Author Topic: Insufferable Ass begging for someone to beat him up ...  (Read 2108 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Insufferable Ass begging for someone to beat him up ...
« on: November 21, 2017, 12:24:59 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029871374

MineralMan (100,449 posts)

Here's an Idea: What if Men Spoke Out in the Workplace and Elsewhere When

others engage in sexual banter and sexual joke-telling? What if some guy in the room said, "Hey, knock that off. It's inappropriate?"

What if they did that, even when there were no women within earshot? Wouldn't that be refreshing?

What if everyone extended that to speaking out when bigotry, racism, misogyny and other negative views were expressed, either in jokes or in statements? What if they did that, even when people who are the target aren't present?

Now, there's an idea that should have universal support here on DU, I think.

I'll tell ya what would happen in my world, MM.  You'd get an ass whupping like you've never had.  Well, to be fair, you would probably be asked to shut up a couple of times first, but once you started reeling off your holier than thou bullshit, you'd get punched square in the face.  And you would have it coming.  YOU are not the arbiter of what is, or is not, worth talking about or listening to, you pompous, self righteous, ass.

I will be surprised if those at DU don't put you in your place over this.  Mostly because what offends them isn't the same.  They wouldn't want you deciding what was offensive.  I don't like a woman driving a pickup truck around with foul language spread all across the back for little children to see, but it's her right.  AND you and your ilk find nothing wrong with it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

Re: Insufferable Ass begging for someone to beat him up ...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 12:31:06 PM »
I don't know about other places, but at work we make jokes about  reporting someone to management for making sexist/racist/homophobic jokes.

We have a gay Mexican at our shop and he even makes homo jokes sometime.  :-)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 12:36:40 PM »
I don't know about other places, but at work we make jokes about  reporting someone to management for making sexist/racist/homophobic jokes.

We have a gay Mexican at our shop and he even makes homo jokes sometime.  :-)

I work in the refineries, with welders, operators, fitters, iron workers ... it's what we do.  They don't mind if you don't join in, but you best damn sure not try to tell them what they can and cannot talk about.  And the women on the jobs, hell they're worse than the men most times!  LOL 

You haven't lived until you're crawling through a manway to gain access to the inside of a vessel or tank and some female hole watch grabs your ass as your crawling in ... or reaches a little lower to get a jump out of you.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 12:55:22 PM »
maxsolomon (15,546 posts)
12. I don't get much opportunity at my workplace

Because no one says that shit. We're professionals. It's not a locker room.

I concentrate my efforts thusly:

I have, when appropriate, taken older superiors aside and told them their antiquated language caused offence. Then, after I picked myself off the floor,  I signed up for unemployment that afternoon.

I have re-directed meetings to women who were interrupted by men. I told them to go make us some sammiches.

I have echoed and credited women who's good ideas were overlooked.And I reminded them not to forget the mustard.

I have told women after meetings "yes, I heard that", and told them I'd have their back if they responded forcefully next time.
Now finish making the sammiches as we are hungry.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 01:24:28 PM »
Hey maxsolomon:

You're a ****in' metrosexual *****.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 01:30:20 PM »
Hey maxsolomon:

You're a ****in' metrosexual *****.

And probably still trying to get his first piece of ass.

KC

*Stolen

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 04:23:30 PM »
The biggest challenge for DUmmies correcting workplace speech is that in order to correct workplace speech you need to be in the workforce.   :naughty:
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Delmar

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 07:51:07 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029871374

I'll tell ya what would happen in my world, MM.  You'd get an ass whupping like you've never had.  Well, to be fair, you would probably be asked to shut up a couple of times first, but once you started reeling off your holier than thou bullshit, you'd get punched square in the face.  And you would have it coming.  YOU are not the arbiter of what is, or is not, worth talking about or listening to, you pompous, self righteous, ass.

I will be surprised if those at DU don't put you in your place over this.  Mostly because what offends them isn't the same.  They wouldn't want you deciding what was offensive.  I don't like a woman driving a pickup truck around with foul language spread all across the back for little children to see, but it's her right.  AND you and your ilk find nothing wrong with it.

KC

At first glance it would appear that this primitive agrees with you but he gives away his motivation with the line about weapon of the right.  It's mostly been leftists that have been getting caught up in sexual harassment shenanigans lately.  If it was just people like O'Reilly, Ailes, and Judge Moore coming under fire, the primitive would be singing a different tune.

Response to MineralMan (Original post)Tue Nov 21, 2017, 01:12 PM
Doodley (2,037 posts)
11. If I wanted to be unpopular, I would object when other people have a bit of fun banter.

I would be an office a***hole who would ruin the fun for others.

This extreme political correctness needs to stop right now, and it is used as a weapon by the right.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 07:06:27 AM »
At first glance it would appear that this primitive agrees with you but he gives away his motivation with the line about weapon of the right.  It's mostly been leftists that have been getting caught up in sexual harassment shenanigans lately.  If it was just people like O'Reilly, Ailes, and Judge Moore coming under fire, the primitive would be singing a different tune.

I read that post differently than you.  I read his response to mean the right is calling out the left on trying to make everything politically correct, and we use it to win elections over the stupidity of what the left pushes.

KC

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 09:13:04 AM »
What if they did that, even when there were no women within earshot? Wouldn't that be refreshing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGsfUvkh2LE
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline landofconfusion80

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!

*Stolen

Offline sneakypete

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 08:59:43 AM »
I once said something at work at a Civil Service clerical job in Denver that MAY have been slightly non-PC,and one of the politically-active "OUT" lesbians working there didn't approve,and told me if I ever said something like that again she was going to have her girlfriend come in and "kick your ass."

My reply to her was,"Go ahead. Trot that nasty bitch out here,and I will pose for her first punch. Just tell her to make sure it is a good one because I will immediately be taking her freaking head off when I return the favor. You want to act like a man,I am more than happy to treat you like a man."   

Oddly enough I never heard another word from that dingbat,and her girlfriend never showed,either.

I pretty much went off on some non-PC rant everyday during break times and lunch hour,just to break the boredom and get people laughing. Most people enjoyed it and told me so,but rarely started a rant on their own because they wanted that job for a career and were afraid of being fired or getting a poor write-up. I was bored out of my mind and was hoping I would either be shot or fired so I could get away from it without quitting.

I once had a campaign going to hang every man over 5'10" for occupying too much space and breathing more than their "fair share of oxygen",and was trying to get a petition started.

Some people just don't have a sense of humor.
In the entire history of the world,the only nations that had to build walls to keep their own citizens from leaving were those with leftist governments.

Offline sneakypete

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 09:01:49 AM »
And probably still trying to get his first piece of ass.

KC

My guess is he is trying to BE someone's first piece of ass.
In the entire history of the world,the only nations that had to build walls to keep their own citizens from leaving were those with leftist governments.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 01:12:27 PM »
Star Member MineralMan (100,505 posts)
16. So, being popular is the operant goal?

Maybe you could provide some examples of the kind of "fun banter" you're talking about. Then, I might understand...

How about STFU, or go make me a sammich.  :lmao: :lmao:

You must be the life of the party telling everyone how to act, It sounds like you are asking to get your ass kicked. :mental: :thatsright: :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!