Author Topic: Roy Moore: Acceptance of pedophilia in the South is a legacy of slavery  (Read 1995 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Kind of Blue (6,835 posts)  https://www.democraticunderground.com/118763302

Roy Moore: Acceptance of pedophilia in the South is a legacy of slavery

:thatsright:

Before the Civil War, forcing frequent and casual sex on young girl slaves was a prized white privilege of the Southern culture they built on the backs of their slaves.

yurbud (38,377 posts)
1. I thought of this too, especially how guys got away with it:

"though well he knew that [his wife's] full fury would fall upon the young head of his victim."

Kind of Blue (6,835 posts)
2. Yeah, and about that wife, that brings up another point.

I heard in a lecture once and haven't had time to dig into the statement, a professor said that a lot of murder laws/statutes(?) n this country were written to protect white women who, in furious anger, were just murdering black children.

zipplewrath (11,841 posts)
3. Technically it ain't pedophilia

It was mentioned on Meet The Press that technically, Moore wasn't guilty of pedophilia. That makes reference to prepubescent children. Apparently, this victim didn't qualify for that. This was sexual molestation of a minor. Strangely, to the point of the OP, that is probably more widely "tolerated" than actual pedophilia. Although, again to the larger point of the OP, slavery presented a horrible opportunity for sexual abuse of children for pedophiles down to an age that none of us even want to imagine.

It doesn't matter that none of it is even real... it's just another hit piece by the DNC this time helped by the Establishment [R]s.

Star Member CousinIT (2,220 posts)
4. Denial of women's reproductive rights in the US is also a legacy of slavery

:o Slave owners didn't want the slaves to get abortions?

Bridgewater argues that because slavery depended on the slaveholder’s right to control the bodies and reproductive capacities of enslaved women, coerced reproduction was as basic to the institution as forced labor. At the very least it qualifies among those badges and incidents, certainly as much as the inability to make contracts. Therefore, sexual and reproductive freedom is not simply a matter of privacy; it is fundamental to our and the law’s understanding of human autonomy and liberty. And so constraints on that freedom are not simply unconstitutional; they effectively reinstitute slavery.

so- pro-life people are racist?  :o

raccoon (25,799 posts)
34. Yep. It boggles my mind the way some right wingers

It boggles my mind the way some right wingers act like the Europeans or Americans did the African-Americans a favor to bring them over and enslave them.

::)

Aviation Pro (8,296 posts)
7. Is it any wonder....

...that most southern, white men have an unreasonable fear of black men?

Star Member yardwork (45,532 posts)
14. Slavery is an abomination and the source of a lot of evil in the U.S.

I believe that our history of slavery - notably the fact that our nation was literally built on slavery and genocide - is an original sin that drags our country down. Either we figure out a way to overcome our evil past and the many ways in which it lives on today - and that means complete repudiation of the institutions that supported slavery, including but not limited to the Confederacy - or this evil will destroy us.

I believe that.

heaven05 (15,067 posts)
15. how do these

Last edited Mon Nov 13, 2017, 01:40 PM - Edit history (1)

types sleep at night? Oh sorry, I know how. No conscience to speak of and this moore character would have been out front just like d. trump in racing toward the slave quarters to sate their lust on slave children and adults, both sexes. All of the slave holders did it, why 'mulattoes, quadroons, octaroons'? I wish the media would get real. Every decent person in any country is laughing out loud at this circus ameriKKKa has become and so am I.

::)

Kind of Blue (6,835 posts)
28. I think you might like this article in reference to #MeToo because

the author really puts women and history in a historical context for what she believes, and I hope, is happening. Long but worth the read.

Allowing #MeToo To Go Viral Is The Biggest Mistake The Establishment Ever Made

"This is not a political or ideological revolution. This is a complete undoing of all that is sick in this world, coming not from our minds but from deep within our cells. A voice has finally been given to the heritage of pain which has been passed from mother to daughter from generation to generation as we taught one another how to survive in a world of sexual slavery since the dawn of civilization. It will not be pretty when it first comes out. It will not be sexy. It will not dance for male sexuality as it has been trained to do like a good little girl. It will roar, and it will destroy.
Change is coming.

What looks like women talking about their experiences with rape culture is actually a vast area of endarkened human unconsciousness suddenly becoming enlightened into consciousness. A whole section of our collective consciousness which we have never previously had access to is now suddenly becoming available to us. The old structures will not be able to stand on this new ground, as they were built upon the old ground.

Buckle up."

:???:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
Re: Roy Moore: Acceptance of pedophilia in the South is a legacy of slavery
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 09:34:23 PM »
Looks like the retards are lathering themselves up with imaginary bullsh*t again.
Deplorable since 2016

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 01:02:23 AM »
The left has played the race and gender cards so much they  have faded beyond recognition. Now they know they can play the rape/molest/harass card and just make the charges decades old when it will almost always be a he said/she said case.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 06:33:52 AM »
The left has played the race and gender cards so much they  have faded beyond recognition. Now they know they can play the rape/molest/harass card and just make the charges decades old when it will almost always be a he said/she said case.

Strange how they are perfectly OK with grown men going to the bathroom, sharing locker rooms and showering with little girls so much that they went out of their way to create imaginary "rights" and real laws to protect those imaginary "rights".  :banghead:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 08:56:36 AM »
Kind of Blue (6,835 posts)  https://www.democraticunderground.com/118763302

Roy Moore: Acceptance of pedophilia in the South is a legacy of slavery

Really? Please! Go try out your theory in some rural AL or MS or ... town! Go do a 13YO or 14YO girl, see what happens! (This being a DU-moron, I think the girl will get him before her Daddy does.)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 04:23:47 PM »
First up, the DUmmies' hypocrisy is mind- blowing.
If it's a liberal/ Democrat, they portray it as no big deal.
Hell, here are not one but two DU threads from the last couple years pretty much openly singing the praises of pedophiles, portraying them as brave and noble victims of society's bigotry and oppression:
https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php/topic,104100.msg1306416.html

https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php/topic,104465.msg1310837.html

However, if a conservative is even remotely accused of it, they immediately demand his execution.

"so- pro-life people are racist?  :o"
The ironic thing is, at March for Life- type events, there is usually a lot of racial diversity among the pro- life marchers, whereas the liberal pro- abortion counterprotesters who shriek obscene insults at them and throw condoms at them are almost completely lily- white.

"Aviation Pro (8,296 posts)
7. Is it any wonder....

...that most southern, white men have an unreasonable fear of black men?"

That's a racist assumption to make.

"I believe that our history of slavery - notably the fact that our nation was literally built on slavery and genocide - is an original sin that drags our country down. Either we figure out a way to overcome our evil past and the many ways in which it lives on today..."
An excellent way to overcome the more painful moments of our nation's past is one of the best ways to overcome other sources of pain in life: STOP OBSESSING OVER THEM AND MOVE ON WITH LIFE!

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 06:41:18 PM »
Star Member yardwork (45,532 posts)
14. Slavery is an abomination and the source of a lot of evil in the U.S.

I believe that our history of slavery - notably the fact that our nation was literally built on slavery and genocide - is an original sin that drags our country down. Either we figure out a way to overcome our evil past and the many ways in which it lives on today - and that means complete repudiation of the institutions that supported slavery, including but not limited to the Confederacy - or this evil will destroy us.

I believe that.

On what continent is slavery most prevalent in modern times? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

From whom did the whites/Europeans/Americans originally get their slaves? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 07:16:50 PM »
Yeah, pedophilia actually something quite different than what you think it is, there, Kind of Blue.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.