Author Topic: Tubby Tobin's long post. Boston Bean insulted  (Read 3136 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
Tubby Tobin's long post. Boston Bean insulted
« on: November 11, 2017, 07:16:11 AM »
Tobin S. (9,596 posts)                  https://upload.democraticunderground.com/10029827633

I don't know if I'm a devil or an angel around here right now.
But here is something I've been looking at for a little while now. Hear me out please. Make sure you read through to the end. There are a lot of people who simply don't vote because they feel like they've been left behind on economic issues. The huge disparity in income stratification we have in this country is a very big problem. Along with climate change, this should be one of the biggest issues in America right now. There are wealthy and powerful Democrats who've been talking about this for a while: Robert Reich and Nick Hanauer to name a couple. Some very wealthy people are actually calling on us to tax them more right now, because they know this is getting out of hand. And when income stratification gets out of hand you start to get political instability. You start to get shit like Trump. It's not just for the benefit of the rest of us that some of these rich people are talking like this. It's also enlightened self interest.

This wonderful diversity we have going on in the party with minorities starting to claim a bigger stake in the political process is ultimately good for everyone. But for many Americans those just aren't their kind of issues. Nothing wrong with that stuff, but for low income straight white people, for example, it simply doesn't help them where they need help the most. So if you continue in that direction without addressing the issue of economic security and social policy that helps poor and working class people in every demographic, it's really not something you can build a long term strategy on for continued success into the future. It's good, but we need to address these economic issues along with that stuff. The issue should be front and center.

One third of the population living in poverty. Poor and working class people from all demographics making up the majority of the population. The middle class shrinking and people continually falling out of it. Even upper middle class people are not completely economically secure if they happen to develop a severe medical issue. These things absolutely have to be addressed or this country is just going to keep getting crazier.

The victories earlier this week are a welcome and refreshing sign. I also know that powerful people in the Democratic Party are aware of the problems I just spoke of, and want to address them. In my view, if the politicians we have keep speaking on these economic issues, more and more people will start to come back around to the Democratic Party. I want to urge you guys not to demonize ordinary people in any demographic including Trump supporters anywhere the Democratic Party is represented, including DU. I know I've done it, too, and I'm here to tell you that was wrong. It might make you guys feel better, but it ultimately doesn't help anyone, and actually hurts your cause. It's okay to cut down the regressive politicians, but work to lift the people up. Working class white men should be allies of working class black men. Most of them understand that. They really do. Some of them might not be up to par on your social issues, but when it comes to poverty and economic hardship they understand completely.

One of the most important lessons of Obama was that when he spoke of the American people he always spoke inclusively. He did his best to make it clear to us all that he valued every one of us whether we agreed with him or not. He was a true man of the people. He never cut down ordinary Americans even when it was clear about how hated he was by some of them. He is a shining example of what a Democrat should be. He served two terms despite the fact that the most powerful and wealthy people in America were working their hardest to defeat him, and despite the incredible gridlock his last 6 years in office. He won my home state of Indiana in the election for his first term. Yeah, lots to learn from Obama.

In my sig line you'll see a quote from Obama on what is my most important issue: climate change. I put that one ahead of everything including the issues that benefit me in a more selfish way. I deeply admire Obama. I'm 45 years old and he is clearly the best president of my lifetime even though he was hamstrung by Congress for most of his time in office. I'm a working class white man.

When I came out here with that thread the other day about how I felt you guys were slandering and scapegoating working class white men, that didn't come out of nowhere. It's been festering a long time. Then when I called you guys on it, over the first hour the thread was up it looked to me as if you guys had this impression that the Fourth Reich was coming for you guys and it was comprised of working class white men who had allegedly given you Trump. It was very painful, and after I exited that thread with my last comment in it, I haven't been able to go back and look in it even though it got all kinds of recs and ended up on the front page.

So one last time before I let it go. It looks like 33% of Trump voters were working class. Not all of them were men, of course. I don't know the stats for Hillary in that category, but I'm sure there's a significant amount of working class white men who voted for her, including me. Then when you consider that 40% of eligible voters didn't vote in that election, most of them probably poor and working class people...well, the working class white man Fourth Reich doesn't look like it's taken hold quite as strong as some of you might have been thinking, or gave me the impression that you were thinking.

Poor and working class white people have been maligned for a long time in this country by powerful, rich, and famous people. There are some incredibly offensive stereotypes about them that freely get floated around the internet and popular culture, that if they were said about any other group of people in this country by someone in the public eye it would permanently damage their reputation. But it gets a pass when they do it to us. I'll go get an example of it if you want me to that was generated by a wealthy east coast Democrat. When I see stuff like that, and I see it a lot, it hurts my confidence in you guys. The people on the right do it, too. Do you think Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy are doing us any favors? Do you know who is in the audience at their Blue Collar Comedy shows? It's not people like me. Even if I wanted to go I can't the free time or the cash together for a ticket. Those are caricatures that they present in their shows. They are not accurate representations of who poor and working class people are. But these guys got rich on us talking that shit at our expense. You might see working class guys who like them and think they are funny. It's in the same category of a thing like women voting for Trump.

Poor and working class white people are essentially powerless just like any other demographic in that income category, and they continually get hammered by social and economic forces. It's not something to be taken lightly and made fun of, and it certainly isn't their fault- even if some of them are so confused by what's going in the world that they'll vote for a Republican. These people are not your enemies, and they need your representation even if you don't get their vote. Obama knew that quite clearly. And being the most powerful man on the planet he had the kindness and compassion not to punch down on people even if they didn't support him, unlike some other guy currently residing in the White House. Obama still represented these people and was looking out for them.

You guys might have noticed that I write well. I have a bachelor's degree in business from Indiana University. It used to be a very marketable degree. I went back to school when I was about 40 to finish that degree. I took 3 classes a semester year round for 2.5 years while working 50 hours a week at my truck driving gig. People in America used to admire that kind of hard work, dedication, and desire to get ahead. Guess what? I graduated about three years ago and I'm still driving a truck for a living because I cannot find gainful employment anywhere else. I now have all this school debt hanging over my head, and I had to file for bankruptcy a few years back which of course did not absolve the school debt. This is where people like me are coming from. Old school economic issues. Not petty social vendettas.

I'll let it go now.

boston bean (30,718 posts)
2. I read to the end to read this insult "petty social agendas"

Nope. You will NOT dismiss us.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Tubby Tobin's long post. Boston Bean insulted
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 07:46:54 AM »
Boston Bitch:  'I reject your reality and substitute my own victimhood.'

And about that one-third living in poverty:  There is no definite standard for the poverty line, it's an arbitrary number that includes and excludes factors that may not objectively make sense.  There are always going to be five quintiles and the lowest quintile is always going to be considered as 'Living in poverty' even if they eat roast beef every night, have free internet and housing, and want for no necessities. Yeah, we do have homeless people and people who are truly desperate and in need through no fault of their own...but it's not a third of the population, or anywhere near that number.

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 08:47:27 AM »
He wrote "vendettas", she read "agenda."

They're both whackos, just in their own way. However, I do suggest to the tubster to drop it. You're a fat, white male who can't possibly understand what these self-inflicted victims are going through.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 08:52:33 AM »
I deeply admire Obama. I'm 45 years old and he is clearly the best president of my lifetime.....

I was doing fine until this.  This is where the Tobe lost me.  Irretrievably.

What a dumkopf.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 09:12:40 AM »
You guys might have noticed that I write well. I have a bachelor's degree in business from Indiana University. It used to be a very marketable degree. I went back to school when I was about 40 to finish that degree. I took 3 classes a semester year round for 2.5 years while working 50 hours a week at my truck driving gig. People in America used to admire that kind of hard work, dedication, and desire to get ahead. Guess what? I graduated about three years ago and I'm still driving a truck for a living because I cannot find gainful employment anywhere else.

Writing well doesn't pay the bills unless you are a successful author like maybe hitlery clinton. The fact that you waited untill 40 to go finish your degree was a stupid move. No company is going to hire someone at that age with no experience in the field, specially when there are plenty of recent graduates with better grades available who will work for cheap to get started and can be molded to fit the companies work ethic.

