Author Topic: Met a Trump supporter yesterday  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Met a Trump supporter yesterday
« on: January 21, 2018, 10:21:53 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210126476

Star Member left-of-center2012
Met a Trump supporter yesterday

I was at the grocery store when a guy in one of those motorized shopping carts for the disabled rode up to me.
He said “The government’s shut down! You know whose fault it is?”

I said “Trump” and he said “No! It’s Obama. He’s trying to overthrow the government so he can get back into the White House.”

The guy was wearing a cowboy hat, a denim vest, and had a sheriff’s badge on the vest ~~ the kind of toy badge a little kid might wear.

Thinking the guy was a few eggs short of a dozen, I was curious as to what else he might say.
He told me he’s very patriotic, being ex-military. When I questioned him on that, he said he had served in the navy, but then admitted he was kicked out. But he then went on to ‘serve’ in the merchant marine, before being kicked out of that too.

He loves Trump because Trump’s a true American, and a patriot.
I wandered off after that, but about ten minutes later I ran into him again in another aisle of the grocery, and he said to me “The government’s shut down! You know whose fault it is?”

A true Trump supporter.

Liar.

Siwsan
2. Was this person a stranger to you?
Because I can't fathom why someone would bring up politics to a complete stranger.

Happen to y’all all the time for some reason.

:rotf:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Delmar

Re: Met a Trump supporter yesterday
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 10:34:23 AM »
Response to Siwsan (Reply #2)Sun Jan 21, 2018, 11:22 AM
Ohiogal (457 posts)
4. I get this type of character often enough

Unfortunately, I have been approached by goofballs like this occasionally when waiting in line in a store or some other public place.

I, too, wonder why anyone would accost a complete stranger to air their nutter political beliefs. But, then, that's what they do.

My hubby says I look like an approachable and agreeable kind of person, that's why I attract these dingalings! ????

Your description of his "military" past and his wardrobe was truly accurate and hilarious.

Ohiogal was there too, how else could she confirm his description?   
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 10:46:09 AM »
Ohiogal was there too, how else could she confirm his description?   

Because that’s how all our military vets are. Duh. I myself wear a child’s sheriff star while out in public ...

And these are the people who claim Trump made fun of a disabled person ... think about that.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 11:36:27 AM »
Bouncy FAIL.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 11:58:44 AM »
So... This is an actually true story. It really happened to me, honest!

I was in the checkout line at my local grocery store and this woman who had to weigh 600 lbs drove up to the checkout line in one of those motorized carts. Because of her weight the tires were almost flat and the motor was smoking from the overload. As she was unloading the 24 boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts I saw she was wearing an obama t shirt and had a "resist" and " forward with Hillary" bumper stickers on her ass.

As she was paying with her EBT card she was complaining to the cashier that that evil president Trump wanted to take away her EBT benefits and if that happened she would have to turn in her escalade , cut off her cable and eat less donuts. Then 12 transvestites dressed like Gloria Alred jumped up from behind the counter and started dancing the macarena and told her not to worry.

All the other people in line started clapping and cheering and then out of the blue a unicorn appeared and pulled her and  her donuts out to her car.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 01:52:12 PM »
I guess that story became unbelievable to the OP as well.   :rotf:

This message was self-deleted by its author (left-of-center2012) on Sun Jan 21, 2018, 12:42 PM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 04:49:59 PM »
I guess that story became unbelievable to the OP as well.   :rotf:

Well now, isn’t that interesting. No comments calling bullshit or castigating it for making fun of a mentally ill person, but still deleted it ...

KC

*Stolen

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 05:35:30 PM »
Bouncy FAIL.

As with all things DUmmys involve themselves in/with.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 07:16:04 AM »
I see Hillary/Obama supporters begging at intersections all the time but don’t feel compelled to post about it.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 07:28:53 AM »
So... This is an actually true story. It really happened to me, honest!

I was in the checkout line at my local grocery store and this woman who had to weigh 600 lbs drove up to the checkout line in one of those motorized carts. Because of her weight the tires were almost flat and the motor was smoking from the overload. As she was unloading the 24 boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts I saw she was wearing an obama t shirt and had a "resist" and " forward with Hillary" bumper stickers on her ass.

As she was paying with her EBT card she was complaining to the cashier that that evil president Trump wanted to take away her EBT benefits and if that happened she would have to turn in her escalade , cut off her cable and eat less donuts. Then 12 transvestites dressed like Gloria Alred jumped up from behind the counter and started dancing the macarena and told her not to worry.

All the other people in line started clapping and cheering and then out of the blue a unicorn appeared and pulled her and  her donuts out to her car.

Your description of his "military" past her weight and his wardrobe was truly accurate and hilarious.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 07:52:54 AM »
The only democrat I was sorta friends with just died.  I haven't met ANY lately.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 05:33:00 PM »
I think this could have happened to Mr. Rodgers, but the roles were reversed and it was in 2013 - there was a post on FB saying a guy with the same name as left was pitching a fit for free rides to the grocery store and then there's this:

In the discussion thread: Update on my move to assisted living. [View all]
Response to CTyankee (Original post)Thu Aug 24, 2017, 10:11 AM
Star Member left-of-center2012 (8,847 posts)
93. If you have Facebook ...

My doctors say I have "vascular dementia".

Here are two groups on Facebook I have found helpful:

TIPS FOR VASCULAR, ALZHEIMER'S & MIXED DEMENTIA/ SUPPORT & INFORMATION

Dementia Information - Public Group

https://demu.gr/?com=view_post&forum=1018&pid=981196

degenerative disease, just gets worse and worse

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 08:31:09 PM »
my 85 year old mom was diagnosed with vascular dementia this past year.  She is just normal mom as I have always known her, but she repeats herself frequently and has trouble remembering regular day to day things.  She can vividly recall her days as a child back in the 1930's and when I mentioned that to the doctor who is treating her, the doctor replied that long term memories are rehearsed memories and always the last to go.

She took one of those cognative tests that Trump took recently and was accused of cramming for by the DUmmies.  My mom was in banking all her life and very good with math, but had difficulties with math on the test so that shows how ignorant the DUmmies are when they accuse Trump of being impared but helped by the doctors in passing the test.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020