Author Topic: Dont all white Americans benefit to one degree or another from white privilege?  (Read 1423 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member Eliot Rosewater (10,989 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/118763746

Dont all white Americans benefit to one degree or another from white privilege?
Last edited Sun Jan 21, 2018, 07:13 PM - Edit history (1)

If so, and if that privilege, no matter how big or small, is a by product of institutional racism...then...

Isnt racism a problem ALL white Americans must address?

:thatsright:

Star Member FarPoint (6,762 posts)

1. I never focused on that... beyond my control.

I do and always defended, supported equal rights for all....

That's right. ALL white people are racist... even if they are not.

Star Member handmade34 (14,737 posts)

8. yes and yes....

race is a social and political construct and it's time to confront that

Confronting it is like trying to ask fish to confront water. Or an entrepreneur to confront the damage and inequality that is a necessary consequence of unfettered capitalism. Too often, the response is a personal one. We rationalise a defense on the basis of personal experience. Say something like “I worked really hard to be where I am.”
https://goodmenproject.com/guy-talk/how-travel-made-me-confront-white-privilege/

:o

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline KnowThyself

• Probationary (Probie)
What does White Privilege exactly mean to you? I'm guessing you're a tree hugging hippie liberal, that believe in global warming, and abortion? Maybe you can go murder some more innocent children?

Not all White people are Racist what-So Ever, just like not all Black people are Racist!!!!!!!!!! you stupid idiot! If you vote for the Democrats! the ones that are politically correct, then if you're white you're not racist. Please, if you don't believe me, test this theory out, for I can gurantee you I have alot more street smarts then you ever will, for I have eaten out of soup kitchens and lived in group homes! It's not only on the rich and famous and powerful level but also the street level, u moron! The Democrats only push that if you're a White Republican then you're automatically a Racist no matter what you say or do! That's political correctness truth for you, if you can ever comphrehend it?

@butch....................Do you only quote other people, or can you actually think up anything for yourself? lol. It's ok, most Democrats are simply people that fall in line, and easily told what to do, and can't think for themselves. I don't blame you, but I still won't support your thought or ideas because you can't think of anything original. lol.
"Are you watching closely?"

"Abracadabra"

Offline Undies

"White Privilege" is the ability to see Leftists for who they are and act accordingly.  All races have this ability.  So, in reality, "White Privilege" has nothing to do with the color of a person's skin casing, and everything to do with not letting Leftists run roughshod over society.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Star Member handmade34 (14,737 posts)

8. yes and yes....

race is a social and political construct and it's time to confront that

Confronting it is like trying to ask fish to confront water. Or an entrepreneur to confront the damage and inequality that is a necessary consequence of unfettered capitalism. Too often, the response is a personal one. We rationalise a defense on the basis of personal experience. Say something like “I worked really hard to be where I am.”
https://goodmenproject.com/guy-talk/how-travel-made-me-confront-white-privilege/

This guy needs to look up what the term HUB is, and how it is used in business.  Once he's done that he can come over here and explain 'white privilege' to us so we'll all be as smart as he is.

:whatever:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Mary Ann

For eight long years we witnessed Black privilege. It was impossible to disagree with Snarky McDouchebag for ANYTHING without being accused of the cardinal sin of our time--RACISM.

Think the ACA was a disaster? You're a RACIST!
Think the Iran nuclear deal was bad for America and Israel? You're a RACIST!
Think mandating that young girls undress and shower with (mentally ill) boys is a bad idea? You're a RACIST!
Think bypassing the Senate to implement policies the American electorate would reject is unconstitutional? You're a RACIST!

It was utterly impossible to discuss anything with an Obama supporter because the default reaction was always the same: You're a RACIST! Any discussion ended there because no one will talk to a racist.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Still waiting for mine.......
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

When Progs define it I'll check to see if I have any. In the mean time I've a life I'm living.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.