Author Topic: At the Fox-Watching in-laws for Thanksgiving. Atman  (Read 6054 times)

Offline CC27

At the Fox-Watching in-laws for Thanksgiving. Atman
« on: November 20, 2017, 08:44:17 AM »
Atman (30,813 posts)

At the Fox-Watching in-laws for Thanksgiving

I woke up to Al Franken histrionics. It eeas disgusting, the poor woman was sleeping, for God's sake! Why won't he resign for the good of the nation?

Well, since he won't do the right thing, we'll have to let the ethics committee sort it out. Oh, and Roy Moore is hangin' on, but he done anything in the last week to help himself.

We'll be checking in to a hotel tonight.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029866007

Hope you get heartburn.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: At the Fox-Watching in-laws for Thanksgiving. Atman
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 08:51:49 AM »
Why don't you just stay home and stew in your own hatred and misery.  :bird:

Here is another happy thread:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029865685
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 09:08:21 AM by Old n Grumpy »
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 09:00:19 AM »

Atman goes to the in-laws' every year for Thanksgiving, and always brings back a good bouncy.

I'll bet this year's is gonna be a doozy.

He likes his mother-in-law's cooking.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 09:09:36 AM »
Atman goes to the in-laws' every year for Thanksgiving, and always brings back a good bouncy.

She should read his post, then put some botulism in his cranberry sauce. :lmao:

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 10:05:47 AM »
Hope you get heartburn.

I prefer choke  :whistling:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 10:19:44 AM »
Wow! Free lodging over the weekend when motel taxes are high, as well as a free meal? Will he get some of the left-overs, too?

Geesh, what an ingrate and creep! He's lucky he hasn't been wallduded.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 01:06:55 PM »
Wow! Free lodging over the weekend when motel taxes are high, as well as a free meal? Will he get some of the left-overs, too?

Our good friend Atman's lying.

<<<knows.

Atman's not going to a motel; he's staying right with his in-laws.

He's cheap, remember; doesn't spend a cent if he doesn't have to.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 02:33:05 PM »

What's wallduded?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 03:08:53 PM »
What's wallduded?

It all happened before my time here on the Cave, but I believe "walldude" was the screen name of a DU member who worked at a car dealer. The guy got tired of customers changing the courtesy area TV to Fox News, so he changed it to MesSNBC and hid the remote above a ceiling tile so customers could not change the channel. He snickered about the trick he had done with his employer's property and word got back to the employer. The employer evidently confirmed the story (found the TV remote above the ceiling?) and canned the guy.

Maybe frank or someone else could retell/correct the story.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 03:35:08 PM »
It all happened before my time here on the Cave, but I believe "walldude" was the screen name of a DU member who worked at a car dealer. The guy got tired of customers changing the courtesy area TV to Fox News, so he changed it to MesSNBC and hid the remote above a ceiling tile so customers could not change the channel. He snickered about the trick he had done with his employer's property and word got back to the employer. The employer evidently confirmed the story (found the TV remote above the ceiling?) and canned the guy.

Nope. That covers the basics in a nutshell.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 03:35:27 PM »

Close, but you have to go back even further than Doug bulna and his remote hiding talents.  One primitive bragged about putting an offensive slide in a company presentation at a trade show. It was immediately reported to his bosses who terminated him. His name? Walldude
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 04:12:29 PM »

Close, but you have to go back even further than Doug bulna and his remote hiding talents.  One primitive bragged about putting an offensive slide in a company presentation at a trade show. It was immediately reported to his bosses who terminated him. His name? Walldude

Yepper, that's the deep origin of "walldude."

However, all the other comments about things that took place are true too; they just happened after the original wallduding.

The one involving the bitter old Vermontese cali primitive was especially hilarious because she did it to herself.  But unlike walrus-face, she didn't run away and hide in shame and embarrassment; she had the balls to stick around a while and admit she'd been wrong.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 04:15:41 PM »

Yep. Then he started thanking us claiming because this guy fired him he ended up with a better job. That was another lie (hard to believe, huh?) as we came to find out.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 04:31:57 PM »
Thanks loc80! :hi5:

My profile says I registered in 2009, and I did, but I wasn't around much from spring 2010 through spring 2014. So I pretty much missed all those good things that happened before 2014.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 04:43:40 PM »

No, his name was DainBramage
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 05:15:57 PM »

Yep, old boy sure is a creature of habit, isn't he?:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10024089729

ever want to see his wedding announcement?

