Author Topic: If the tax bill passes, nothing in your world will be the same either now or  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Mary Ann

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029868336

I just read this post to my dh. He doesn't do DU or CC or any other comment boards, just proclaimed Eliot Rosewater the dumbest person on the Internets. After a moment of reflection, I concurred.

If the tax bill passes, nothing in your world will be the same either now or

down the road.

This will be the single most overwhelming legislation doing harm to 90% of the public, it is simply off the charts.

End of Medicare, end of Obamacare, deficits like we have never seen that we simply cant recover from. Eventually end of Medicaid and Social Security, everything.

And millions of people who will be DEVASTATED by this are ROARING in approval.

Now THAT is a level of dumb that I dont think we can survive. But, VA surprised me in that I assumed all the democratic party attackers on the LEFT would **** that up, and they didnt.

So if it does pass, there is hope we can take the house in 18, but what cant be reversed?

I know we cant take the IMPOSTER occupier of the SC seat out of his seat, that is IRREVERSIBLE no matter how ABSURD it is that it was allowed to happen.

Dh is an accountant and he has read the bill. He figures it will save us about $2300 in taxes per year. Of course, it doesn't nearly make up for the $$$ that we will pay in premiums for the individual market health insurance that we will need after he retires in December (thanks, Obama,) but--as they say, it beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Offline SVPete

If DU-folk got ahold of a chronological record of Trump's BMs they'd find racism, a VRWC plot, and Russian collusion in it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GOP Congress

Tax cuts for overseas businesses is about it. Everyone else gets a lunch check reprieve. People that run mid-sized businesses are going to get a tax HIKE, particularly if they are in blue high-tax states.

If we had a REAL tax cut, it would be across the board, including the job producers. This is not even 1/100th of Reagan's tax cut. Hell, even Bush 43 had a bigger one!
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Lets see, the tax rate for everyone except the "1 %" goes down, DUmmies see doom and gloom...... :cheersmate:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline I_B_Perky

My two cents:

This is kinda like obumbles care. There are going to be winners and losers.  Looks to me like the losers are going to be in the high tax states. Winners will be those who do not itemize and small businesses.  The popularity will depend on if the winners outnumber the losers.

This tax bill does not bother me one damn bit.  I would like to point out though that the liberal idiots that inhabit these states will move to red states and vote the exact same way they did when they were in the high tax states.

A blurb in our local liberal rag said that the folks working for a masters or PHD, that get free tuition, will be taxed on it now instead of it being exempt. I like that as well.  Wish they would do the same for welfare.  The stipend practice at the universities is pretty much slave labor.  I think though that with the standard deduction these folks will still pay no taxes. Of course the article does not state that.
https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/education/grad-students-colleges-worry-about-republican-tax-reform/article_7d439759-2496-551b-bfe8-af2cbcdc4711.html

As long as it pisses off the dummies I would be willing to pay a little more just to see them jump off a bridge.   :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi