Author Topic: Why I think the Democrats played this pretty well  (Read 3161 times)

Offline CC27

Why I think the Democrats played this pretty well
« on: January 22, 2018, 02:48:56 PM »
scheming daemons (23,062 posts)

1. All this does is push things back 3 weeks. The shutdown option is there again.

2. CHIP is now off the table, and the GOP can not hold 9 million kids hostage again in 3 weeks. The GOP has lost a bargaining chip for February 8th. CHIP has been extended for 6 years.

3. There is a very vocal commitment from McConnell for a DACA bill on the floor by February 8th. If it doesn't happen, the shutdown that occurs at that time gives the Dems all the leverage. And it will give the Dems all the commercials they need to run for '18 if McConnell reneges.

What did the Dems lose today? 3 weeks. That's all.

What did the Dems gain today? CHIP off the table, 9 million kids get their health insurance. A vocal, with much fanfare, commitment from McConnell for a DACA vote by February 8th.

Because it was just a CR that lasts 3 weeks.... the GOP has LESS leverage than they had before.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210130807

Another high post Dummie  i don't know.

Offline thundley4

Re: Why I think the Democrats played this pretty well
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 02:54:06 PM »
The DUmmies is spinning. Most on the left are unhappy that Schmuckie Schumer gave in.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 02:58:59 PM »

DUmbass, Schmuckie Schutdown Schumer got his shit pushed in by President Trump.  If you want to call that a victory, fine by me.  :rofl:
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 03:32:19 PM »
Live shot of Chuck Schumer:

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 04:00:11 PM »
The DUmmies is spinning. Most on the left are unhappy that Schmuckie Schumer gave in.

That explains the high pitched whine I've been hearing.
No,wait.  It could be the DUmmies whining. Could be both. Hard to tell because of the volume.   
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 04:13:35 PM »
DUmbass, Schmuckie Schutdown Schumer got his shit pushed in by President Trump.  If you want to call that a victory, fine by me.  :rofl:
yeah, you guys did a bang up job and really showed tRump...

Liberals livid after deal to end shutdown
Activist groups were angry at how the negotiations turned out, with some calling it '#SchumerSellout.'

Liberal activists are furious with Democratic senators after most of them agreed to reopen the federal government without a firm path to shielding young immigrants from deportation.

As the third day of the shutdown dawned, liberal advocates and immigration groups fired off a joint statement blasting as "unacceptable" Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) offer to merely hold a vote on immigration — with no promises for action from the House or White House — in exchange for Democratic votes to reopen the government. But three hours later, Democratic senators agreed to just those terms — sparking anger on the left.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/22/government-shutdown-deal-liberals-angry-357268

:rotf:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 04:19:51 PM »
Liberals livid after deal to end shutdown
Activist groups were angry at how the negotiations turned out, with some calling it '#SchumerSellout.'

Liberal activists are furious with Democratic senators after most of them agreed to reopen the federal government without a firm path to shielding young immigrants from deportation.

As the third day of the shutdown dawned, liberal advocates and immigration groups fired off a joint statement blasting as "unacceptable" Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) offer to merely hold a vote on immigration — with no promises for action from the House or White House — in exchange for Democratic votes to reopen the government. But three hours later, Democratic senators agreed to just those terms — sparking anger on the left.

#SchumerSchlonged    :rotf:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 04:29:10 PM »
I've also heard it called the Schumer Surrender.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 04:42:36 PM »

Actually that should read " the Democrats GOT played  pretty well"

Chuckie thought he could outsmart THE DONALD!! :mental: :mental: :lmao: :lmao:

They need to buy a copy of the atr of the deal and read it!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 04:48:19 PM »
Chuckles took it so bad he can't toot a descent fart. Àll that's heard is a faint whoosh.
In regards to 67Rover's comment, let the schlonging continue.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 05:29:15 PM »
Chuckles took it so bad he can't toot a descent fart. Àll that's heard is a faint whoosh.
In regards to 67Rover's comment, let the schlonging continue.

PSA for Chuckles and Lurking DUmmies:

And never, never, play pant-less!! Right Chuckles??
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 05:30:34 PM »

You think the dems played it well because the media told you that and you are incapable of thinking for yourself.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 05:40:01 PM »

yea, it was "played pretty well" alright.
all that drama, the DNC lost some serious political coin, half the country wants them to hang, and they signed the same damn bill that was presented to them last week.
smooth move Schoomey

Offline Delmar

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2018, 07:07:40 PM »
Heck of a job Schmucko.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 09:58:42 PM »
Liberals/media/DUmmies were so completely b*tch slapped by Trump that they are desperately searching for the appropriate talking points.  Probably by Noon tomorrow they will have settled on their official talking points.

Doesn't matter, they lost the narrative this time.  Suck it.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 06:18:03 AM »
Liberals/media/DUmmies were so completely b*tch slapped by Trump that they are desperately searching for the appropriate talking points.  Probably by Noon tomorrow they will have settled on their official talking points.

Doesn't matter, they lost the narrative this time.  Suck it.

I keep waiting for the DUmmies to realize that the disgraced former Senator Franken would not have caved unlike his replacement.  :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2018, 07:18:16 AM »

I am sure that an attempt to do it again in 3 weeks is a non-starter.  Assuming the (d)s don't agree to anything less than amnesty and open borders (a pretty good bet), the (R)s can frame this up BEFORE it happens to ensure (d)s get the blame -- which is what they should have done last week.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 07:53:37 AM »
I keep waiting for the DUmmies to realize that the disgraced former Senator Franken would not have caved unlike his replacement.  :-)
that might be a mole worthy comment to toss in over there... :fuelfire:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020