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/124965680/

Rob is already making escape plans:

Response to Kleveland (Reply #2)Mon Nov 20, 2017, 09:21 AM
Star Member Atman (30,814 posts)
4. This will cost us some money.

We have a nice little beachside cottage booked for the end of the week. We'll be checking in a couple days early. Meanwhile, at least I've got headphones and a live stream of MSNBC on my iPhone.

A beachside cottage or a yurt again? If anybody gets around to it, look at his "portrait" of "Vince Van LeGogh" it's just as stupid as he is.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 05:26:52 PM »
We'll be checking in to a hotel tonight.

That's what you should have done in the first place, regardless of politics, you cheap bastard.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2017, 06:41:48 PM »

Here is another happy thread:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029865685

Yup, it's just like I told you guys in my pre- Thanksgiving PSA, we'd get at least one big post whining about what an evil holiday Thanksgiving is because settlers were mean to Indians (And the DUmmy threw in blacks in there as well for extra "White guilt" points).
Guess what, DUmmy:
The Pilgrims of Plymouth who were responsible for the first Thanksgiving got along VERY well with the Indians for a long time. On at least one occasion, they convicted and hanged a white criminal based solely on the testimony of an Indian. Relations between the Plymouth colony and the Indians didn't really start to sour until King Philip's War, which was over 50 years after the first Thanksgiving, when a new generation was in charge of the colonies who had forgotten just how screwed they would have been if not for the Indians' help.
As for what they and blacks have to be thankful for?
How's about the basic blessings of being alive, having loving families and friends, and being American citizens, just like everyone else should be thankful for.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2017, 07:10:34 PM »
Walldude called himself that because his job was setting up a video wall (Tiled screens I think) at trade shows, he foolishly bragged of getting over some political shenanigan on the job but was outed on his mad boast by one of our more sleuthy members, and lost his job over it.

There have been many idiots since who have emulated his folly, but 'Walldude' has become our word of choice to describe a DUer who brags of some misconduct on-line but is then revealed and fired/disgraced for that ill-considered braggadocio.   Walrus-puss for hiding the remote at the car dealership where he worked, Kali (Was it?) for bitching about the earwigs at the restaurant where she was slightly-employed, and several others.

Nor is that the only word DU has birthed, for instant 'Bouncy' stories all go back to the paradigm of DUer Bouncyball's improbable yarns.   And, of course, nearly everyone recalls what it means to 'Nadin' something.   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 08:40:02 AM »
It is heart warming to read the tales of the dummies deeds backfiring on them and then they have to pay the consequences for their stupidity. :-) :-)

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2017, 05:07:32 AM »
It is heart warming to read the tales of the dummies deeds backfiring on them and then they have to pay the consequences for their stupidity. :-) :-)
Yep, brings a big ole smile to my face, too!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2017, 07:20:00 AM »
My in-laws came up from NC last evening, but they're of the same political persuasion as I am, so our Thanksgiving will be normal . . . and great. :yahoo: :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2017, 08:25:52 AM »
Walldude called himself that because his job was setting up a video wall (Tiled screens I think) at trade shows, he foolishly bragged of getting over some political shenanigan on the job but was outed on his mad boast by one of our more sleuthy members, and lost his job over it.

There have been many idiots since who have emulated his folly, but 'Walldude' has become our word of choice to describe a DUer who brags of some misconduct on-line but is then revealed and fired/disgraced for that ill-considered braggadocio.   Walrus-puss for hiding the remote at the car dealership where he worked, Kali (Was it?) for bitching about the earwigs at the restaurant where she was slightly-employed, and several others.

Nor is that the only word DU has birthed, for instant 'Bouncy' stories all go back to the paradigm of DUer Bouncyball's improbable yarns.   And, of course, nearly everyone recalls what it means to 'Nadin' something.

Yup, then he claimed he started his own company and was self employed and making TONS more money than he was so he thanked us for outing him.

It wasn't long after that he was spotted on others posts talking about how poor he was and quite possibly was 'living in a van down by the river!'

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2017, 11:29:34 AM »

Yup, then he claimed he started his own company and was self employed and making TONS more money than he was so he thanked us for outing him.

It wasn't long after that he was spotted on others posts talking about how poor he was and quite possibly was 'living in a van down by the river!'

KC

I didn't know that Buick made vans.  :whistling: 
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2017, 11:53:48 AM »

KC

Wow, that is a step up, living on waterfront property. :lmao: :lmao: