenty of other unsupervised things we would much rather be doing at the time.
I did get asked to a prom twice and went both times, but going to the actual dance was a 15 minute ordeal... see a few faces, get your picture taken, say kiss my arse, then leave. There were far too many other interesting events to attend than hanging around that place if you didn't have to.
I had an interesting group in my school. I was friends with the rich kids and the greasy party animals at the same time... and I was neither. Somehow I managed to fit in on both sides and no one ever tried to categorize me. We just had a lot of good people in my school, so I don't have the carry-over hatred that I see a lot of people display.
I do find it entertaining that the DUmpasses put some sort of value on being asked to a HS dance though. I hope it tortures them for all of their days

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2018, 09:37:24 AM »

I remember the Proms that I attended fondly.

I have to acknowledge though that it was a very different time as men were men and women were kind of like what men are now.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2018, 10:42:57 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=thread&address=100210214406

:o As best I can tell, many or most DUers are over 50. :o  ::) They still haven't gotten over the trivial trauma of never having been asked to a high school dance? ::)

Thanks!

As expected, most DUmmies have been miserable losers their whole lives.

Ralphie could have been that way.  I leaned Democrat in high school, and did quite well academically.  However, I was also talented at several sports.  Grew approximately 9 inches between 8th & 9th grades.  Ditched my glasses for contact lenses.

While never super popular, became well known in high school for baseball, basketball & golf.  And later, an editor of the high school paper.  Choose a great University, and my personality emerged.  Became a conservative through business school.

I'm not stuck in perpetual misery & looking back and dwelling on it. 
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender