Author Topic: Chelsea Manning files to run for U.S. Senate in Maryland  (Read 5587 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Chelsea Manning files to run for U.S. Senate in Maryland
« on: January 13, 2018, 08:31:05 PM »
Star Member DonViejo (37,170 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/10141960824

Chelsea Manning files to run for U.S. Senate in Maryland

Source: The Washington Post

:censored:

Star Member Eliot Rosewater (10,605 posts)

1. Let me see , how do I put this
[bunch of happy emojis]

Star Member BeyondGeography (30,224 posts)

3. Absurd

Star Member MineralMan (102,609 posts)

4. WTF? Is this a joke?

If not, who put her up to this bonehead move? I'd better go over and check JPR...

john657 (123 posts)

6. Is this a joke?

I hope so, I would never vote for this, in my opinion, traitor.

Star Member peggysue2 (1,169 posts)

14. Ah . . .

No! And challenging Ben Cardin who just released the Report from the Foreign Intelligence Committee on pervasive Russian influence in our elections and systems and those of our Allies?

Double No!

I suggest Ms Manning chat up Julian Assange, see if he has any openings at Wikileaks.

Star Member JohnnyRingo (11,780 posts)

15. Since when did the senate become an entry level position?

The moran in the White House is a perfect example of what happens when we elect an "outsider" who hasn't climbed the rungs of politics for higher ofice. There are exceptions of course, like the great Al Franken, but usually jumping into a job without qualification is foolish.

Ms Manning should test the waters at a state level office first to see if she has the chops, not only for politics, but to see if she can even weather the slings and arrows of an election, IMO.

moondust (12,601 posts)

18. Ugh.

This could get ugly.

Star Member Me. (17,546 posts)

28. SeriousLy?

Why doesn't she challenge a Con instead that of a seated, valuable Senator? Perhaps as she has never held office she should start with local gov. first. I find it ironic that a person convicted of handing over docs to Wikileaks would challenge one of the few senators who is trying to stop cyber crimes.

“Democrats on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee are calling on the Trump administration to vastly expand the U.S. response to Russian interference in elections, with increased sanctions and a new inter-agency body to coordinate government policies.

In a 200-page report commissioned by Sen. Ben Cardin of Maryland and released Wednesday, Democratic committee staff describe efforts by Russia to influence elections throughout Europe for years and say many of those countries have made aggressive moves to push back.

With months to go before this year’s midterm elections, the Democrats contend that Washington does not yet have a coherent plan to confront Russian cyber campaigns aimed at disrupting U.S. democracy. Cardin — a longtime critic of Russian President Vladimir Putin — said it was time to develop one”.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-cardin-russian-20180109-story.html

jmowreader (37,593 posts)

36. I smell Trump and his Russian handlers

I also expect Trump and his Russian handlers to try this against every Democratic senator up for election this year: pick people who are so awful I could beat them in November to primary every sitting Democratic senator in this class. With enough crossover voting, some of those individuals could make it to November...at which point they're easy pickings for the GOP.

There is a simple and effective way to counter this, but it's expensive: every damn time one of Trump's plants files to run for the Senate as a Democrat, we have someone whose campaign platform revolves around getting rid of Trump and erasing all the harm he has done file to run as a Republican.

:???: --- Manning is a Trump agent?

:rotf:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DUmpsterDiver

Re: Chelsea Manning files to run for U.S. Senate in Maryland
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 09:31:49 PM »
What does "Chelsea" want to suck so I can offer it up in printed 3D form?  The DNA reject is so confusing. ..

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 07:30:40 AM »
I thought DU-folk loved Bradley Manning, other than very up close and VERY personal. Don't they believe being a deserter who got several GOOD soldiers killed trying to rescue him is great campaign bio material?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 08:08:54 AM »
More proof the DUmmies are less intelligent than a box of rocks in pond scum...

I'm too stunned for a reply to this...

The moran in the White House is a perfect example of what happens when we elect an "outsider" who hasn't climbed the rungs of politics for higher ofice. There are exceptions of course, like the GREAT Al Franken...

Really...

:confused: :thatsright: :confused: :thatsright: :confused:

The only "great" I can associate with Franken is spelled "G R A T E"...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 09:48:03 AM »

I believe it was in 2000 that Hillary Clinton was elected to the US Senate by a state in which she had "lived" for a few months at most.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 10:14:39 AM »
Mr. mannings qualifications are:
He is a traitor, who damaged America
He has spent time in prison.
He has no experience
he has a mental deficiency because he can't figure out his gender.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 10:26:56 AM »
Mr. mannings qualifications are:
He is a traitor, who damaged America
He has spent time in prison.
He has no experience
he has a mental deficiency because he can't figure out his gender.

