Author Topic: Trumper group bouncy  (Read 2259 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Trumper group bouncy
« on: January 15, 2018, 08:39:31 PM »
markpkessinger (7,252 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210104160

Had an encounter with a small group of Trumpers, and am left utterly flabbergasted!

Had an exchange a little earlier with some Trump supporters about Trump's "shithole " comment that has left me utterly flabbergasted.

First, they think liberals and the media are outraged that Trump said a "bad word." I tried to point out that it was the complete context in which he said it, as well as the REST of what he said, that made it an issue.

Of course... none of them knew that it was reportedly one anon person who wasn't in the meeting saying what they heard someone else say... until Durbin (the only one that heard it) said something...

Then they asserted that Trump's comment was no different from the kinds of shit people say in social media posts all the time. That may well be true, and that liberals were being "hypocritical" if they objected to Trump's comment but had themselves ever posted a comment about the appearance, dress, or other aspects of any member of the Trump family and Trump administration. (Wait . . . what?!)

Well... yeah.

Then they insisted that Trump wasn't talking about immigrants from those "shithole" countries, but was instead merely commenting on-how terrible those places were to live. Uh, no, sorry. IKt was in the context of a discussion about fro.m which countries we should allow immigrants to enter the U.S. Trump said he didn't want more immigrants from the countries he identified as "shithole" countries, (which happen to all be countries whose populations are predominantly black or brown and instead wanted more immigrants from countries like Norway, which happens to be,like, the whitest country on the planet.

it gets better. . .

Oh, I am sure it does, since now you claim to know exactly what was said, and what it meant, even though no-one but the one [D] in the room claims it was said... or maybe said... or something like it was said...

Still another of these folks claimed that it was a "double standard" that professional athletes to be permitted to kneel during the national anthem when playing games outside the U.S. while Trump comes in for heavy criticism for calling other countries "shithole." (Where to even begin with that?!)

And then, as I could have predicted, one of them said that sometimes people just need to "face reality" and "tell it like it is." And anyway, this person continued, Trump was just saying what everybody was thinking.ell, maybe in Trumpland that's how everybody thinks. And anyway, I'm sorry, but simply making an ignorant comment, and making it in the crasses, crudest, most offensive way possible is NOT "telling it like it is." It is merely grossly unprofessional and boorish. And sorry to break it to you, Trump supporters, but your bigotries are a reality only in your own twisted souls!

But none of this really surprised me, nor should it have. What really left me gobsmacked was the realization that the folks I was talking to seemed to have absolutely no concept of why it isn't generally a good idea for someone in a high position of leadership -- especially when he is the chief executive of the most powerful nation on earth --to flap his gums in the style of the neighborhood loudmouth who hangs out at the corner bar night after night. They apparently had absolutely no understanding of the kind of damage that sort of careless diarrhea of the mouth can do to international relations, to trade relations, as well as to the U.S.'s standing in the eyes of most of the civilized world.

I guess I had been under the mistaken notion that any reasonably compos mentis adult, irrespective of political leanings, would recognize, almost instinctively, why past U.S. presidents, as well as leaders in high positions both in government and in the private sector, have been and are generally so careful about measuring the words they use in public statements, and also in high profile meetings which are sure to get press coverage. And I just assumed that reasons why that is so important were self-evident, and why we hold leaders to a different, and higher, standard.

All I can say is that if, as a country, we have completely lost any concept of a discourse that is more refined and elevated than that of a belligerent drunk at the local bar, then we are in a crisis that is much, much deeper than any of us has yet realized.

ugh... shitty bouncy. pretty much everything hat you just said is based on a lie... reminds me of the whole "Hands Up Don't Shoot!" lie the left ran with for so long. Typically for the left, they manufacture a crisis in order to 'win'.

Don't think it will work with Trump as he really just doesn't give a **** what they think.

Star Member wasupaloopa (813 posts)

2. I think they are repeating what they hear on fox

Fox is the glue that holds them altogether

:whatever:

Sampan (7 posts)

4. You are making a big mistake

I made it too. But I’ve finally come to the realization that no matter what we say to them or what The Monster does, THEY WILL NOT CHANGE. It took me a long time. Once you accept this, you will stop wasting your time, write them off, and move on. They are hopeless and useless and not worth a moment of your time.

mr_lebowski (1,063 posts)

5. Had it been Obama or Hillary, they likely TOTALLY would've understood ...

... how important it is that our President not go around speaking like that ...

It's because they're knuckle-dragging cult members who's Dear Leader Can Do No Wrong ... that they fail IN HIS CASE ... to 'understand the problem' and therefore rationalize his behavior.

Likely that's true of most of them, anyway.

Though they also seem convinced, down to a (wo)man ... that the entire 'problem' in the WORLD is blacks, terr'ists, abortionists, teh gays, them immigrants ... and the USA failing to wave it's proverbial big dick all around the World Stage, acting like a belligerent asshole of a country and 'winning' like we 'should be' cause we're so big and tough and 'the World needs us more than we need them' ...

Dump shares their same 4th-Grade level understanding of 'the problems of the world', and better still, isn't afraid to illustrate to the world just what a simple-minded, uneducated, hate-filled proto-fascist he is ... just like THEM ... so they love him oh so much cause if a moron from their level of intellect and hate can become both Rich and President ... why they themself might be rich and important one day too!

