Author Topic: FRANKEN IS BEING SWIFTBOATED!!!!  (Read 2805 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
FRANKEN IS BEING SWIFTBOATED!!!!
« on: November 18, 2017, 11:55:31 PM »
Star Member JI7 (63,909 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029861967

when Swiftboater, Birthers, are behind attacks/accusations against Democrats there is good reason to question it. in the case of Al Franken it turned out to be a right wing attack . but Franken is much smarter than they are and they no longer have Karl Rove and some of the more intelligent types who knew their limits .

Franken handled it well. he did the right thing and i believe the reason he did was he was thinking of the many real victims of sexual abuse out there. he didn't want to react in a way which would make those who are and will be victims in the future from coming forward.

he called for an Enquiry on himself and Tweeden's entire attitude changed after he did that. she backtracked in how she spoke of what happened and how she did not want him to resign and said he was a good senator and forgave him.

this was an attempted swiftboating of Franken. a huge part of it has to do with his questioning for Jeff Sessions on the Russia issue. Sean Hannity was hoping it would distract from his support for scumbag roy moore and keep from losing for advertisers.

:thatsright:

Star Member madaboutharry (26,312 posts)
2. Democrats must demand an apology to Sen. Franken.

This was a set up and a dirty trick.

And everyone needs to focus on how this story does real damage to true victims.

Star Member dflprincess (22,570 posts)
5. The Democrats that have been so quick to throw Al under the bus need to backtrack fast

Three of the DFL candidates for governor have said he should resign and the only good thing about that is I now know that I certainly won't be supporting any of them at the caucus in February.

Prior to this I could have supported any of them but I have a hard time supporting anyone who is so quick to walk into a Republican trap and help them do their dirty work. I expect my elected officials to be a bit smarter than that.

Star Member Beartracks (6,817 posts)
8. Given that targets of sexual assault allegations are guilty before proven innocent...

... in the court of public opinion (even among some Dems, it seems), and given that powerful "Hollywood" (read: liberal) figures like Harvey Weinstein can be so easily dispatched, it was only a matter of time before the Republicans latched onto some idea like this as a response to Moore/Trump.

=============

That's right. Moore and Trump are guilty with out any evidence. Franken is innocent even with photographic evidence.

The [D] standard strikes again.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: FRANKEN IS BEING SWIFTBOATED!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 08:06:25 AM »
 :facepalm2:

:stupidpeople:

GEEEEEZ! Get it through your skulls, DU-Morons!

Al Franken groped or threatened to grope a sleeping woman!

And thought groping a woman so funny he posed and mugged for a picture!

IT!!    HAPPENED!!!!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 12:00:44 PM »
She was sleeping and didn't know it happened, so it doesn't really count. :sarcasm:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 10:55:08 PM »
If this involves towing him in the wake of a swiftboat on the end of a rappelling rope tied around his ankles, through a bunch of iffy brown water, I'm all for it.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 07:56:16 AM »

Kind of like this whole Russian investigation. :bird: :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 08:57:08 AM »

The set up was pulled of by none other than Franken himself, the goggle-eyed, buck-toothed, faux comedian moron...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 09:16:30 AM »
more swift boating?

A woman says Sen. Al Franken inappropriately touched her in 2010, telling CNN that he grabbed her buttocks while taking a photo at the Minnesota State Fair.

It is the first allegation of improper touching by Franken, who is a Democrat, while he was in office. It comes just days after Leeann Tweeden, a local radio news anchor in California, said that Franken forcibly kissed and groped her in 2006, when Franken was a comedian.
Franken has since issued an apology to Tweeden and faces a potential investigation by the Senate Ethics Committee.
Content by FIS
FinTech Propels Small Business Banking into the Future
How financial institutions are using cutting-edge digital tools to build closer relationships with small and midsized business customers
Lindsay Menz, a 33-year-old woman who now lives in Frisco, Texas, reached out to CNN on Thursday hours after Tweeden made her story public. Menz said she wanted to share an "uncomfortable" interaction that left her feeling "gross."
According to Menz, she attended the Minnesota State Fair with her husband and father in the summer of 2010, almost two years after Franken was elected to the Senate. Her father's small business was sponsoring a local radio booth, and she spent the day meeting various elected officials, political candidates and celebrities and taking photos with them as they stopped by the booth.
When Franken walked in, Menz and her husband, who also spoke with CNN, said they recognized him right away. Menz said she had a brief and cordial exchange with the senator.
Then, as her husband held up her phone and got ready to snap a photo of the two of them, Franken "pulled me in really close, like awkward close, and as my husband took the picture, he put his hand full-fledged on my rear," Menz said. "It was wrapped tightly around my butt cheek."
"It wasn't around my waist. It wasn't around my hip or side. It was definitely on my butt," she said, recalling that the brazen act lasted three or four seconds. "I was like, oh my God, what's happening."
"He reached around her and kind of pulled her into him," said her husband Jeremy Menz, who didn't see what happened behind his wife. "He pulled her in and pushed his head against her head. It was over pretty quick."
Lindsay Menz told CNN that she walked away as soon as the photo was taken, without saying anything to the then-first term senator. When she reconnected with her husband moments later, she told him: "He totally grabbed my butt." Jeremy Menz described that conversation the same way to CNN.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/politics/al-franken-inappropriate-touch-2010/index.html
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 10:15:59 AM »
more swift boating?
 http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/politics/al-franken-inappropriate-touch-2010/index.html

DU-morons', "Well, it was just one grope," excuse may get washed away by a flood. That CNN took several days to publish this suggests they did at least some fact-checking and believe the accusation credible (at the least, since Franken is a D).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 10:27:56 AM »
Swiftboating is the term for when the truth can`t be disputed so it pisses off the left to have it exposed.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 12:14:02 PM »
Ironically, this will probably HELP them. It will allow them to appoint Ellison, the wacky progressive Muslim, to the senate where he won't have to stand up for reelection until 2020. If he went head to head with a GOP opponent in an open election, he would most probably lose, but with incumbency of a few years, he will have amassed a significant war chest and voting block.

Also, this allows the Dems to now go full throttle on getting Dough Jones elected in Alabama, which is frankly their main objective to throw a bunch of dems and Hollywood celebs under the bus, all for a shot of 2018.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 12:24:13 PM »
Kind of like this whole Russian investigation. :bird: :bird:

Not anything like the Russia investigation.

There's evidence Franken groped.

There's no evidence Trump coordinated his campaign with the Russians.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 03:28:58 PM »
Not anything like the Russia investigation.

There's evidence Franken groped.

There's no evidence Trump coordinated his campaign with the Russians.

Wait a minute now. I've read all about it on DU and they FEEL that he did. That's got to be better than evidence. Plus he's not a democrat. So there.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 03:40:02 PM »
Wait a minute now. I've read all about it on DU and they FEEL that he did. That's got to be better than evidence. Plus he's not a democrat. So there.
Can't argue with logic like that....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 11:07:37 AM »
If this involves towing him in the wake of a swiftboat on the end of a rappelling rope tied around his ankles, through a bunch of iffy brown water, I'm all for it.

Only if the swiftboat is at full throttle. :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.