Author Topic: DUmmie Wonders about Supressing Free Speech  (Read 2718 times)

Offline BamaMoose

DUmmie Wonders about Supressing Free Speech
« on: February 07, 2018, 12:53:55 AM »
Hamlette (13,102 posts)

We must find a way to rid our society of Fox news. What to do?

The most frightening thing I heard last week was that Nixon would never have been forced from office if Fox had been around to give him cover and protect him.

Could we boycott? What else can we do? It eats people's brains.

OK, Dummy, I'll give you an answer.  FoxNews is biased in one direction about as much as CNN and MSNBC are biased in the other direction. I don't watch any of them, but I respect the Constitutional right to free speech, so I hope that none of them are ever shut down by governmental overreach.  Now, according to the DUmpMonkeys, I'm a Nazi fascist, so let's see what liberals think about the First Amendment.

calimary (46,582 posts)

1. I ask myself that every day.

Maybe the Fairness Doctrine should be reinstated?

How about bringing back the limitations on media ownership?

Their key demographic is elderly and white and slowly but surely dying off. They’ll hide behind the First Amendment and survive. Unfortunately. 

Right out of the chute.  First Amendment is bad and speech must be regulated.  I wonder if they understand how ineffective the Fairness Doctrine was and why it was ruled unconstitutional. 

LuckyCharms (2,214 posts)

43. No. What should be applied to websites is a law making

mass political propaganda illegal.

Wait just a minute, aren't you on a website dedicated to political propaganda?

Star Member Hortensis (20,234 posts)

81. Here you go. But I'd apply that to all means of communicating

mass lies and deceptions to audiences of certain sizes or other pertinent criteria (such as a percentage of residents of a single county or interest group). Normal free speech, including political and activist, would be protected scrupulously, as would speaking truth. Secessionists could still discuss their plans for armed rebellion on CSPAN (as long as it didn't proceed to the illegal active planning stage, as now). But an individual person's pernicious lies could be cut off if influence was large enough to be deemed inimical political discourse.

Special courts kept busy of course.

You're on a site that is devoted to pernicious lies. Many of your members encourage lying if there is a chance it will damage a Republican's reputation.

syringis (2,062 posts)

2. Hello Hamlette

There is only one way :

Give access to a good quality education to all kids. And learn them critic sense.
 It means more taxes, more involvment of Federal institution but a great result at the end.

Insinuate that people are too stupid to know better, while typing out "learn them critic sense" and misspelling "involvement".  Yeah, I want you shaping educational policy.

JohnnyRingo (11,823 posts)

7. It's not Fox News that's a problem

The problem is there's a market for that misinformation. It's the people who need their news tailored to their beliefs that are a problem, and they aren't going away soon.

This is pretty funny considering they believe any news article, Facebook post, tweet or bouncy that supports their hatred of Republicans.

SonofDonald (955 posts)

68. When I worked at joint base Lewis McChord

In the period after 2001 all the tv's in all the buildings that had them were on Faux Noise 24/7/365.

Even my local Dodge dealership has theirs tuned to it in the waiting room.

Every time I go to a place that has them on a screen, if able I find the remote and put a lock out on the station with my own code.

I've done it a few times now.

Priceless.

Is this Doug's mole?

ileus (15,368 posts)

35. Once we're firmly back in power we make opposition media illegal.

It's really that simple. Once we're back in total control (2020) we should power of the people behind us to completely crush the GOP and their media. We can pass laws basically outlawing conservative viewpoints as hate speech. Once that's accomplished we can move on to beating down religion as hate speech.

In the next 10 years the day of old white people will finally come to an end and we'll have total control of our country for the first time ever...By 2025 or so they'll be too weak to resist. 

Finally, one of them spells out what they all are dancing around.

Lot's more totalitarian stupidity at the thread if you're interested in rowing over.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210194550

Offline SVPete

Re: DUmmie Wonders about Supressing Free Speech
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 06:47:22 AM »
Hamlette (13,102 posts)

:rotf: Geez! Why didn't the Democrat Party think of doing this 2 decades ago?! :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 06:57:32 AM »
ileus (15,368 posts)

35. Once we're firmly back in power we make opposition media illegal.

It's really that simple. Once we're back in total control (2020) we should power of the people behind us to completely crush the GOP and their media. We can pass laws basically outlawing conservative viewpoints as hate speech. Once that's accomplished we can move on to beating down religion as hate speech.

In the next 10 years the day of old white people will finally come to an end and we'll have total control of our country for the first time ever...By 2025 or so they'll be too weak to resist.

Because all of that worked so well for Stalin, Mao and the rest of the dictators in the 20th Century.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 06:58:56 AM »
ileus (15,368 posts)
35. Once we're firmly back in power we make opposition media the Juden illegal.
It's really that simple. Once we're back in total control (2020) we should power of the people behind us to completely crush the GOPthe Juden and their media. We can pass laws basically outlawing conservative Juden  viewpoints as hate speech. Once that's accomplished we can move on to beating down religion as hate speech gypsys, gays, and Slavs.
In the next 10 years the day of old white people the untermenschen will finally come to an end and we'll have total control of our country for the first time ever...By 2025 or so they'll be too weak to resist going into the ovens.

Everything that's old is new again.
Somewhere on some roasting spit in hell, zombie Hitler is smiling at you, DUmmy.

Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 07:44:35 AM »
janterry (1,388 posts)

80. Lawsuits

When they get it wrong, it's up to the left to hold them accountable.

It might be hard to sue a network, but it's not impossible. Moreover, if they get tangled up in enough lawsuits, even ones that don't go far - it will remind them to try just a bit harder. And if one or two well-placed suits hit them for substantial losses --- well, that will get their attention.

To:
spin (17,155 posts)

93. Hopefully that is not a serious comment.

I understand why many people dislike and even hate Fox News but to recommend setting the building on fire and shooting Fox News employees as they run out is to say the least a bit extreme.

Some person with serious mental issues might actually try to do something like that.

At the very minimum I would suggest you add a  thingy to your post.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 10:40:57 AM »
 :lmao:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2013/03/18/pew-study-finds-msnbc-the-most-opinionated-cable-news-channel-by-far/#521141e95f8c

If you're like most cable news viewers, you probably think the channel you favor has a monopoly on the facts and the other ones are nothing more than a bunch of ranting. In fact, which cable network is the most opinionated is not a matter of opinion. It's MSNBC.

A full 85% of the Comcast-owned network's coverage can be classified as opinion or commentary rather than straight news, according to the authors of the Pew Research Center's annual State of the News Media report.

CNN and Fox News Channel, meanwhile, fall much closer to a 50/50 distribution, with Fox News skewing somewhat more heavily toward opinion.

<snip>

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 12:15:09 PM »
I'll let you make a law on free speech, if I get to define what free speech is. 

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 12:49:12 PM »
What ever happened to just putting your hands over your ears and shouting Lalalalala as loud as you can.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 02:25:05 PM »
The most frightening thing I heard last week was that Nixon would never have been forced from office if Fox had been around to give him cover and protect him.

Just who did you hear this from?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 03:14:12 PM »
Just who did you hear this from?

The voices living in his head.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 04:03:19 PM »
So what will all you losers do when the dump is shut down as a hate speech site and they start to round all of you up fro reeducation  :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 05:05:40 PM »
Being more specific:

The voices living on the left in his head.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 07:10:17 PM »
>Hamlette - We must find a way to rid our society of Fox news. What to do?

Put some egg and bacon on it and relax.  The battle inside of your head is a battle you will never win.
Brake for Bacon, eat it and then punch it to the next stop.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2018, 03:48:53 AM »
I can't tell if Ileus is merely a mole, or a sincerely twisted and delusional wanna-be tyrant.
He/ she openly discusses taking away Freedom of Speech for anyone who disagrees with the ultra- far- left, and then "Beating down religion" by labeling it all as "Hate speech."
Does he/ she seriously not realize that everything he/ she just proposed would be in complete violation of the U.S. Constitution, not to mention directly opposed to everything the Founding Fathers intended when they started this country? Does he/ she not realize that everything he/ she just proposed were things done before, and by people who would go on to be rightfully labeled as some of the worst dictators in human history for it?

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 07:23:12 AM »
I can't tell if Ileus is merely a mole, or a sincerely twisted and delusional wanna-be tyrant.
He/ she openly discusses taking away Freedom of Speech for anyone who disagrees with the ultra- far- left, and then "Beating down religion" by labeling it all as "Hate speech."
Does he/ she seriously not realize that everything he/ she just proposed would be in complete violation of the U.S. Constitution, not to mention directly opposed to everything the Founding Fathers intended when they started this country? Does he/ she not realize that everything he/ she just proposed were things done before, and by people who would go on to be rightfully labeled as some of the worst dictators in human history for it?

In answer to all your questions, yes, they do know those things.  They don't care.  They want power and believe that their anointed leaders would be the first ever in history to not abuse it.

What troubles me is the way the original post is worded.  Very similar to "Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest?".  And we know how that turned out.  Would hate for one of the many hate-filled whackjobs to read that and get activated that killing people might be the right idea.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 06:05:29 PM »
Tue Feb 6, 2018, 01:37 AM
Star Member Hamlette (13,104 posts)

Could we boycott? What else can we do? It eats people's brains.

Suck on this, shitgibbons:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/02/13/well-shoot-weve-got-some-bad-news-about-joy-reid/

MSLSD cancels the stupid Joy Reid show.

:nelson:
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 06:39:22 PM »
calimary (46,582 posts)

1. I ask myself that every day.

Maybe the Fairness Doctrine should be reinstated?

How about bringing back the limitations on media ownership?

Their key demographic is elderly and white and slowly but surely dying off. They’ll hide behind the First Amendment and survive. Unfortunately.

And there is the reason the libbies and dummies want unfettered illegal immigration.  They don't give one damn about those poor souls... they just want their vote every election.  Why President Trump does not shout/tweet that particular fact every day is beyond me.   
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 06:51:52 PM »
Suck on this, shitgibbons:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/02/13/well-shoot-weve-got-some-bad-news-about-joy-reid/

MSLSD cancels the stupid Joy Reid show.

:nelson:

First it was Kathy the Griffin, and now Joy Reid. Trump is causing all kinds of unemployment in the MSM!