You're right! He would be an absolutely perfect Democrat Party Senator! :rimshot:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 10:34:53 AM »
Meaningless, the bigger hogs in that pen will just devour the stupid pouf in nothing flat.  Could be some hilarious 'Overwrought fag' drama to bring tears of laughter to our eyes, though.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 10:38:00 AM »
I hope he wins the democrat primary, just so the GOP candidate can constantly refer to him as "Bradley" and freak out the PC crowd.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 11:34:42 AM »
I hope he wins the democrat primary, just so the GOP candidate can constantly refer to him as "Bradley" and freak out the PC crowd.

Damn, Mannn!

THAT was funny!!!   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:hi5:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 05:54:54 PM »
Here heshe is spelling it out...Go Bradley!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAXo1Y7AK_I

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 06:28:57 PM »
The best response I saw of anyone on TV talking about this freak was a guy who simply referred to him as PVT. Manning over and over. No arguing with that!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 01:31:41 AM »

Hell, the GOP candidate will never get the chance. I'll be shocked if he wins the Dem primary if he even gets off the starting line. The Dem candidates will shred him to pieces. That little poof is ****ing with people far better funded and way more evil than he could ever hope to be.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 08:16:00 AM »
I thought DU-folk loved Bradley Manning, other than very up close and VERY personal. Don't they believe being a deserter who got several GOOD soldiers killed trying to rescue him is great campaign bio material?

My apologies. I was reminded elsewhere that Bradley Manning was the traitor who leaked reams of secret information during the Bush years, not the traitor who deserted. Maybe if traitors were punished properly I wouldn't have so much trouble keeping them straight.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 10:54:07 AM »
I think he knows his chances are nill. He views a campaign as an alternate source of income. BTW, is he carpetbagging? I mean what are the chances he lives in one of the few states that allow felons to participate in elections?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 12:50:17 PM »

I think those camelhumpers used him so many times he just got used to it.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 05:07:26 AM »
I think those camelhumpers used him so many times he just got used to it.

Bradley Manning was caught giving secret government documents to Wikileaks. Bowe Bergdahl was the soldier who went AWOL, surrendered to the Taliban and got some soldiers killed looking for him.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 02:22:47 PM »
Bradley Manning was caught giving secret government documents to Wikileaks. Bowe Bergdahl was the soldier who went AWOL, surrendered to the Taliban and got some soldiers killed looking for him.

Oops my bad.  But of course Obama covered for both of them like the America hating bastard he was.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 05:47:47 PM »
The Dems would never let Manning's campaign get too far, between the treason and the felony conviction.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 07:49:23 AM »
The Dems would never let Manning's campaign get too far, between the treason and the felony conviction.

Let's see how far they let it go.  I'd be willing to bet that the rabid homosexual/transgender bloc will go batshit-crazy.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 07:55:34 AM »
BTW, is he carpetbagging?

I think he is corn holing. He may think being a tranny is a vote getter, but being a traitor and a felon kind of kills that .
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 12:48:01 PM »
I think he is corn holing. He may think being a tranny is a vote getter, but being a traitor and a felon kind of kills that .
Not so fast. There are a couple of impeached Judges (D's) sitting in the US congress. If bribery convictions are not disqualifiers for Democrats, neither will betraying your country be a disqualifier. 

Never underestimated the stupidity of Democrat voters...or their loyal dead voters. This IS Maryland after all.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 01:03:19 PM »
Not so fast. There are a couple of impeached Judges (D's) sitting in the US congress. If bribery convictions are not disqualifiers for Democrats, neither will betraying your country be a disqualifier. 

Never underestimated the stupidity of Democrat voters...or their loyal dead voters. This IS Maryland after all.

Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-FL) immediately comes to mind.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 01:24:02 PM »
I'd be willing to bet that the rabid homosexual/transgender bloc will go batshit-crazy.

:gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay:
 :catfight: :catfight: :catfight: :catfight: :catfight: :catfight: :catfight: :catfight: :catfight: :catfight: :catfight: :catfight: :catfight:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2018, 12:11:37 PM »
Every time this person comes up in the new lately I keep thinking of Austin Powers.

" That's not a woman, It's a man baby"!!!!!!!
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"