Author Topic: Another grocery store bouncy  (Read 1594 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
Another grocery store bouncy
« on: January 21, 2018, 10:19:54 AM »
left-of-center2012 (8,833 posts)             https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210126476

Met a Trump supporter yesterday
I was at the grocery store when a guy in one of those motorized shopping carts for the disabled rode up to me.
He said “The government’s shut down! You know whose fault it is?”

I said “Trump” and he said “No! It’s Obama. He’s trying to overthrow the government so he can get back into the White House.”

The guy was wearing a cowboy hat, a denim vest, and had a sheriff’s badge on the vest ~~ the kind of toy badge a little kid might wear.

Thinking the guy was a few eggs short of a dozen, I was curious as to what else he might say.
He told me he’s very patriotic, being ex-military. When I questioned him on that, he said he had served in the navy, but then admitted he was kicked out. But he then went on to ‘serve’ in the merchant marine, before being kicked out of that too.

He loves Trump because Trump’s a true American, and a patriot.
I wandered off after that, but about ten minutes later I ran into him again in another aisle of the grocery, and he said to me “The government’s shut down! You know whose fault it is?”

A true Trump supporter.

Good grief   :bouncingidiot: :bouncingidiot:

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: Another grocery store bouncy
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 12:27:32 PM »
They underestimate us just like they do Trump, and they did to Reagan. 

Keep it up, DUmmies!  Don't throw us in that there brier patch!    :rotf:

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 06:13:52 PM »
It's been a while since we had a grocery store Bouncy. It needed to begin with "so" though.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline hillneck

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 07:02:46 PM »
That story gets zero bongs.  No creativity, not believable, and just plain dumb.    :loser:
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 08:46:36 PM »
left-of-center2012 (8,833 posts)             https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210126476

Met a Trump supporter yesterday
I was at the grocery store when a guy in one of those motorized shopping carts for the disabled rode up to me.
He said “The government’s shut down! You know whose fault it is?”

I said “Trump” and he said “No! It’s Obama. He’s trying to overthrow the government so he can get back into the White House.”

The guy was wearing a cowboy hat, a denim vest, and had a sheriff’s badge on the vest ~~ the kind of toy badge a little kid might wear.

Thinking the guy was a few eggs short of a dozen, I was curious as to what else he might say.
He told me he’s very patriotic, being ex-military. When I questioned him on that, he said he had served in the navy, but then admitted he was kicked out. But he then went on to ‘serve’ in the merchant marine, before being kicked out of that too.

He loves Trump because Trump’s a true American, and a patriot.
I wandered off after that, but about ten minutes later I ran into him again in another aisle of the grocery, and he said to me “The government’s shut down! You know whose fault it is?”

A true Trump supporter.

Really?   :thatsright:

I have seen some piss poor bouncies in my day and this has to rank in the top 5.  Damn dummie... at least try to make it somewhat believable.  :mental:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 09:15:31 PM »
Perfect example of a bouncy that didn't need dropping in order to bounce.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 09:27:21 PM »
Perfect example of a bouncy that didn't need dropping in order to bounce.

Maybe we should call them floppies, splatties or something like that?   :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 09:41:58 PM »
He got a lot of support, and of course, the counter bouncies, but then he deleted his story for some reason. 

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 01:42:54 AM »
Maybe we should call them floppies, splatties or something like that?   :cheersmate:
:rotf:
I'm holdìng out for ploppies, poopy ploppies if they stink.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”