Author Topic: Two crazy people argue over a TREE  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Two crazy people argue over a TREE
« on: January 12, 2018, 11:33:58 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210086913

I think Trump has really driven them over the edge. So much comedy on their little s*hole discussion board today.

Downtown Hound (9,660 posts)

A question about the legality of personal space
Hi all,

I had a rather unpleasant experience yesterday with someone who clearly wasn't quite right in the head, and it left me wondering about the legality of defending one's personal space.

Basically it was my day off, and I was happily sitting under one of the trees of our local junior college studying one of my computer books for a test I'm taking. I'm pretty close to the sidewalk, and there are a lot of homeless people and transients in this neighborhood.

So essentially, out of nowhere, the one guy, fairly young, about 5'10" inches tall, thin build, diverts from the sidewalk he's walking on and makes a beeline right towards me. I thought he was going to hit me up for change, a common occurrence in this neighborhood. But instead, he puts his hand on the tree that I'm leaning up against, stands literally inches away from me, and hovers over me and looks down at me.

"What's up?" is all he says. I'm not exggerating when I say he is literally inches away from me. His foot was practically touching mine, and he is actually bending hovering over me while he says this.

I'll admit I wasn't exactly terribly friendly in the manner in which I made my reply, but everything about his demeanor was threatening.

Me: "What's up? What do you want?" I said this somewhat forcefully.

Him: "I'm talking to my tree." He then closes his eyes and acts like he's receiving messages from the tree through his hand. Oh goody, I'm thinking.

First of all let me just explain that this is a huge tree, way to big in circumference to put your arms around. He could have just as easily gone to the other side of the tree to do what he's doing, and while I might think he's more than a little weird, it wouldn't have bothered me enough to speak out. But instead he gets right up in my grill to the point where I feel threatened. He's hovering over me and looking right down at me.

Me: "Yeah, you know. I'm kind of relaxing here. Could you maybe go someplace else and do that?"

Him (now really angry): "You don't own this tree! I have every right to be here!"

Me: "I know I don't own it. But you came right up here and got in my space. You can just as easily go to the other side of the tree and talk to it if that's your thing."

Him (now yelling): "I can go wherever I want. I'm talking to my tree! You don't have any right to tell me to leave!"

Me (starting to get pissed): "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?"

Him: "I don't have a problem! I'm talking to my tree!"

Me: "Fine. Talk to your tree then, man." I was obviously annoyed and did not attempt to hide the annoyance in my voice, but I was actually willing to let it go at that point and just wait for him to do his thing and leave. I went back to reading my book, keeping a close watch on him through the corner of my eye. But he wouldn't let it go.

Him: "What is YOUR problem, man?"

Me: "I don't have a problem. I didn't come up to you and totally invade your space, now did I?"

Him: "You don't own this space! I have every right to be here! You can't tell me to leave! I'm TALKING TO MY TREE!"

He's literally screaming at this point, and I'd had enough. I was totally enjoying peacefully studying under the tree until this psycho came up and ruined it. I was one step away from standing up and telling him he better back the **** off if wants to go home with all of his teeth intact. For further information, I am 6 feet four inches tall and a former boxer with a fairly muscular build. He was much smaller than me and I doubt he was as well trained.

Me: "Yeah, what the **** ever dude. You're a weirdo. Leave me alone!"

Him: "DAMN IT!" He then hits "his tree" and storms off. I honestly think if I hadn't been much bigger than him, we would have fought. But he took a look at me and knew he had no chance, so he retreated.

I kept an eye out for awhile, more than a little bit nervous that he might return, perhaps with a weapon, but he didn't. My question is, exactly what right do you have in a situation like this to assert your right to be secure in your space? He's right, I didn't own the tree or the space. But I think there are very few people on this Earth that would be okay with somebody just rolling up on them out of the blue and getting inches away from them and talking to a tree when they could just as easily have done so in a way that did not completely violate their space. If we had come to blows, what type of defense could I have used in court?

There are a lot of homeless people in this community, and while most of them are harmless, there is a certain percentage of them that are mentally unstable and can be dangerous. I don't know for certain if this individual was homeless, he was well dressed and clean cut, and seemed rather well groomed. But I do think he was mentally unstable, and I certainly did not feel safe with him hovering over me like that.

Anyways, any advice would be appreciated.
I. Can't. Even.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: Two crazy people argue over a TREE
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 12:01:07 PM »
Sounds to me like the DUmmy ran into a fellow traveler.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 12:07:16 PM »

I was gonna say.  He/she/it should have said "Hey, you must post at DU...we may be friends".
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 12:07:50 PM »

BINGO.  One of our gifted writers here should write the other half to this story.    :rotf:

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 12:33:27 PM »
DUmmie was being hit on by a gay dude and was too homophobic to realize it.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 12:43:20 PM »
First, you start with pepper spray.
If that fails move on the the stun gun.
If that fails, you pull out your hi cap 9 with assault bullets and cap his ass.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 01:39:37 PM »
Actually not a bad  :bouncy:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 03:38:59 PM »
DUmmie was being hit on by a gay dude and was too homophobic to realize it.