Of course, 'Being A'murkin' is about all most of their dumb cracker asses can claim in the way of accomplishments, so ... maybe we should take pity ...

flying rabbit (3,020 posts)

7. trump's election

has certainly opened my eyes to the psyche of a large swath of americans. Not in a good way either.

Star Member ladym55 (2,294 posts)

11. They are only imitating their leaders

Having heard not one but TWO Trump spokespeople on AM Joy this weekend need to be shut down for lying, obfuscating, and otherwise spewing garbage, this is how Trumpsters know how to argue.

They don't get the niceties of things like logic and common sense.

I keep thinking about our soldiers currently serving in multiple countries in Africa. Their president* has just endangered them through his ignorance and racism. What few State Department people we have are being called on the carpet.

See when the Orange One gets loud, stupid, and racist, he represents this nation to the world. (shudder) The world is NOT impressed.

Alpeduez21 (249 posts)

22. "I understand ya'll are stupid enough to believe fox news so I'll just leave it at that."

I don't have time for them. I don't have empathy for them. I don't have sympathy for them. I don't care about their viewpoint. I don't want to change their minds.

I work to get progressive voters. I canvas in neighborhoods, I make phone calls. GET OUT THE VOTE!! We vote we win.

:rotf:

Star Member BigmanPigman (9,636 posts)

24. I unfriend someone two weeks ago.

My sister did this 20 years ago when she realized this person was not a friend and they had nothing in common. I was nicer and gave her the benefit of doubt. She sent me a Christmas card with all the crazy shit I hear on the news about this type of person and I had to accept reality. She is a full blown alt right, neo Nazi, Fux Ruse cult member. I will not waste any energy trying to convince her that she is nuts. I have better things to do like getting people to vote Dem in the midterms and to RESIST every single day.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Trumper group bouncy
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 10:34:54 PM »
Quote from:
markpkessinger

What really left me gobsmacked was the realization that the folks I was talking to seemed to have absolutely no concept of why it isn't generally a good idea for someone in a high position of leadership -- especially when he is the chief executive of the most powerful nation on earth --to flap his gums in the style of the neighborhood loudmouth who hangs out at the corner bar night after night. They apparently had absolutely no understanding of the kind of damage that sort of careless diarrhea of the mouth can do to international relations, to trade relations, as well as to the U.S.'s standing in the eyes of most of the civilized world.

Let’s say it were true that Trump said what Durbin reported. If what you said above is the case, then why would Durbin announce publicly what was said in private? Wouldn’t the potential “damage to international relations” outweigh any political points that could be scored by making it known to the public? What does that say about Durbin?

You see primitives, when you say these things, you never really ever think it all the way through. That’s why we rightfully refer to you as idiots.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 07:35:36 AM »
The apt 10 second video clip.

What Trump actually said is in doubt, but after decades of the same damn countries sucking up billions of $$ in foreign aid from the US while (metaphorically) crapping on the US, many US taxpayers are F'ing tired of the ingrates running those countries, and Trump apparently, in some form, voiced that frustration. Maybe if the ingrates running those countries realized that their gravy train might stop delivering they might use US aid $$ for their people instead of using it to fill their Swiss bank accounts.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 08:20:50 AM »
Cracks me up when they spout such crap that "we" are all slaves to Fox News.  I barely watch it.  Occasionally yes, but I'll also tune into CNN or MSNBC if it happens to be a breaking news story.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 10:08:48 AM »
Cracks me up when they spout such crap that "we" are all slaves to Fox News.  I barely watch it.  Occasionally yes, but I'll also tune into CNN or MSNBC if it happens to be a breaking news story.

I was going to watch rachael madcow last night but there was an hour long special with Vince doing Shamwow commercials.  :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 10:13:57 AM »
I was going to watch rachael madcow last night but there was an hour long special with Vince doing Shamwow commercials.  :-)

Every time I want to watch Rachel Maddow she always has this gay little boy filling in for her.

Offline BIGSTARXXX

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 10:36:31 AM »
Every time I want to watch Rachel Maddow she always has this gay little boy filling in for her.

Chris Hayes ?  :-)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 10:55:44 AM »
Star Member wasupaloopa (813 posts)

2. I think they are repeating what they hear on fox

Fox is the glue that holds them altogether

As best I know, I have not watched as much as 30 seconds of Fox News since its inception. That includes tuning to it accidentally and then going to the intended channel. I wonder how much whatapoopypuppy watches MSNBC.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 11:10:47 AM »
As best I know, I have not watched as much as 30 seconds of Fox News since its inception. That includes tuning to it accidentally and then going to the intended channel. I wonder how much whatapoopypuppy watches MSNBC.

In Russia you don't watch Fox. Fox watch you.  :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 01:10:19 PM »
but after decades of the same damn countries sucking up billions of $$ in foreign aid from the US while (metaphorically) crapping on the US, many US taxpayers are F'ing tired of the ingrates running those countries, and Trump apparently, in some form, voiced that frustration.

This is why, DUmmies, I LOVE Trump. You see, like him, I've had enough.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 04:25:44 PM »
this moonbat has been crying about the Dick's "shithole" remark/lie  all over the internet:

Tonight I am ashamed to be an American, and ashamed of the shithole this country has become under Donald J. Trump.

Well, Mark, I'm ashamed you're an American, too, but you need to realize Brooklyn has been a shithole waaaaaaaaaay before Trump

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 08:19:24 AM »
I'm reasonably certain that Rachel IS a gay little boy.