Author Topic: House Dems introduce articles of impeachment against Trump  (Read 5612 times)

Offline CC27

House Dems introduce articles of impeachment against Trump
« on: November 15, 2017, 12:21:05 PM »
DonViejo (34,157 posts)

House Dems introduce articles of impeachment against Trump

Source: The Hill

BY JOHN BOWDEN - 11/15/17 09:51 AM EST

Four House Democrats introduced articles of impeachment targeting President Trump on Wednesday, asserting that Trump has violated the Constitution.

Reps. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.), Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) Brad Sherman (D-Calif.) and Al Green (D-Texas) said the five articles of impeachment come out of "concern" for the country's national security.

"We believe that President Trump has violated the Constitution, and we've introduced five articles of impeachment," Cohen said at a press conference.

The articles target Trump's firing of former FBI Director James Comey, perceived violations of the Emoluments Clause, as well as actions "undermining" the judiciary and freedom of the press.

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/360455-house-democrats-introduce-articles-of-impeachment-against-trump

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10141914568

DUmmies are creaming themselves in this thread.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: House Dems introduce articles of impeachment against Trump
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 12:30:54 PM »
Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Wed Nov 15, 2017, 12:09 PM

Gothmog (45,312 posts)
48. These impeachment efforts will be fun to watch

This fat mongrel actually claims to be a lawyer too.  :lmao:

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 12:43:19 PM »
Time to buy stock in Kleenex and hand lotion.

I so love it when they're disappointed.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 01:24:04 PM »
Speaker Ryan should call for an immediate vote. Make D Reps put their votes where their mouth is.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 01:29:19 PM »
Speaker Ryan should call for an immediate vote. Make D Reps put their votes where their mouth is.

Yep. This^

H5
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 01:38:25 PM »
Cohen said he's not seeking a vote on his resolution, but only urging hearings from the Judiciary Committee.
DUmmies, if he is not asking for vote it is just for show to gin up support (fund raising) from you window lickers.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 01:56:50 PM »

Definitely, they spend all their time & energy jerking off.  :thatsright: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 03:10:52 PM »

Mix in the concentrated juice from several Caroĺina Reaper peppers.
In my best Yoda voice. ---->  "Scream at the sky, they will."
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 05:33:14 PM »
Personally I think the house leadership ought to move on it and bring it to the floor, then all the GOP Reps should abstain and let it happen.  Then we will see what the senate has to say. If I recall it takes 3/4 to convict. 

What this will do is not result in President Trump getting kicked out of office and take any future effort off the table unless the man actually commits a crime.

Oh and maybe it just may cost the dems a bunch of senate seats next year.

I believe the American people are getting tired of this stupidity.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 07:54:00 PM »
Personally I think the house leadership ought to move on it and bring it to the floor, then all the GOP Reps should abstain and let it happen.  Then we will see what the senate has to say. If I recall it takes 3/4 to convict. 

What this will do is not result in President Trump getting kicked out of office and take any future effort off the table unless the man actually commits a crime.

Oh and maybe it just may cost the dems a bunch of senate seats next year.

I believe the American people are getting tired of this stupidity.

Yes, The stock market is up, unemployment is down, jobs are coming back to America. 

Outside their politically poisoned bubble, mainstream America couldn't give a crap about their mental masturbation fantasies.

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 08:19:51 PM »
Yes, The stock market is up, unemployment is down, jobs are coming back to America. 

Outside their politically poisoned bubble, mainstream America couldn't give a crap about their mental masturbation fantasies.

Yep.  Some energy company in China just signed a memo of understanding to invest 80 some billion over the next 20 years in the state of WV's energy industry.  That is 80 billion with a B.  That would never have occurred under any other president.

President Trump got the chinese running scared. Got the mexicans running scared. Hell he even got the canadians running scared.  The days of unfair trade is over and all President Trump had to do was tweet that he was gonna put an end to it.

That, it seems, was all that was needed.  Seems that his unpredicatability is turning into an asset for the country... and the DC swamp cries, stamps their feet and shows the USA just who they really represent... and it ain't the people that elected them.

I'll admit I did not like the man, thought he was not serious, and would be a disaster. I also admit I was wrong.  He got my vote in 2020.

The man just does not back down to anybody and I like that.   :yahoo:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 08:34:24 AM »
So other than making America great again and cleaning up the mess you libs made, What exactly is the crime? :mental: :thatsright:

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 08:47:43 AM »
So other than making America great again and cleaning up the mess you libs made, What exactly is the crime? :mental: :thatsright:

he has SRWMS.......  Successful Rich White Male Syndrome
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 09:13:48 AM »
he has SRWMS.......  Successful Rich White Male Syndrome

And is spreading it, and not just to white people.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 09:17:34 AM »
And is spreading it, and not just to white people.

They are worried that blacks will discover it was democrats under those sheets. :thatsright:

Offline sneakypete

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 06:19:55 AM »
And to think that in 8 whole years they could find no reason to impeach Clinton,and he was even convicted of a federal felony.
In the entire history of the world,the only nations that had to build walls to keep their own citizens from leaving were those with leftist governments.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2017, 07:05:36 AM »
And to think that in 8 whole years they could find no reason to impeach Clinton,and he was even convicted of a federal felony.

When was Clinton tried for anything in criminal court?

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 10:04:23 AM »

Plea bargain, false testimony before a Federal Judge (deposition in Jones case).  Also, large cash settlement to Jones and loss of law license.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 10:17:15 AM »
Plea bargain, false testimony before a Federal Judge (deposition in Jones case).  Also, large cash settlement to Jones and loss of law license.

The Paula Jones case was in civil court. Clinton was sanctioned, but I don't recall there being a criminal case arising from his false testimony in the civil case.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2017, 10:19:31 AM »
Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Wed Nov 15, 2017, 12:09 PM

Gothmog (45,312 posts)
48. These impeachment efforts will be fun to watch

Oh, indeed...just not in the way you think!

:popcorn:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline sneakypete

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2017, 10:59:33 AM »

@SVPete

He either plead guilty to,or was found guilty of perjury for lying to a grand jury. He had his license to practice law revoked as a result,and had to pay a small fine.
In the entire history of the world,the only nations that had to build walls to keep their own citizens from leaving were those with leftist governments.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2017, 11:30:09 AM »
In what criminal court did Clinton plead guilty to anything? It's not a tough question.

Yes, Clinton was sanctioned by the Paula Jones civil court. Civil and criminal courts are two different systems. That's Business Law 101 information, literally.

Clinton lost his license to practice law in AR. That was an administrative action, not a criminal court action.

Clinton lost his ability to practice law before the US Supreme Court. That was a consequence of losing his AR law license.

If I've forgotten an actual criminal case against Clinton, well and good. Give me a link. But if I'm correct, why give DU-types grounds to mock our "ignorance"?

Offline sneakypete

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2017, 12:25:43 PM »
In what criminal court did Clinton plead guilty to anything? It's not a tough question.

Yes, Clinton was sanctioned by the Paula Jones civil court. Civil and criminal courts are two different systems. That's Business Law 101 information, literally.

Clinton lost his license to practice law in AR. That was an administrative action, not a criminal court action.

Clinton lost his ability to practice law before the US Supreme Court. That was a consequence of losing his AR law license.

If I've forgotten an actual criminal case against Clinton, well and good. Give me a link. But if I'm correct, why give DU-types grounds to mock our "ignorance"?

@SVPete

Your argument is much akin to arguing over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Criminal Court or Civil Court,it makes no difference. He plead guilty to perjury and as a result lost his law license. He also had to pay out an enormous about of damage money to settle the suit filed by Paula Jones.

Anytime the Dims want to talk trash to us about this issue,we can hit them with that and they can't deny it.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2017, 12:34:37 PM »
I think the title should read "House Dems waste time and tax dollars in pursuit of something irrelevant."
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2017, 03:10:24 PM »
President Trump is guilty of saying "God bless you and God bless America" after his speeches. That is a violation of separation of church and state., And several other constitutional amendments. As well as offending atheists, liberals, progressives and a whole other assortment of assholes.

For these high crimes and misdemeanors several upstanding dipshits will have him impeached and have HiLIARY installed as president. :mental: