Author Topic: Howard Fieman says it all regarding Al Franken  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Delmar

Howard Fieman says it all regarding Al Franken
« on: November 19, 2017, 02:22:49 PM »
Sun Nov 19, 2017, 01:52 AM
RandySF (15,626 posts)

Howard Fineman ✔ @howardfineman
I've watched @alfranken unfairly bracketed w/ accused serial sexual predators. He & I've been family friends for decades. As a comic, he could be crude. He went too far (& apologized). BUT: he's NOT predatory, adores his wife & family & is a lifelong champion of women's rights.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029862161

This BS sounds familiar.  Leftists used to babble on about how the romance novel Love Story by Erich Segal was based on the lives of Al and Tipper Gore until it was discovered that Al Gore had a habit of pressuring massage therapists into giving him chakra release massages--also known as hand jobs.  He narrowly weaseled out of sexual assault charges but Tipper left him, ending their storybook happily-ever-after marriage.

And then there was John "Silky Pony" Edwards.  Even after he became filthy rich he would still take his wife Elizabeth to a Wendy's hamburger joint every year, an endearing anniversary tradition--until Elizabeth got cancer and he dumped her for his baby mama Rielle Hunter.

Response to question everything (Reply #1)Sun Nov 19, 2017, 02:30 PM
questionseverything (4,341 posts)
25. the photo is nothing..it is physically impossible to "grope" thru that jacket

it was a gag nothing more

comedy can be raunchy

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029860272
He should've dropped his drawers and stuck his wang in her face while she slept and thrust his hips at her lewdly while being careful to not actually touch her because that would be wrong as opposed to knee slapping fun raunchy comedy.

Response to ProudMNDemocrat (Reply #11)Sun Nov 19, 2017, 10:41 AM
smirkymonkey (26,814 posts)
17. I have nothing but the highest regard for Senator Franken.

I liked him as a comedian and I love him as a Senator. I hope he and his family don't let this tear them apart and I hope they just let this pass over and go on as usual. He is one of the most powerful voices we have in the Senate and we can't afford to lose him.

Do you know how his wife and family are holding up during this ridiculous, manufactured scandal?
Ridiculous, manufactured scandal?

"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

Re: Howard Fieman says it all regarding Al Franken
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 03:32:32 PM »
"I liked him as a comedian and I love him as a Senator."
This is why we call you a DUmmy.
Franken sucked donkey- balls as both a comedian/ entertainer and as a senator.

"Do you know how his wife and family are holding up during this ridiculous, manufactured scandal?"
I like to imagine his wife, upon reading the article, throwing everything she can get her hands on at him. Plates, books, maybe a few carving knives!
Or, perhaps she'd be more of the "Chase him around the house while swinging a frying pan at his head" type!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 03:35:07 PM by Movie buff- The Sequel »

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 07:07:55 PM »
RandySF (15,626 posts)

Howard Fineman ✔ @howardfineman

If Randy wants to split hairs that have already been split and be taken seriously, shouldn't he do so a little more carefully?

So, if Franken gets a first grope for free, could he get a free first rape, too? From the linked article:

Franken eventually apologized for his crude remarks, but he later wrote in his book, “Al Franken: Giant of the Senate,” that he faked the apology to get the necessary support for his election win, according to the New York Times.

Gives a bit of context to his "apology" to Leeann Tweeden.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:16:25 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 07:12:53 PM »
I just don't think my wife would find it at all funny if I grabbed another lady's milk bags, as a comedian or not...
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 07:37:48 PM »
They always defend the indefensible.  When a woman is sleeping, she is vulnerable.  Do not touch, unless for medical emergency or if you're damn sure it will be welcome.