Author Topic: Kate Steinle shooting: Jury acquits Jose Ines Garcia Zarate  (Read 4549 times)

Offline mrclose

Kate Steinle shooting: Jury acquits Jose Ines Garcia Zarate
« on: November 30, 2017, 06:50:32 PM »

FU$%ING @ZZHOLE JURORS!  :argh:

SAN FRANCISCO — After nearly a week of deliberations, a jury of six men and six women found an undocumented immigrant accused of fatally shooting 32-year-old Kate Steinle two years ago at San Francisco’s Pier 14 not guilty of homicide.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/30/kate-steinle-shooting-jury-reaches-verdict/
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Kate Steinle shooting: Jury acquits Jose Ines Garcia Zarate
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 06:56:31 PM »
All they got him on was the felony use of a semiautomatic firearm by a felon.  I do have to say that my classmate, on FNC, is incredulous that the prosecution couldn't even get an involuntary manslaughter conviction.  I have to say that I feel the same way that she does.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 08:33:55 PM »
I know it's a bad time but I wonder if the parents have had a change of heart over "Sanctuary Cities?"

Kate Steinle's parents came out in 2015 and said they didn't like the use of the term "Kate's Law" for the Federal law under consideration to cut funding to sanctuary cities because they were not necessarily against sanctuary cities.

“We didn’t have a stance against sanctuary city,” Jim Steinle said in 2015, adding “We wanted to make darn sure that people understand that, because that’s kind of the hot-button issue locally.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/341137-kate-steinles-father-we-didnt-coin-kates-law

~ Anonymous

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 08:52:30 PM »
san francisco jury.....

nuff said
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 09:07:47 PM »
Politically motivated verdict.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 09:23:26 PM »
Disgusting.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 09:35:53 PM »

Police lives matter.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 03:07:35 AM »
The AP reported that ICE will deport him when he is released from jail.

**** that, they need to see if there are any federal charges they can bring.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 07:31:17 AM »
The AP reported that ICE will deport him when he is released from jail.

**** that, they need to see if there are any federal charges they can bring.

Isn't the one they did convict him on--possession of a firearm by a felon--a Federal charge?

I'd like to see him 'deported' from a C-130 at 30,000 feet--no parachute, just drop the back door and push him out. :rant: :argh: :thatsright:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 07:37:02 AM »
All this should show us all just how screwed, blued, and tattooed the so-called "justice" system is, at least in Commiefornia.

That said, we should (but won't) figure out that illegal immigration is the first step in what might become a series of illegal behaviors. Not all illegals are violent criminals, but they damned sure are criminals nonetheless.

Too many bleeding hearts these days, who want to follow the example set by Europe. And we see just what's become of that f'n hellhole.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 07:37:56 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong in believing what MSM fok have reported, but my understanding is that Steinle was hit by the bullet after it ricocheted. IOW, the gun was not aimed at her. As POed as I am by the simple fact that had SFPD cooperated with the Feds and the Feds had done their job (doubtful during the Obama MALAdministration) Kate Steimle would be alive today, that simple fact which proves that the gun was not aimed at her, precluded any degree of murder. BSS is correct, IMO, negligent homicide should have been among the charges against the guy. His defense that, "I picked up and the gun went off," was all but an admission of guilt on a negligent homicide charge.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 07:43:57 AM »
The fact that he fired the gun is enough that he should be responsible for her death. If you go out in your yard and fire a gun in the air and the bullet hits some one you are responsible.

Also the POS lawyers for him had to use this as an opportunity to slam Trump, that really pissed me off as well. :argh: :censored: :bird: :rant:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 08:24:25 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong in believing what MSM fok have reported, but my understanding is that Steinle was hit by the bullet after it ricocheted. IOW, the gun was not aimed at her. As POed as I am by the simple fact that had SFPD cooperated with the Feds and the Feds had done their job (doubtful during the Obama MALAdministration) Kate Steimle would be alive today, that simple fact which proves that the gun was not aimed at her, precluded any degree of murder. BSS is correct, IMO, negligent homicide should have been among the charges against the guy. His defense that, "I picked up and the gun went off," was all but an admission of guilt on a negligent homicide charge.

Based on what I've read, one of the many stories Zarate told investigators (and the most plausible) is that he fired randomly in the crowd on purpose.  Whether it ricocheted or not is irrelevant.

There are very few scenarios where I see a jury in SF acquitting someone charged with an offense using a gun, especially one that results in death.   This would be one of those (favored groups murdering less favored or even hated groups).

What's even more grotesque is the the comments by the defense attorneys after the verdict.
Deplorable since 2016

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 08:27:58 AM »
This was a California jury. The same California that couldn't convict OJ, the cops that beat Rodney King and it took them twice before they got the Menedez brothers. They have better luck convicting the innocent (McMartin Preschool),
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline sneakypete

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 08:50:19 AM »
All they got him on was the felony use of a semiautomatic firearm by a felon.  I do have to say that my classmate, on FNC, is incredulous that the prosecution couldn't even get an involuntary manslaughter conviction.  I have to say that I feel the same way that she does.

You REALLY think a majority His and Her Panic jury in Mexico North is going to convict a brown illegal alien of ANYTHING?
In the entire history of the world,the only nations that had to build walls to keep their own citizens from leaving were those with leftist governments.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 10:30:38 AM »
You REALLY think a majority His and Her Panic jury in Mexico North is going to convict a brown illegal alien of ANYTHING?

Did you read BSS's first sentence? Or a news report about this trial? The guy was convicted by that jury on the charge of being a felon and using a gun.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 10:41:45 AM »
Did you read BSS's first sentence? Or a news report about this trial? The guy was convicted by that jury on the charge of being a felon and using a gun.

That charge is a State charge, not a Federal one, if I'm reading this correctly.  I think I heard that it carries a sentence of 2 years in State prison.  The Feds are weighing whether or not the can bring Federal charges.

Chase her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 11:39:47 AM »
Here is a relevant quote from an article by a prosecutor in the LA area:

Lawsplainer: The California Homicide Statutes Relevant To The Steinle Murder Case

If Zarate had pointed a gun at Kate Steinle and willfully pulled the trigger, knowing that act could kill her, he would have been guilty of at least second-degree murder. If he had intended to kill her and acted with premeditation and deliberation, he would have been guilty of first-degree murder. The jury clearly didn’t buy either scenario, which (as Sarah Rumpf explained earlier) is hardly shocking, given that the single fatal shot ricocheted off of the ground, and the interview of the defendant did not clearly establish that he pulled the trigger (as opposed to discharging the gun accidentally).

But what about this idea that he was negligent? This is what seems to outrage people: surely this was at least criminally negligent homicide!
So what is criminal negligence in California? The instructions that a judge reads to jurors say, in part:

Criminal negligence involves more than ordinary carelessness, inattention, or mistake in judgment. A person acts with criminal negligence when:

1. He or she acts in a reckless way that creates a high risk of death or great bodily injury;

AND

2. A reasonable person would have known that acting in that way would create such a risk.

In other words, a person acts with criminal negligence when the way he or she acts is so different from the way an ordinarily careful person would act in the same situation that his or her act amounts to disregard for human life or indifference to the consequences of that act.

1. Involuntary Manslaughter is something the jury would have considered.

2. Ordinary carelessness is not criminal negligence.

Offline sneakypete

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2017, 02:54:24 PM »

Yes,I read it,and dismissed it because the conviction was for  BS charge,and he is going to walk.
In the entire history of the world,the only nations that had to build walls to keep their own citizens from leaving were those with leftist governments.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2017, 04:59:19 PM »
Yes,I read it,and dismissed it because the conviction was for  BS charge,and he is going to walk.

DOJ demands custody of Steinle killer

The Trump administration moved Friday to claim custody of the illegal immigrant who killed Kate Steinle, saying he violated the terms of his probation and should be sent back to federal prison. The move is aimed at taking Jose Inez Garcia Zarate away from California officials, after a jury in that state acquitted him Thursday of murder and manslaughter charges stemming from the Steinle killing. A Justice Department official said there’s an existing federal detainer requiring Garcia Zarate to be remanded to U.S. Marshals and sent to a federal court in Texas to answer for the probation violation.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/1/doj-demands-custody-steinle-killer/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

~ Anonymous

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2017, 06:05:47 PM »
A Justice Department official said there’s an existing federal detainer requiring Garcia Zarate to be remanded to U.S. Marshals and sent to a federal court in Texas to answer for the probation violation.

Come on down!  We'd love to show ol' Zarate a good time down here in the great state of Tejas.  :naughty:
Deplorable since 2016

Offline SVPete

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2017, 07:24:27 PM »

He was convicted of a felony, and faces two years in prison. Places like San Quentin, Folsom, and Soledad are not resorts, and those are the kind of place he'd end up.

Much as I wish it were more, it's what the evidence proved. He would not have gotten murder of any degree in any state, based on the evidence. The fact that the bullet ricocheted off the ground proves he was not aiming at Kate Steinle or anyone else, and therefore Kate Steinle's death was not murder. Maybe in states with a looser definition of negligence - if there are any - he might have gotten involuntary manslaughter.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2018, 11:03:28 PM »
Illegal Alien Acquitted of Murdering Kate Steinle Sues Feds for ‘Vindictive Prosecution’
http://www.breitbart.com/california/2018/03/15/kate-steinle-garcia-zarate-sues-federal-government-vindictive-prosecution-collusion/

Jose Inez Garcia-Zarate, the illegal alien acquitted last year of murdering 32-year-old Kate Steinle in July 2015, has sued the federal government, demanding that it produce documents “pertaining to vindictive prosecution and collusion” with the state government in its prosecution against him.

In November, a San Francisco jury found Garcia-Zarate not guilty of murdering Steinle, agreeing that although he had the gun from which the fatal shot was fired, the discharge could have been accidental.

The jury did convict Garcia-Zarate of felony possession of a weapon. He had seven previous felony convictions and had been deported five times before finding “sanctuary” on the streets of San Francisco, a noted “sanctuary city.”

Vindictive Prosecution? Can anyone explain that? He killed Kate Steinle and got acquitted.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2018, 04:40:46 AM »
Illegal Alien Acquitted of Murdering Kate Steinle Sues Feds for ‘Vindictive Prosecution’
http://www.breitbart.com/california/2018/03/15/kate-steinle-garcia-zarate-sues-federal-government-vindictive-prosecution-collusion/

Vindictive Prosecution? Can anyone explain that? He killed Kate Steinle and got acquitted.

Just another example of how, in this system that's become mind-numbingly stupid,  the illegal perp becomes the victim. Wouldn't surprise me one iota that the perp wins the lawsuit and collects $220K per year in perpetuity. And a green card, of course, all courtesy of the taxpayer. 
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2018, 09:12:42 AM »
Jose Inez Garcia-Zarate, the illegal alien acquitted last year of murdering 32-year-old Kate Steinle in July 2015, has sued the federal government, demanding that it produce documents “pertaining to vindictive prosecution and collusion” with the state government in its prosecution against him.
this guy needs to have a meeting with Mr. Mayhem...

Police lives matter.