Author Topic: Kobe Bryant  (Read 2678 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Kobe Bryant
« on: August 18, 2008, 09:39:50 PM »
I'm proud to say Kobe Bryant made me feel like a jingoistic sheeple today.

http://msunderestimated.com/NBCQuestionsKobesPatriotism.wmv

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Kobe Bryant
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 09:43:40 PM »
Regardless of his politics, and I don't know where his lie, his head is in the right place.  Major props to Kobe.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 11:09:18 PM »
That jackass Cris Collinsworth seems confounded that Kobe stated he was proud to be an American. Sumbitch's been hanging around Keith Olbermann a slight too much.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 11:46:48 PM by Odin's Hand »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 11:16:24 PM »
Regardless of his politics, and I don't know where his lie, his head is in the right place.  Major props to Kobe.
Kobe made being a USA representative cool -- when someone with his background says "I got goosebumps" from being an Olympic Representative, then he has maturity.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 05:13:36 PM »
Kobe made being a USA representative cool -- when someone with his background says "I got goosebumps" from being an Olympic Representative, then he has maturity.

May Kobe slam one over Olbermann's dumb ass.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Flame

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 03:50:10 PM »
Go Kobe!  Good to see someone who isn't "embarrased to be an American"!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 04:46:53 PM »

Kobe went up a whole bunch of notches in my book.  Collinsworth went down double that number.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 01:44:10 PM »

Kobe went up a whole bunch of notches in my book.  Collinsworth went down double that number.

He didn't have far to fall to hit rock bottom in my book. He's always been a smarmy- acting douchebag.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi