Author Topic: In preparation for Thanksgiving...  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

In preparation for Thanksgiving...
« on: November 16, 2017, 05:59:49 AM »
Hi, all!
As we all know, Thanksgiving is just around the corner! So, as kind of a public service announcement, I'll be summing up the various tropes of DU posts that the DUmp will soon be flooded with in honor of this day:
1. Ranting that it's a horrible, evil holiday which should be banned because settlers were mean to Indians (Never mind that the Pilgrims of Plymouth who were part of the First Thanksgiving got along very well with the Indians for a very long time; It wasn't until King Philip's War, about 50 years after the First Thanksgiving, that relations between the Plymouth Pilgrims and the Indians began to sour).
2. Ranting about how it's a horrible, evil holiday because of all the poor turkeys who are going to be "Heartlessly murdered" for food, and how we should all instead eat one of those Tofurkeys that look, smell, and taste like crap.
3. Ranting about how they have nothing to be thankful about because someone they dislike is president, and going into another of their whiny tantrums about how much they hate him (While normal people spend the day thinking of all their blessings to be thankful for, the ungrateful spoiled brats on the DUmp will spend it whining about what they'd like to change about their lives).
4. Of course, plentiful Bouncy tales about confronting and converting "Deplorable" and "Fundy" relatives at the dinner table.
5. Getting started on their manifold anti- Christmas rants.
Have I missed any?

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: In preparation for Thanksgiving...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 08:32:43 AM »
How about all those who will stay home and be miserable because their relatives are republicans. :bawl:

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 08:50:03 AM »
Bitching about the high price and lack of availability of the Traditional Merican tofu turkey.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 09:20:43 AM »
The 50% tax on recreational pot. :rant:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 03:27:00 PM »
How about all those who will stay home and be miserable because their relatives are republicans. :bawl:
Good call!
I can't believe I forgot about those!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 06:23:19 PM »

They will be counterbalanced by those who are unhappy, and they'll attempt to make everyone else at the dinner unhappy.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 01:28:00 PM »
A helpful PSA for the DUmmies this holiday season:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a43UzWI3-ck

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke