Author Topic: Trump administration wants to move government offices out of Washington  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Old n Grumpy

Trump administration wants to move government offices out of Washington.

This would spread jobs and wealth over a greater area. However I think we should outsource it to India. Government would be so cheap we could have 2 more and it still would cost less. :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Re: Trump administration wants to move government offices out of Washington
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 02:00:12 PM »
Trump administration wants to move government offices out of Washington.

This would spread jobs and wealth over a greater area. However I think we should outsource it to India. Government would be so cheap we could have 2 more and it still would cost less. :-)

Quite frankly, I think that is an EXCELLENT idea.
I saw someone else suggest this once a long time ago, and couldn't agree more. They had also suggested what I thought was brilliant in that these offices had to also re-locate every 4 years with the national election to keep poison roots from growing in one spot.
This makes them shed low-level staff who grow corrupt, and above all, keeps the DC swamp evaporated, not letting the tainted water rise to the level where anything can be hidden by it.

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 02:46:49 PM »
mmm My first reaction was: we will have that crap all over, look at Louis Lerner and Cincinnati IRS. But you know if they are moved every fur years it just might work out.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 03:05:42 PM »
Quite frankly, I think that is an EXCELLENT idea.
I saw someone else suggest this once a long time ago, and couldn't agree more. They had also suggested what I thought was brilliant in that these offices had to also re-locate every 4 years with the national election to keep poison roots from growing in one spot.
This makes them shed low-level staff who grow corrupt, and above all, keeps the DC swamp evaporated, not letting the tainted water rise to the level where anything can be hidden by it.

I may not be the same person you're thinking of, but I have maintained that moving the government to Dubuque, IA and have them take up office wherever they can find it, would keep the festering chancre sore that is D.C. at least honest.

You know, have the Senate move upstairs over the Moose Lodge. The House can have that abandoned Motel Six over on the Business Loop. And the Supreme Court can move into that burned out crack house over on Elm St.

The rest of the lobbyists and public-teat suckers are on their own.

Rinse and repeat, at least once every 50 years. Of course, it wouldn't take that long for the infection to grow and we'd have to lance that boil that Dubuque will have become, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 05:12:57 PM »
I may not be the same person you're thinking of, but I have maintained that moving the government to Dubuque, IA and have them take up office wherever they can find it, would keep the festering chancre sore that is D.C. at least honest.

You know, have the Senate move upstairs over the Moose Lodge. The House can have that abandoned Motel Six over on the Business Loop. And the Supreme Court can move into that burned out crack house over on Elm St.

The rest of the lobbyists and public-teat suckers are on their own.

Rinse and repeat, at least once every 50 years. Of course, it wouldn't take that long for the infection to grow and we'd have to lance that boil that Dubuque will have become, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

This is the age of cheap bandwidth. We do this ALL the time. Centrally located electronic services and make the bastards move constantly. all they need are desks, phones, high speed private circuit, and basic security. all that can be established inside 60 days without issue at all. I do this several times per month for various clients... it's not rocket science either.
It's not supposed to be fun and comfortable being a politician, not is it supposed to be a damned career, and we need to fix that problem.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 10:09:45 AM »
This is the age of cheap bandwidth. We do this ALL the time. Centrally located electronic services and make the bastards move constantly. all they need are desks, phones, high speed private circuit, and basic security. all that can be established inside 60 days without issue at all. I do this several times per month for various clients... it's not rocket science either.
It's not supposed to be fun and comfortable being a politician, not is it supposed to be a damned career, and we need to fix that problem.

I've been asked, "What's your problem with Dubuque, IA?" And my answer is, "Nothing. It just sounds like 'puke' which is a lot more descriptive of the pus-filled chancre sores that are career politicians."

A lot of people look at me like I have a screw loose. Which is, of course, true.

:-)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.