Author Topic: ****. This. Shit. NanceGreggs  (Read 2246 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
****. This. Shit. NanceGreggs
« on: November 17, 2017, 04:33:09 AM »
NanceGreggs (23,053 posts)           https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029853144

****. This. Shit.
I am about to become very unpopular – but I don't give a ****, so here goes.

I don’t believe the photo of Al Franken and Leanne Tweedon is an example of sexual harassment, misogyny, or any of the other things it has been described as. As the photo makes abundantly clear, Franken was not touching Ms. Tweedon’s breasts – he was clearly “hamming it up” for the camera, and NOT engaging in sexual misconduct by any stretch of the imagination.

Many have said that even joking about such things is, in and of itself, demonstrative of some underlying disrespect towards women. I call bullshit on that, and strenuously so.

To say that what is inappropriate now was always inappropriate is to ignore the fact that attitudes change, and what was accepted as humour back in the day, or in a certain context, may not be acceptable when judged by current-day standards. Thankfully, such standards change as we evolve as a nation and as a people – and what was laugh-inducing once upon a time is no longer a laughing matter when viewed through a 2017 lens.

How many of us laughed – and still laugh – at shows like I Love Lucy and The Honeymooners, which depicted women as easily-befuddled females whose only true passion was buying a new hat? We accept that punchlines that were funny in the ‘fifties are not relevant in 2017, and surely we have the intellect to realize that that was then, and this is now. We understand that context matters, and that Lucy Ricardo and Alice Cramden, while representative of the stereotypes of their era, are not representative of women in today’s world.

In judging what was acceptable in the past and what is acceptable now, it is disingenuous to apply the same litmus test across the board – as though times never change, as though the times in which we once lived have not been relegated to the dustbin of history, as though we have not outgrown depicting women as scatter-brained, hat-buying females who do housework while wearing pristine shirt-waist dresses accessorized with a string of pearls.

The fact that Ms. Tweedon suddenly remembered how horrifying an experience working with Al Franken was – the fact that the already-disgraced Roger Stone tweeted that it was “Franken’s turn in the barrel” BEFORE Ms. Tweedon came forward with her accusations, the fact that whataboutism is the ONLY defence Republicans can come up with to dispute Roy Moore’s pedophilia is as obvious as it is despicable.

I’ve read here on DU and elsewhere, time and again, that we should judge people by their actions. Senator Franken’s actions in terms of women’s rights speak for themselves.

I am appalled by how easily some people have been led to believe that Senator Franken is a sexual predator based on the word of a Trump-supporting Republican who has conveniently accused him of sexual misconduct at exactly the same time a GOP pedophile has been accused of molesting teen-aged girls. I am especially appalled by those who are equating an obviously “for yuks in front of the camera” photo as evidence of “both sides do it, so let’s just call it a wash”.

EVERY Democrat who is buying into that false equivalence is being played by the Republicans – and they really should know better.

In the meantime, the Republicans are laughing their asses off at Democrats who think (wrongfully so) that if we “sacrifice” one of our own on the altar of tit-for-tat, we come across as “fair and balanced”.

I stand with Senator Franken on the basis of what he has done, and continues to do, to further the rights of American women, and his willingness to stand with us when it counts.

I am not interested in what Al Franken said or did as a comedian – I am interested in what he says and does as a SENATOR. It is unfortunate that some people can’t distinguish one role from the other. It is equally unfortunate that some people are so anxious to believe that if we just throw one of our own on the funeral pyre, we have somehow appeased the what-about-him media gods who have decided that a human sacrifice on our part somehow evens the score – as though “evening the score” is what is important here.

If you’re buying into the current “both sides do it” bullshit being proffered by the right-wing, you are being manipulated by the very people who know how easily-manipulated you are.

Wow. Just wow.

Offline Delmar

Re: ****. This. Shit. NanceGreggs
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 04:40:35 AM »
NanceGreggs (23,053 posts)           https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029853144

****. This. Shit.
I am about to become very unpopular – but I don't give a ****, so here goes.

I don’t believe the photo of Al Franken and Leanne Tweedon is an example of sexual harassment, misogyny, or any of the other things it has been described as. As the photo makes abundantly clear, Franken was not touching Ms. Tweedon’s breasts – he was clearly “hamming it up” for the camera, and NOT engaging in sexual misconduct by any stretch of the imagination

If he would have stuck his crotch right up next to her sleeping face and had a big laugh at her expense, that would be alright too?
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 04:50:50 AM »
If he would have stuck his crotch right up next to her sleeping face and had a big laugh at her expense, that would be alright too?

Al Franken is a creepy little f**k...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 05:58:37 AM »
So 'locker room talk' among men is sexual harassment, and degrades all women. Yet, taking a photo, of a man groping a sleeping woman without her knowledge or consent is just humor, and should be ignored...

In short --

Saying "Grab 'em by the P***y" is wrong
Actually Grabbing 'em by the boobs is okay

Thanks for clarifying that Nance.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 07:01:10 AM »
In judging what was acceptable in the past and what is acceptable now, it is disingenuous to apply the same litmus test across the board

If it is a dem, the past is forgotten, if it is anyone else you are guilty no matter when you did it. :thatsright: :mental: :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 07:28:20 AM »
Nance is just upset that JeffR would rather be dead than have to feel her up.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 07:46:02 AM »
Nance is just upset that JeffR would rather be dead than have to feel her up.

Steve#'s on the other hand....
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 07:47:35 AM »
The views of Abu Simbel must be great from the waters of Lake Nasser.

Is Nance envious?

Is Nance pissed that Libs' and Progs' War on Women narrative is crashing on Libs' and Progs' own heads? Is Nance worried that, besides the male hetero- and homosexual predators who have been exposed, there might also be prominent lesbian predators in "danger" of being exposed?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 08:17:07 AM »
Shut up with your ignorant excuses, bat shit crazy Nance.  Your viceral hatred is in full display.  Congratulations, I guess.  Your writing is meandering and so partisan, it isn't worth reading.  Not to mention mediocre writing.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 08:30:27 AM »
I have posted this at DI a couple of times.

Question providing free birth control to women and one is a misogynist scum.

Advocate free birth control for women while sexually abusing one and you are a leftist hero.

That really is how ****ed up their demented minds are.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 08:50:23 AM »
Hey, Nance, you are already very unpopular.  Except for the staff you keep employed at the package store, of course.  They appreciate you.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 08:41:45 PM »
Miss Greggs and her skunk ranked slit just never got the memo.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 04:33:11 PM »
Response to NanceGreggs (Original post)Fri Nov 17, 2017, 08:06 PM
Star Member zentrum (5,690 posts)
292. Call to support Al

(202) 224-5641

Call him up and tell him to do what he would have told a republican caught in a similar act to do.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden