Author Topic: So, What Happened to Those Friday Indictments? Rockhead  (Read 1288 times)

Offline CC27

So, What Happened to Those Friday Indictments? Rockhead
« on: December 16, 2017, 02:06:18 PM »
MineralMan (101,205 posts)

So, What Happened to Those Friday Indictments?

Nothing happened to them. They were bogus in the first place. They were invented or fantasized by some so-called "journalists" on Twitter. Citing "sources" that exist only in their fevered brains, they hinted at indictments that were supposed to be issued on Friday. That stirred up the usual frantic postings on any number of political discussion forums and social media outlets. Some people got really excited and helped to spread those "reports" far and wide.

You'd think we'd learn. This is not the first time. It's not even the 12th time. Some will say, "But, remember when "whoever" got it right back in 2016?" If we're paying attention, we realize that guessing correctly once in a while does not establish reliability. It's just lucky.

Anyone who is following the news coming out of DC, the Mueller investigation and the tweeted utterances of the person in the White House is capable of making predictions about upcoming news events. And anyone is just about as likely to be correct as the popular Twitter "journalists" everyone quoted on Thursday. Anyone!

Why don't the mainstream media tell us about these blockbuster upcoming news events? Because they, just like the Twitter pretend journalism brigade, don't have any information to indicate that news will be breaking shortly. Rather than making speculative predictions, they watch and wait and inform us about things that have happened, rather than prognosticating about what might happen. They're responsible journalists, not people trying to increase traffic and followers on monetized blogs and social media outlets.

We should learn. We probably won't though. We'll probably hear some new announcement about "sources" saying that big news is about to break. We'll probably post that on our favorite Internet venues and stir up yet another firestorm of anticipation. Some of us will do that. Others will see the postings, check their sources, and move on with our day. Some of us will wait to see what has happened, rather than get all bent out of shape about questionable predictions of what will happen.

News is about events that have occurred.

News is not guesses about what will occur. That's something other than news.

We all should be able to tell the difference, I think.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029990215

I bet you believed it asshole. Fitmas cancelled again.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: So, What Happened to Those Friday Indictments? Rockhead
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 03:53:03 PM »

So, What Happened to Those Friday Indictments? They were vapor, like a fart, some sound, some smell, then nothing!

Nothing happened to them. They were bogus in the first place. They were invented or fantasized by some so-called "journalists" on Twitter. Citing "sources" that exist only in their fevered brains, they hinted at indictments that were supposed to be issued on Friday. That stirred up the usual frantic postings on any number of political discussion forums and social media outlets. Some people got really excited and helped to spread those "reports" far and wide. All you stooges are being played, The Russian trolls are jerking your chain to pick you up then step on you like a roach. :argh: :argh:

You'd think we'd learn. This is not the first time. It's not even the 12th time. Some will say, "But, remember when "whoever" got it right back in 2016?" If we're paying attention, we realize that guessing correctly once in a while does not establish reliability. It's just lucky.
All you lefty's are to f**king stupid to learn. You are blinded by hate, stupidity and believing in nothing burgers. :banghead: :banghead:

Reality is a bitch, you just found out there is no Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy and Unicorns all in one day. Life for all you dipshit's sucks doesn't it. Being a loser is tough. :loser: :loser: :bird: :bird: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline hillneck

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 04:35:45 PM »

Well Rock Head, as always you get reminded on how Charlie Brown feels playing football with Lucy.   :loser:
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 10:29:06 PM »

Rock Head created this thread as a passive-aggressive mansplaining response to primitive MelissaB, who had the temerity to sass him in this other thread:

Response to MelissaB (Original post)Fri Dec 15, 2017, 12:00 PM
Star Member MineralMan (101,212 posts)
100. Sounds more like an STFU day to me.

Here it is, tomorrow already. If you buckled up, you can pull the lever now and unfasten your seat belt. The Captain has turned off the seat belt sign. You're free to move about in the cabin, but please keep your seat belt buckled when you are seated.
Response to MineralMan (Reply #100)Fri Dec 15, 2017, 12:23 PM
Star Member MelissaB (12,532 posts)
105. What would we do without the ever all-knowing poster?

I just don't know...
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029984222
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 07:07:43 AM »
Rock Head created this thread as a passive-aggressive mansplaining response to primitive MelissaB, who had the temerity to sass him in this other thread:
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029984222

That's why I've been calling him CassandraMan. He's telling DU-folk a truth they don't want to hear, so they are mocking him and dismissing what he says. Excellent :cheersmate:  :popcorn:  :cheersmate: !
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 09:14:20 AM »

You'd think we'd learn. This is not the first time. It's not even the 12th time.

Oh, damn...   :lmao:

Yeah, DUmmie, you'd think that would happen, but I promise it won't.

Why don't the mainstream media tell us about these blockbuster upcoming news events?  Rather than making speculative predictions, they watch and wait and inform us about things that have happened, rather than prognosticating about what might happen. They're responsible journalists...

Brian Ross of ABC was unavailable for comment...

News is about events that have occurred.

News is not guesses about what will occur. That's something other than news.

Will wonders never cease?  Rockhead just figured out that President Trump was right and the "mainstream" media is fake news.

Good job, DUmmie!
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840