Author Topic: Republicans working with, praising Trump can only mean one thing.  (Read 1719 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
scheming daemons (23,020 posts)

Kompromat.

Lindsey Graham was very critical of Donald Trump during the campaign and in the first months of the Trump presidency. Then he went golfing with Trump.... and has been a loyal sycophant ever since.

Rand Paul was very critical of Donald Trump during the campaign and had a seeming independence from Trump during the first few months of the administration. Then he went golfing with Trump.... and has been a loyal sycophant ever since.

Bob Corker, just two months ago, talked about trying to limit Trump's ability to launch nuclear weapons. He mocked Trump by saying he needed adult day care to keep his tweeting in check. Then he had a private meeting with Trump... and has been a loyal sycophant ever since.

Ted Cruz called Trump a pathological liar. Refused to endorse Trump during his speech at the RNC convention in 2016. Trump accused his father of being part of the plot to kill JFK. Then he met with Trump.... and has been a loyal sycophant ever since.

Ben Sasse, Orin Hatch, Marco Rubio, Susan Collins. All of which were very critical of Trump at points... have now fallen in line and are falling over each other with praise of Dear Leader Donald Trump.

Donald has mafia ties. It is no secret. I am suggesting he has compromising information on several of these individuals and is getting them to "play ball" by blackmailing them. Graham, Paul, and Corker have all turned on an absolute dime.

Trump is the Soprano President.

The good news is that Mueller has made a living taking down organized crime families.

The Velveteen Ocelot (56,232 posts)
3. Not the Mafia, the Russians.

Joy Reid interviewed someone who speculated that all this ass-kissing might be the result of some kind of blackmail Trump got from the Russians - who hacked the RNC, too.

Interviewing people who speculate and calling it evidence.

Demtexan (1,207 posts)
5. Sounds right to me.

Lots of money and videos.

brush (15,281 posts)
6. trump probably reminded them of certain funding arrangements they accepted from his friends

thbobby (266 posts)
18. I agree

Perhaps Trump threatened to expose their involvement with Russia. Mueller uses Trump to bring down the entire GOP and goes easier on him? I cannot imagine anyone not being blackmailed would kiss the ass of Trump, like they are doing. Trump would gladly sell out anyone - including his family - for his own good. Also explains why GOP is so complicit in trashing Mueller. Proclaimed principles - like respecting rule of law - be damned. Trump and the GOP are scared shitless.

So, you chimps think Trump's great Byzantine gambit is to threaten to expose others as belonging to the very criminal conspiracy you claim he is a primary member of.

ProudLib72 (5,700 posts)
8. For anyone saying it's Russia

Seriously, would they risk talking to Russia at this point? Earlier, around the time of the election, I can see it. In the middle of Russiagate, though (like with Corker)?! I'm not saying this is not possible. I am saying that, if communications of this sort are going on, surely our intelligence knows all about them.

But let's assume there is no contact with Russia now. Would that mean Pooty entrusted Dotard with all the kompromat up front? If so, then there is a lot of kompromat stored on some server in D.C. that I bet Mueller would love to get his hands on.

Clarity2 (204 posts)
10. Scott Pruitt

has that bullshit security booth that has a lock, is soundproof and apparently is swept for bugs. He alone could probably easily have that backchannel with Russia. What other reason would he need that room for?

ProudLib72 (5,700 posts)
12. But don't you think our intelligence would be on him like a hawk?

I'm actually hoping it's true that they are continuing to talk to Russia and Mueller is getting all the salient info. I'm not going to say that I don't believe the GOP and WH are that stupid because they certainly are.

Clarity2 (204 posts)
14. I dont know

how surveillance equipment, etc, works, but I have to think they could get around it in someway. Burner phones? Apps with disappearing messages? Even if its a delivered msg by hand. I do think theyre stupid enough to not be super careful. Trump’s tweets are proof of his lack of self-control, common sense and judgement.

Clarity2 (204 posts)
9. I think its prob russia

too, from the RNC hacking. I recall someone mentioning early in the year something about trump having cameras in trump hotels, and possibly catching gop members in compromising situations. Wouldnt surprise me if hes got various info on them since he’s a dirt collector with lots of connections including giuliani who has connections to NY FBI (the supposed rogue office).

Their flipping support is certainly not normal.

DoctorJoJo (182 posts)
19. I've Been Saying The Ruskies Must Have ....

... kompromat on Miss Lindsey, and there is no one more susceptible to it than he. Talk about a 180* turn, it is like whiplash. Tells me more than ever that the Trump pee pee tapes are for real, too. They've got them both by the short-hairs! Classic KBG tactics or whatever TF they call it these days.

"Miss Lindsey"? Echoes of Joy Reid's slurs against Charlie Crist?

iluvtennis (4,027 posts)
20. I really suspect there is some truth to your hypothesis. #HurryUpMueller

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210013701
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

Re: Republicans working with, praising Trump can only mean one thing.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 08:21:02 AM »
Spin it however you like, DUmmies, the Rs got together and hammered out something they could all support. Unlike the OhBummer!Care the Ds got together and hammered out in 2010, these tax cuts will benefit, not hammer, the American people.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 07:15:14 PM »
Oh geez. We are back to like it was in the Bush admin... with President Trump being both a buffoon and a criminal mastermind.  All at the same time.   :mental:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 08:50:01 AM »
Oh geez. We are back to like it was in the Bush admin... with President Trump being both a buffoon and a criminal mastermind.  All at the same time.   :mental:

DU-folk recycle.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 09:49:00 PM »
They make a movie.

DUmp and DUmper    :rimshot:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 10:13:06 PM »
DU-folk recycle.
Next up:  Fake but accurate.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 07:50:02 AM »
Next up:  Fake but accurate.

Yep. With GWB it was the fake TANG memo. With Trump it is Russian Collusion.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 09:41:51 AM »

Yeah, funny how that works...   :confused:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2017, 10:18:37 AM »
It could mean many things.  Among them, that they are tired of pissing into the wind.  Or that they have decided wrestling with a pig is a lot more fun for the pig.  Or that they have finally realized the Dems aren't their pals after all, and they'd better start working with him and against the Dems or they'll all just get picked off one by one.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.