Author Topic: Oh, look... DU is shaming the victim. Again.  (Read 1433 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Oh, look... DU is shaming the victim. Again.
« on: November 18, 2017, 11:50:58 PM »
dbackjon (6,254 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029861625

Is Leeann Tweeden a Sexual Predator?

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/18/1716798/-More-Photos-Emerging-From-Franken-Tweeden-s-USO-Tour-They-speak-for-themselves

Looks like she is assaulting the guitarist

:thatsright:

Yeah... that will work- right out of the Hillary Clinton playbook.

Star Member TomSlick (612 posts)
5. Hmmm.

So, we're just down to the dumb photo - right?

No assault, no groping, just a dumb-ass frat party picture. Again, dumb but not career ending.

You should always believe the woman... unless the prep is a [D] then she is obviously a slut.

Star Member Denzil_DC (3,510 posts)
8. Please just stop. n/t

dbackjon (6,254 posts)
10. Why? False claims make it harder for real assault victims

Oh... the irony is so much here...

S
Code: [Select]
tar Member Denzil_DC (3,510 posts)
18. So much bullshit, so little time.

You know how flinging mud ends up?

With everyone involved covered in mud.

The two protagonists have stopped slinging mud.

[b]Franken's seat is on the line.

He gets to choose how he defends himself.

[u]I trust his judgment way more than a yahoo on DU.[/u] [/b]

But carry on.

Let's have another week where you can't move on GD without another ****ing OP about all this.

That's really going to help.

And while you're at it, look up the word "consent" in a dictionary.

If the guitarist or anybody else complains about Tweeden's conduct, then wake me up.

Star Member stevenleser (31,829 posts)
22. I think it is you who need to take another look at this. Check out this other OP

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029861640

The person who is making the accusation clearly felt that these USO tour events were raunchy affairs where people got grabby and grinded up against each other and made other moves to play to the crowd.

That was part of the entertainment. And there are multiple photos and videos that make the point.

Star Member Denzil_DC (3,510 posts)
31. Oh, for ****'s sake.

Do I really have to spell this out?

The atmosphere and antics in shows have no bearing on what happens offstage.

Otherwise a stripper or lapdancer having a drink at the bar after work or making her way home would be "fair game".

Similarly, if a performer is rehearsing, they get to draw the line at what they find acceptable in that context.

And yes, again, if the aim is to "help" Franken, maybe it would be a good idea to take your lead from him.

Go have this argument with somebody who's got more patience with you, because its all been done to death over the last 48 hours or so and there are other things going on.

Star Member stevenleser (31,829 posts)
39. Do I need to spell this out for YOU?

The atmosphere and antics have EVERY bearing on what happens offstage. Because offstage is where those antics are practiced.

This stuff didnt just magically happen on stage. The folks all figured it out between them and then practiced it off stage and then did it on stage. Leeanne herself indicates that the kiss happened in the context of practicing a skit. Did this suddenly escape your attention?

When you put this all together, it paints a very different picture of what happened here. This isn't something that happened between office workers in the next cubicle. This happened between entertainers practicing for a raunchy exhibition, one where the accusor worked out skits where she grabbed the ass of the guitar player, grinded up against him, dry humped Robin Williams each time she introduced him (there are multiple videos of this happening at different events) and various other antics. We're supposed to believe that between comedians and actors, a skit that involved a kiss was over the line? Without all the other raunchy antics that were going on that would be hard to believe. This is acting and entertainment after all. How many movies have you seen people kiss other people?

And I dont care for what you do and don't have patience. If you can't handle the discussion stop responding.

So, the girl was just asking for it right Steve-o?

no_hypocrisy (29,783 posts)
27. Just posted the Daily Kos link on F/B and got slammed by a friend whose a dedicated democrat and feminist for slut-shaming. She said the pictures proved nothing. I say it raises doubt for the sincerity of Ms. Tweeden. I don't know what happened on the USO tour but it's more complicated than what she claims.

Yeah... you guys can't have it both ways.

Star Member rzemanfl (17,169 posts)
34. I correspond with a Femi-Nazi who has similar issues.

The Russians know where and how to start fights.

yeah... now it's the Russians who have faked this 'issue'...

Star Member democratisphere (4,981 posts)
28. RW nutcase with zero credibility.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline thundley4

Re: Oh, look... DU is shaming the victim. Again.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 03:02:49 AM »
Star Member rzemanfl (17,169 posts)
34. I correspond with a Femi-Nazi who has similar issues.

The Russians know where and how to start fights.

Alert! Alert!  :tampon:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 04:45:46 AM »
They actually think this is going to work.  :thatsright:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 08:25:57 AM »
Taking the pix at face value:

* Just before the pic with grinning Franken and Tweeden the Camera man (Al Franken's brother, BTW) said, "Say cheese!" Other than that it happened before the C-17 ride home, we don't know the timing. It may have been before he slipped her his tongue. Or maybe she just grinned and bore it for the sake of the USO.

* The pic with the guitarist - the lack of reaction by the guitarist means that she was behind him but not touching his behind. 2-D images lack depth perception and provide fewer depth clues.

* The picture of the "kiss" - this actually supports Leeann Tweeden's account of that skit. She said she decided to avert her face at that point, and the picture shows that her face is turned away from him.

Not that facts matter on DU or HuffPo.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.