Author Topic: He Fights  (Read 1139 times)

Offline mrclose

He Fights
« on: January 03, 2018, 02:41:11 AM »

This article goes back a ways and I didn't see it posted here, using search?

I just couldn't let it go un-posted since it lays out Trumps differences so clearly, the differences which makes him unique among all the past failures.  :banghead:

Even though I differ with the author on Bush, Mitt, McCain .. (Author overlooks their faults), I agree with his point of view! :cheersmate:

{SNIP}

Evan Sayet
Posted: Jul 13, 2017 1:57 PM

My Leftist friends (as well as many ardent #NeverTrumpers) constantly ask me if I’m not bothered by Donald Trump’s lack of decorum.  They ask if I don’t think his tweets are “beneath the dignity of the office.”  Here’s my answer:

We Right-thinking people have tried dignity.  There could not have been a man of more quiet dignity than George W. Bush as he suffered the outrageous lies and politically motivated hatreds that undermined his presidency.  We tried statesmanship.  Could there be another human being on this earth who so desperately prized “collegiality” as John McCain?  We tried propriety – has there been a nicer human being ever than Mitt Romney?  And the results were always the same.

This is because, while we were playing by the rules of dignity, collegiality and propriety, the Left has been, for the past 60 years, engaged in a knife fight where the only rules are those of Saul Alinsky and the Chicago mob.

I don’t find anything “dignified,” “collegial” or “proper” about Barack Obama’s lying about what went down on the streets of Ferguson in order to ramp up racial hatreds because racial hatreds serve the Democratic Party.  I don’t see anything “dignified” in lying about the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi and imprisoning an innocent filmmaker to cover your tracks.  I don’t see anything “statesman-like” in weaponizing the IRS to be used to destroy your political opponents and any dissent.  Yes, Obama was “articulate” and “polished” but in no way was he in the least bit “dignified,” “collegial” or “proper.”  Cont.

https://townhall.com/columnists/evansayet/2017/07/13/he-fights-n2354580
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: He Fights
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 07:19:15 AM »
That's a pretty good read.  Thanks.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 08:18:54 AM »
That article is a thing of beauty.

It really articulates what I have been trying to say since Trump was candidate Trump.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 09:59:40 AM »
That article is a thing of beauty.

It really articulates what I have been trying to say since Trump was candidate Trump.

When my guy lost (Cruz), this was one of the things I really liked about Trump that the other candidates didn't have the fortitude to accomplish - beat the establishment with a club.

Incidentally, it is also one of the things I continue to admire about him.

For those who just don't get it, and can't stomach a true "fight", I really wonder what they were expecting to happen when they were clamoring for any of the mentioned Republicans in the article to "get in there and fight"?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 10:23:23 AM »
Trump is not PC and won't take a load of crap from anyone. The libs / progressives aren't used to being called out or stood up to and they don't know how to deal with him. :tongue: :tongue:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 10:29:33 AM »
Note:

I cross-posted this at TOS and DU Jr.

With absolutely no mention of this original thread.

I am accepting the accolades as if I was the finder of the article.

Just an FYI ;)
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 12:39:00 PM »
After Trump's been in office for a year, I can see and feel the change. Fake news isn't just a phrase any more. It's real (well, the fake part) and it's palpable.

It stuns me that so many people continue to watch the pond scum that are talking heads on ABC, CBS, NBC and the rest of the filth. Even Fox is over the top in their quest for money.

Any one of us should be all too able to see how the media aren't really interested in reporting news. They're all about the money.

That taint spreads over to the politicians. They are all slaves to their media masters. They feed off of each other like the scavengers they are.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 12:55:09 PM »
I sort of disagree with Obama being “articulate” and “polished”. While I agree that he was pretty smooth as long as the teleprompter was running, when it went out he didn't do so well. Since the MSM was basically carrying his water I don't really remember him being in a "hostile" situation.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 01:38:08 PM »
Steel on target.

I especially love the next to last paragraph.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.