Ahhh. Don't be so sure the DUmmie wasn't sporting his own wood hoping the homeless guy would "communicate with it" using his hands.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 05:17:59 PM »
As we know from previous case history, personal space is wherever the aggressor declares it to be:

DUmmies in the act of social justice warrioring will insert themselves into another's physical and intellectual personal space to shout them down, verbally berate and/or assault them.

DUmmies in the act of being "offended" by someone open carrying or carrying a gun will declare things on said person's body to be in their personal space, and freak the **** out.

DUmmies declare the inside of businesses their personal space, when the business refuses to make them a cake for fags.

So in this case, the DUmmie has no right, as the aggressor is only following the example set by DUmmies who have trod the ground he is walking on now many times before.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 05:35:41 PM »
DU-Dude and that sacred homeless guy better be careful, messing around like that with tree spirits. :-)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 05:56:43 PM »
DU-Dude and that sacred homeless guy better be careful, messing around like that with tree spirits. :-)

Exactly!

That tree could be TOTALLY offended by the behavior of the 2 DUmmies beneath it's branches...

Could almost be considered sexual harrasment since one of them put his hands on it without permission...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 06:12:42 PM »
Exactly!

That tree could be TOTALLY offended by the behavior of the 2 DUmmies beneath it's branches...

Could almost be considered sexual harrasment since one of them put his hands on it without permission...

TREE RAPE!!!!!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 08:14:53 PM »
I highly doubt the guy was mentally unstable. I mean, if you were looking to have an intellectual conversation, and your choice was a primitive or a tree, which would you choose?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 08:55:40 PM »
I highly doubt the guy was mentally unstable. I mean, if you were looking to have an intellectual conversation, and your choice was a primitive or a tree, which would you choose?

You're not offering much of a choice there, USA4ME.

Just for the sake of argument, in the unlikely event that I ever found myself standing under a tree next to a DUmmy while looking for intellectual stimulus, I'd probably yell up into the tree to see if there was a scholarly owl or a particularly eloquent squirrel in it somewhere to match wits with, I suppose.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 11:06:43 PM »
To Downtown Hound,

First, the guy more than likely FELT like it was his tree. By DUmp standards that does indeed make it his tree.

Second, he was probably on that side of the tree because that was the side that contains the tree's mouth, communication portal, whatever. I can not say with any sort of certainty as to how trees communicate. Maybe one of you DUers could ring up our mutual old pal, Blackie the Ghost Chicken, and ask him.

Finally, did you start out life that completely full of BS or did it just built up over time?
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 06:07:48 AM »
You're not offering much of a choice there, USA4ME.

Just for the sake of argument, in the unlikely event that I ever found myself standing under a tree next to a DUmmy while looking for intellectual stimulus, I'd probably yell up into the tree to see if there was a scholarly owl or a particularly eloquent squirrel in it somewhere to match wits with, I suppose.
you might find out how many licks to the center of a tootsie pop. Way more intellectual than a primitive.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 11:07:02 AM »
Actually not a bad  :bouncy:

What it needed for a good ending was for a big SUV with a Trump Pence sticker on it full of white guys with MAGA hats to pull up after running over the tents of the homeless people and proceed to get a chainsaw out, cut down the tree while drinking budweiser, high five each other as the tree topples, then get back in the SUV and drive off, laughing and belching thick black diesel smoke.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Delmar

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 11:18:08 AM »
Over 300 replies.  That one really resonated with the primitives.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 11:47:21 AM »
What it needed for a good ending was for a big SUV with a Trump Pence sticker on it full of white guys with MAGA hats to pull up after running over the tents of the homeless people and proceed to get a chainsaw out, cut down the tree while drinking budweiser, high five each other as the tree topples, then get back in the SUV and drive off, laughing and belching thick black diesel smoke.

Better but still lacking the truck nuts and NRA/Confederate flag sticker.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2018, 12:11:55 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210086913

I think Trump has really driven them over the edge. So much comedy on their little s*hole discussion board today.
I. Can't. Even.

did it have a pu$$$y hat on?

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2018, 03:01:32 PM »

TREE RAPE!!!!!

Poor tree!

It had no legs, and no way to remove itself from this situation.

It just had to stand there and take it...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2018, 03:26:42 PM »
Fag fight   :catfight: :catfight: :catfight: :catfight:
Two turd buglars arguing over who has the "wood",  Twiggle-dee or Twiggle-DUmb.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2018, 09:42:38 PM »

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2018, 09:47:32 PM »
Downtown Hound (9,660 posts)

A question about the legality of personal space
Hi all,

I had a rather unpleasant experience yesterday with someone who clearly wasn't quite right in the head, and it left me wondering about the legality of defending one's personal space.

Basically it was my day off, and I was happily sitting under one of the trees of our local junior college studying one of my computer books for a test I'm taking. I'm pretty close to the sidewalk, and there are a lot of homeless people and transients in this neighborhood.

<blah, blah, blah>

Ain't your tree dummie.  That tree is obviously the life mate of the gentleman and he was communing with his life mate.  You were interfering in their communing, violating their personal space and you were in the wrong.  You was lucky he didn't kick your ass for putting the moves on his life mate.

So next time... TAKE A HIKE!!!!!

5 cents please.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2018, 02:56:31 AM »
Beat me to it.

"When a DUmmie meets a DUmmie, comin' throu' the quad...."