Author Topic: PC Really stands for Politely Correct, Rockhead  (Read 1549 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
PC Really stands for Politely Correct, Rockhead
« on: November 21, 2017, 08:40:07 AM »
MineralMan (100,425 posts)                    https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029870520

PC Really stands for Politely Correct,
not politically correct. Whenever I hear someone complain about political correctness (PC), I know I'm listening to someone who has prejudices of one kind or another and who believes that he or she should be able to express them at any time.

People who make racial, sexual, gender, race, ethnic, disability and other demeaning jokes in group settings are always taking a huge risk. In any group, there may well be people who know or are related to people who are in the group being demeaned. The jokester may well not know that. Why on Earth would anyone take that chance?

It's easy not to give offence. Simply avoid such jokes and don't utter them. Nothing is simpler than that. Be polite. Try not to give offense. How hard is that?

Politically correct, or as Rockhead says, Politely correct:

A method of controlling and dictating public speech and thought.

A way that we speak in America so we don't offend whining pussies.

<----- NOT politically correct.  :-)

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: PC Really stands for Politely Correct, Rockhead
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 08:42:10 AM »
Like anyone cares what that pasty old white assed faggot Rockhead thinks about anything?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 08:55:20 AM »
"Politely Correct" also states you can't say anything critical about liberal ideology but conservatism is fair game. Forget that.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 09:00:00 AM »
PC = Politically Correct. The term and acronym have 2 or 3 decades of usage. MM's efforts to redefine it aren't likely to succeed among DU-folk, who spent those decades denying the phenomenon exists.

The simpler word for MM's phrase is, "Polite". That's something DU-grade Libs & Progs have derided and eschewed since the 60s. They aren't likely to change their ways 4-5 decades later.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 09:17:49 AM »
Pure Crap, Pink Crinoline, Prudish Corruption, Probably Contrafactual...
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 09:17:58 AM »
To hear those special snowflakes tell it, you can't say ANYTHING, because you will offend someone. 

Ever heard the phrase 'Chink in the armor?'  A sportscaster was fired for using it.

How many other common phrases can be said to offend?  Even common words ... niggardly comes to mind.  Black hole was uttered by a Dallas councilman (I think) and a black man on the council was deeply 'offended.'

It's all just so stupid.  I refuse to buy into all this 'offended' bullshit by the PC leftists. 

All this stuff going down with the celebrities and others who have sexually offended/molested someone and NOW the DUmmies are talking about not being alone with the opposite sex in the same room ... hmmmm didn't they ****ing CASTIGATE Pence because he won't be alone with a woman other than his wife??

Just my thoughts.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 09:30:57 AM »
To hear those special snowflakes tell it, you can't say ANYTHING, because you will offend someone. 

Ever heard the phrase 'Chink in the armor?'  A sportscaster was fired for using it.

How many other common phrases can be said to offend?  Even common words ... niggardly comes to mind.  Black hole was uttered by a Dallas councilman (I think) and a black man on the council was deeply 'offended.'

It's all just so stupid.  I refuse to buy into all this 'offended' bullshit by the PC leftists. 

All this stuff going down with the celebrities and others who have sexually offended/molested someone and NOW the DUmmies are talking about not being alone with the opposite sex in the same room ... hmmmm didn't they ****ing CASTIGATE Pence because he won't be alone with a woman other than his wife??

Just my thoughts.

KC

Why yes, yes they did say that about Mike Pence.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 09:53:24 AM »
MineralMan (100,425 posts)                    https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029870520

not politically correct. Whenever I hear someone complain about political correctness (PC), I know I'm listening to someone who has prejudices of one kind or another and who believes that he or she should be able to express them at any time.

People who make racial, sexual, gender, race, ethnic, disability and other demeaning jokes in group settings are always taking a huge risk. In any group, there may well be people who know or are related to people who are in the group being demeaned. The jokester may well not know that. Why on Earth would anyone take that chance?

It's easy not to give offence. Simply avoid such jokes and don't utter them. Nothing is simpler than that. Be polite. Try not to give offense. How hard is that

It acts like there is a right to not be offended.  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 11:06:27 AM »
Can you show me where in the constitution is says you can't offend some one? If not Piss off. :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 12:25:45 PM »

The DUmbass doesn't get it. Several comedians, John Cleese being a prominent one have finally realized that politically correctness is damaging the ability to tell jokes and make fun of people for fear of being called racist or bigoted.

You can only make jokes about straight white males for so long before they cease to be funny.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 01:00:56 PM »
People who make racial, sexual, gender, race, ethnic, disability and other demeaning jokes in group settings are always taking a huge risk. In any group, there may well be people who know or are related to people who are in the group being demeaned.

So what? Who cares if they are offended, they need to grow a thicker skin. I have been called a lot of names in my life and could care less. This is AMERICA, you can be an asshole if you want. All you at the dump prove that multiple times a day. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 02:16:51 PM »

It's easy not to give offence. Simply avoid such jokes and don't utter them. Nothing is simpler than that. Be polite. Try not to give offense. How hard is that?

Deplorable since 2016

Offline Delmar

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 08:20:22 PM »
PC = Politically Correct. The term and acronym have 2 or 3 decades of usage. MM's efforts to redefine it aren't likely to succeed among DU-folk, who spent those decades denying the phenomenon exists.

The simpler word for MM's phrase is, "Polite". That's something DU-grade Libs & Progs have derided and eschewed since the 60s. They aren't likely to change their ways 4-5 decades later.

Rock Head's politely correct will probably catch on like his other brainchild PINO Trump.

Fri Jul 7, 2017, 02:53 PM
Star Member MineralMan (100,466 posts)

PINO - President in Name Only

Example: The PINO is currently in Germany for the G20 Summit.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029298789
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden