Author Topic: House Dems introduce articles of impeachment against Trump  (Read 5595 times)

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
Re: House Dems introduce articles of impeachment against Trump
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2017, 11:44:32 PM »
In what criminal court did Clinton plead guilty to anything? It's not a tough question.

Yes, Clinton was sanctioned by the Paula Jones civil court. Civil and criminal courts are two different systems. That's Business Law 101 information, literally.

Clinton lost his license to practice law in AR. That was an administrative action, not a criminal court action.

Clinton lost his ability to practice law before the US Supreme Court. That was a consequence of losing his AR law license.

If I've forgotten an actual criminal case against Clinton, well and good. Give me a link. But if I'm correct, why give DU-types grounds to mock our "ignorance"?

I reread this entire thread and found no claim of a conviction in a criminal court.  He was found guilty of contempt for giving false testimony before Federal Judge Susan Webber Wright.  She fined him $90,686 and court costs and made a referral to the AR Bar Assn.  Guilty of contempt for giving false testimony is a conviction.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2017, 12:43:31 AM »
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2017, 11:37:33 AM »
I reread this entire thread and found no claim of a conviction in a criminal court.  He was found guilty of contempt for giving false testimony before Federal Judge Susan Webber Wright.  She fined him $90,686 and court costs and made a referral to the AR Bar Assn.  Guilty of contempt for giving false testimony is a conviction.

Here's what sneakypete posted:

And to think that in 8 whole years they could find no reason to impeach Clinton,and he was even convicted of a federal felony.

You see that phrase I emphasized? Especially that word I enlarged? Criminal courts have the jurisdiction to convict people of felonies (or misdemeanors), not civil courts. The Paula Jones case was tried in civil court, and Judge Wright's ruling that Clinton was in contempt of court was in civil court. For Clinton's contempt of court to have been a felony conviction there would have had to be a trial in criminal court, which there was not.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.