Author Topic: It's official - We've parted ways over politics  (Read 1083 times)

Offline zeitgeist

It's official - We've parted ways over politics
« on: December 05, 2017, 03:58:40 PM »
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??  No I say.  This thread is an absolute hoot to read if you reverse the names Trump and Obama.  Projection at its finest, this turkey missed Thanksgiving by this  :thumbs: much  DUmbasses are REC'ing this to the tune of 238 at the moment and it has over 120 replies when last I browsed.  They are indeed a sorry group of sad sacks.

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/10029926640

KentuckyWoman (1,719 posts)

I've tried every which way to understand the hate that has consumed what used to be my brother.

I've always considered him the smartest one of us.... with several different kinds of intelligence. He was gifted at birth with book smarts, mechanical ability, a great sense of humor, and a heart in the right place. The man he grew into made me honored to be his sister.

He had a heart bypass around the same time Barack Obama TRUMP was running for president. For a long time I blamed the change on the bypass. I've seen people become angry and agitated for a long time after bypass... sometimes years. But this was different. It became toxic. He acquired Obama TRUMPderangement syndrome to the point it was difficult to have even a family business conversation with him that didn't veer off into a rant again Barack Obama.TRUMP

About 2 years ago there came an even uglier edge to his comments. A racism I am ashamed exists in my own family. He supported Trump OBAMA full bore and still makes no excuses for it. He told me "today Trump OBAMA should dissolve the Congress."

It was the last straw. I started crying. I told him all of the above in quiet tones. I told him I don't know if it was the bypass or that Trump has made him feel bold enough to speak out racism I never knew he had, but he's barely recognizable as my brother anymore. I told him I don't understand the anger and hatred. I told him he only has one life and it's about over. He's over 70 yrs old. He's had 3 heart attacks. His last one could be any time. He deserves more happiness in his old age. I could not stop crying.

He wasn't reachable. He yelled, he called me horrid names. He left.

This was a week ago. I have barely stopped crying since. My husband is beside himself.... wants to fix it. He can't. It is what it is.

I want to hate the architects of hate radio, and the politics of this age. They stole my brother from me. My only brother.

I want to hate them. But I can't. I just want my brother back. While he breathes on this earth, I have hope.

This post is in honor of all of us who have lost someone out of our lives because insanity has taken over the day. Nearly all of us have lost someone dear. If you have, I hope you will remember them here. Let them not be lost forever. Let us try to find hope.

DUREC 258

I suspect the majority of them never fully recovered from BDS.  They are so predictable.  As Dean Wormer stated:

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: It's official - We've parted ways over politics
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 07:01:04 PM »
You disown a family member and accuse him of "hate".  :whatever:

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 08:13:33 PM »
merge with mine, please...

beat ya!

:naughty:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 08:36:24 PM »
KentuckyWoman (1,719 posts)

I've tried every which way to understand the hate that has consumed what used to be my brother.

I've always considered him the smartest one of us.... with several different kinds of intelligence. He was gifted at birth with book smarts, mechanical ability, a great sense of humor, and a heart in the right place. The man he grew into made me honored to be his sister.

<bunch of BS>

Perhaps you should try to understand his position in regards to you. I'm sure he does not spout "hate" as you call it. He just disagrees with you. That counts as "hate" in your book.  Heart bypass probably does not have anything to do with it unless he got nailed with a big bill that he has to pay while your type get free medicaid.

That would piss any sane person off. Hell it pisses me off and I ain't even involved. If it wasn't for people like him and me, and our insurance giving cover for the skimpy medicaid/medicare reimbursement rate, YOUR damn taxes would be way higher.  Yes yours. Mine. Everyone's.  Fact is medicaid is the big driver of medical costs. (I give a pass to medicare cause those folks actually paid into it) 

Ask any hospital admin. They will tell you.

You said he was the smart one so I assume he has a good job. Might not be a good idea to piss him off cause you might need him to loan you some money later on... which seems to happen to you dummies quite often.

5 cents please.

Wait!!!!  I got an idea!!!! You should go on to the Dr. Phil show. At least they will pay you something for spouting your insanity. 
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 04:08:00 AM »
Perhaps you should try to understand his position in regards to you. I'm sure he does not spout "hate" as you call it. He just disagrees with you. That counts as "hate" in your book.  Heart bypass probably does not have anything to do with it unless he got nailed with a big bill that he has to pay while your type get free medicaid.

That would piss any sane person off. Hell it pisses me off and I ain't even involved. If it wasn't for people like him and me, and our insurance giving cover for the skimpy medicaid/medicare reimbursement rate, YOUR damn taxes would be way higher.  Yes yours. Mine. Everyone's.  Fact is medicaid is the big driver of medical costs. (I give a pass to medicare cause those folks actually paid into it) 

Ask any hospital admin. They will tell you.

You said he was the smart one so I assume he has a good job. Might not be a good idea to piss him off cause you might need him to loan you some money later on... which seems to happen to you dummies quite often.

5 cents please.

Wait!!!!  I got an idea!!!! You should go on to the Dr. Phil show. At least they will pay you something for spouting your insanity.

Shouldn't you be charging another 5 cents, seeing that the last sentence is another idea totally?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 07:55:20 AM »
Sounds like you are constipated, take a laxative then go make us some sammichs
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!