Author Topic: gops are already saying there wont be a daca vote.  (Read 1679 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
gops are already saying there wont be a daca vote.
« on: January 22, 2018, 08:56:16 PM »
Star Member drray23 (2,385 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210132707

As I pointed put in another thread (and was told I did not grasp the fine points of politics) they wont bring up a clean daca bill up and down vote. As a matter of fact senator kennedy (R LA) said he would vote against DACA. What he wants is radical reforms to immigration that wont be acceptable to democrats. I stand by my statement that we got played.

:-)

Star Member hlthe2b (58,363 posts)

2. So... what is YOUR solution for how the Dems should have handled the situtation, both today

and in the future? Please be specific. I really want to know.

Arazi (3,036 posts)

33. 1. Hold firm.

2. Make Rs deny military funding over and over

3. Get Dreamers out on.every talk show, news outlet, newspaper etc. Let people see who they really are.

4. 87% of Americans don't want Dreamers deported and we caved after less than 72 hours? That's bullshit. Wait longer.

5. Get Trump to actually say what he wanted on DACA - we let him just flail when we should have been patient and MADE him say what he thought was a deal (he wants deportation, just like the rest of the R leadership, but they don't dare say it out loud w 87% supporting citizenship). Wait him the **** out (or at least wait longer than 60 ****ing hours)

Arazi (3,036 posts)

52. We had real.power here on this. We caved

We didn't even wait for Trump to publicly tell us what he would accept.

It's so damn heartbreaking. Dreamers will now be deported with 100% certainty. We own that (well, not thosd of us who.opposed this deal plus the Dems, 2 Rs, and Bernie who also opposed this deal) but yeah, this is a monstrous mistake imo

Star Member Wellstone ruled (14,977 posts)

8. Feb 8 is the next line in the sand.

Watch the Rethug rhetoric and then the response form Durbin. Schumer appears to have let Durbin run this last show. If McConnell joins in with Kennedy,things will get ugly right quick. I have said this before,Mitch McConnell is one slimy sucker. He will 180 on Schumer before the Feb 8 deadline in order to save face with the Koch Brothers and Adelson Crowds.

Star Member Vinca (36,131 posts)

10. This is why every vote counts.

If you don't have a majority, you're SOL. Whether we got played or not doesn't really matter since we have no way of forcing Republicans to vote with us. We can keep the government shut down from now until November and all it will do is piss people off. It won't change the vote count.

r
oamer65 (13,577 posts)

11. If they try to deport the dreamers, the unrest is going to be unreal.

Like Elian Gonzales, times 800,000

:lmao: You guys did Elian Gonzolas...

appal_jack (3,386 posts)

20. It's looking like both a moral and tactical failure.

Quoting (former DU'er) Will Pitt, "if you're going to do something like this, you stick it out longer than a goddam weekend, or you leave the club in the bag. With this, they failed on both a moral and tactical level. Just stupid self-damage."

I agree with Will here. As far as I am concerned, the DREAMERS are Americans, and deserve a pitched battle by all of us on their behalf. There really can be little debate about the morality without veering into Stephen Miller hater-land.

If a government shutdown was the right tactic, we should have been willing to stick it out for weeks. If it was the wrong tactic, why did we start here? I'll answer my own question at least partly: the CR was the first opportunity for leverage that Democrats had, and they chose to go to the mat over CHIP and DACA. There are about a dozen other issues I think are every bit as important as these two, and could have also been demanded, but I respect Democratic leaders' choice that these two deserve priority. Of the two, Democrats got CHIP for six years, which is no small potatoes (although a later Repub Congress could of course again de-fund it).

The problem with folding on DACA with no real progress on the issue is that there are 800,000 DREAMERS, and their families, AND the larger Hispanic and immigrants' rights communities who now have strong reason to think that Democrats will abandon them the minute the going gets tough. That's bad electoral politics, as well as being moral and tactical failures.

-app

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Delmar

Re: gops are already saying there wont be a daca vote.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 09:24:40 PM »
Over the weekend I noticed that the primitives were making a lot of stupid Art of the Deal jokes--Fart of the Deal, etc. 

Not so many today.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 10:56:32 PM »
Arazi

4. 87% of Americans don't want Dreamers deported and we caved after less than 72 hours? That's bullshit. Wait longer. 

Oh yes we sure as he77 do.
Just where did you come up with THAT bovine excrement number, dickweed?
It was no doubt an astronomical event that dropped out of Uranus.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 07:32:37 AM »
They really are retards.

I doubt Schmuckie really wanted to die on that hill but the insane base backed them to the wall.

These mutts truly think that the public is screaming for amnesty but outside LA,San Fran,NYC and a few other urban shitholes the public is fed up.

It is on those battlefields dems have to muster in November.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 07:58:04 AM »
They really are retards.

I doubt Schmuckie really wanted to die on that hill but the insane base backed them to the wall.

These mutts truly think that the public is screaming for amnesty but outside LA,San Fran,NYC and a few other urban shitholes the public is fed up.

It is on those battlefields dems have to muster in November.

And those places are where the blue states' food and water comes from. :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 09:18:15 AM »
I stand by my statement that we got played.

Like a plastic ukulele.  :lmao:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 12:08:53 PM »
Got played like a plastic ukulele.  :lmao:

"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 04:44:10 PM »
Star Member drray23 (2,385 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210132707

You should be used to losing by now. Suck it up buttercup , it is only going to get worse.

You can stand by the border and wave good bye to all the dreamers. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!