Author Topic: an eminently sensible suggestion  (Read 1494 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
an eminently sensible suggestion
« on: December 05, 2017, 06:37:10 PM »
It seems I’ve by accident discovered a way to cut down on wasteful social services spending, and I’m truly surprised nobody else seems to have thought of it.

Today I learned that despite I am too weak and too fragile to do anything else, the single fact that I can step outside to put out food and water for the cats, is enough to insist I’m not “homebound.”

Just that, and I’m not “homebound.”

And hence not eligible for all sorts of services for those too crippled to do many of their daily chores and routines.

Well, okay then.  I accept, and shall adapt and move on.

But this seems an excellent way to cut down on wasteful social spending, to squeeze the primitives—slowly and in increments, tighten up the restrictions for public assistance to where no one at all qualifies for them.

And if no one qualifies, well…..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now, being a fiscal and social conservative, I suppose I’m in an embarrassing position here, like so many of the primitives dependent upon social services, especially medical.

I don’t like it any more than I used to, but at least unlike the primitives, I feel guilty living off the sweat and toil of other people…..and even more importantly, am grateful to God for it.

Some might point out that I “earned” it, from all the social security and medicare taxes I’ve paid in my life, but that’s true only to a tiny, nearly nonexistent extent. 

People generally have an exaggerated notion of how much they’d paid into social security and medicare—especially primitives, who suppose they’ve paid tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars into those fund over their working life.

I paid a good amount in such taxes, but because of constant increases in benefits, by the fourth month I was on social security disability—and even before being put on medicare (I’m under 65 years of age)—I’d already gotten more back than what I ever paid in.

So yes, I paid into it, but I’ve long depended on the largesse of the taxpayers since then.

While I take it, it’s with a great deal of private embarrassment…..and gratitude.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

But really, I think budget cutters, instead of enduring the onus and ire of the primitives for taking away their free rides, ought to use this approach.  Rather than cutting a budget, quietly raising the minimum standards so that after a while no primitive qualifies for it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: an eminently sensible suggestion
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 08:17:56 AM »
The real problem is that the standard applied to you, a white male in rural Nebraska, is not the same standard that is applied to a white woman in Maryland, a Black man in New York, or a Chicano genderwhatever in California.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 09:39:07 AM »
I have no problem giving to those who really need it. However it has become a lifestyle for way to many.

It definately needs to be tightened up and made into a limited time benefit, not a multi generational way to live.

The problem is none of the politicians have the fortitude to enact any changes. As soon as welfare reform is mentioned the left starts with their chants of "people will die!"
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 11:21:57 AM »
I have no problem giving to those who really need it. However it has become a lifestyle for way to many.

It definately needs to be tightened up and made into a limited time benefit, not a multi generational way to live.

The problem is none of the politicians have the fortitude to enact any changes. As soon as welfare reform is mentioned the left starts with their chants of "people will die!"

The vote of a person leeching through life on government largess counts as much as yours, mine, or any other vote...and it's one whole hell of a lot more predictable.

:(
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline sneakypete1

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 08:53:08 AM »

So yes, I paid into it, but I’ve long depended on the largesse of the taxpayers since then.

While I take it, it’s with a great deal of private embarrassment…..and gratitude.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

But really, I think budget cutters, instead of enduring the onus and ire of the primitives for taking away their free rides, ought to use this approach.  Rather than cutting a budget, quietly raising the minimum standards so that after a while no primitive qualifies for it.

WHY? It's a freaking insurance program,and you paid into it every week IN ORDER TO BE INSURED IN CASE YOU BECAME UNABLE TO WORK.

Before you hang your head in shame,tell me this,IF it were your choice,would you continue to draw disability,or would you go back to work and continue to contribute to the program with every paycheck?

I also draw SS benefits,and I am NOT going to apologize to anyone for it. I paid in,even when I barely had enough money left over to eat. I even paid in when I was living in a car or the bed of a pickup. I paid it for years and never once bitched about paying in because I knew that if I lived long enough,one day I would need to collect my due because I would be unable to work due to age,injury,disease,or all three.

DO NOT LET ANYONE dump on you for collecting your due.

Not even yourself.