Author Topic: Kentuck doesn't understand separation of powers in Constitution...  (Read 1537 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member kentuck (84,086 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210149238

Wouldn't it make more sense to put the Justice Department under the Judicial Branch...?

...than under the Executive Branch, as it is presently?

Rather than have the Attorney General answer to the President, any legal questions, that he might have, would be answered by the Chief Judge of the Supreme Court, with the assistance of the Associate Judges. That would make the interpretation of our laws much more just, in my opinion.

If we ever have another constitutional convention, I hope someone would bring up this idea?

Who makes the laws?
Who interprets the laws?
Who enforces the laws?

:loser:

Star Member kentuck (84,086 posts)

4. It doesn't seem to be working in its present form?

What would be a good way to fix it or improve it?

:thatsright:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Kentuck doesn't understand separation of powers in Constitution...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 10:31:52 PM »
Just when you think they've the bottom of the stupid-well, they get a second wind and start digging even deeper.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 10:46:01 PM »
If we ever have another constitutional convention, I hope someone would bring up this idea?

As if his ideas aren't stupid enough, he makes himself look even more stupid by putting question marks at the end of statements.  You can practically hear his intonation going up at the end of the sentence.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 04:14:42 AM »
I hope it is only a matter of time before some members of barrys justice department are under review from the judicial branch DUmfuk kentuck.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 07:49:21 AM »
So, kt is worried that if Justice Department and FBI misdoings are just short of criminal Trump has the authority to roll the heads of Obama and Clinton operatives out the door of the Justice Department and FBI?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 05:37:29 AM »
Just when you think they've the bottom of the stupid-well, they get a second wind and start digging even deeper.

With atomic demolition munitions. :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.