You need to focus on driving your truck for the rest of your life, and enjoy it because you aren't going anywhere.  :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 09:24:28 AM »
All liberals have are petty social issues.  Including "climate change", "fluid" gender and race, essentially identity politics.   Most Americans don't care about that crap.  Keep it up, and you will continue to lose bigly.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 06:17:15 PM »
I was doing fine until this.  This is where the Tobe lost me.  Irretrievably.

What a dumkopf.

Considering that the only D Presidents - the only ones Tobers would consider - in his lifetime were Carter, Clinton, and Obama, he did limit his choices rather narrowly. Still, if I had to choose among those three I'd say Carter did the least damage. OTOH, Tobers was about 8YO when Carter left the WH, so he doesn't has strong memories of Carter.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 07:16:56 PM »
You guys might have noticed that I write well. I have a bachelor's degree in business from Indiana University. It used to be a very marketable degree. I went back to school when I was about 40 to finish that degree. I took 3 classes a semester year round for 2.5 years while working 50 hours a week at my truck driving gig. People in America used to admire that kind of hard work, dedication, and desire to get ahead. Guess what? I graduated about three years ago and I'm still driving a truck for a living because I cannot find gainful employment anywhere else. I now have all this school debt hanging over my head, and I had to file for bankruptcy a few years back which of course did not absolve the school debt. This is where people like me are coming from. Old school economic issues. Not petty social vendettas.

I'll let it go now.

Might I suggest not wearing bib overalls to your interview?

The real reason you cannot find employment in your degree field is due to your lack of experience, Tubbs. Besides... business degrees are a dime a dozen. Even MBA's.  Your best bet would be to get a job with the state, go to work as an assistant manager at Mickey D's or walmart,  then impress them and shoot for manager.  Yes you will take a pay cut and yes your ass is gonna work long and odd hours.  That is just the way it is, Tubbs. 

Ain't nothing wrong with driving a truck. Lots of people do it.  You just got to decide what is better for you financially... truck driving pay or possible higher pay starting over.  Lots of people have had to start over since our politicians made it financially feasable to offshore our manufacturing.  If I was you, I would be embracing President Trump because he is about the only thing standing between people like you and the political class in DC screwing the country over.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 08:38:55 AM »
Boston Bitch:  'I reject your reality and substitute my own victimhood.'

And about that one-third living in poverty:  There is no definite standard for the poverty line, it's an arbitrary number that includes and excludes factors that may not objectively make sense.  There are always going to be five quintiles and the lowest quintile is always going to be considered as 'Living in poverty' even if they eat roast beef every night, have free internet and housing, and want for no necessities. Yeah, we do have homeless people and people who are truly desperate and in need through no fault of their own...but it's not a third of the population, or anywhere near that number.

I swear these people need to spend a week in the 3rd world where indoor plumbing is a luxury and $6 a day is a good paying job. I have more respect for any 3rd world worker than I will ever have for any lazy DUmmie.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 08:40:33 AM »
Tobin S. (9,596 posts)                  https://upload.democraticunderground.com/10029827633

I don't know if I'm a devil or an angel around here right now.

Actually you are just another dump ass hole. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 10:21:16 AM »
I'm going to guess Tobers' employment record kind of overshadows his degree.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 05:05:43 PM »
I'm going to guess Tobers' employment record kind of overshadows his degree.

He could get a job as a municipal worker.  Not the one in the hole with the shovel fixing the water main break, the one standing outside.
He would be in very high demand by his co-workers.
In the winter, he'd be a great mobile windbreak.
In the summer, he'd cast an enormous amount of shade...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 05:11:06 PM »
He could get a job as a municipal worker.  Not the one in the hole with the shovel fixing the water main break, the one standing outside.

*Snort*      :rotf:

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 06:04:23 PM »

He could always get a job finding septic tanks.  Jump up and down, no ground movement, no septic tank.   :rotf:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 06:54:21 PM »
He could always get a job finding septic tanks.  Jump up and down, no ground movement, no septic tank.   :rotf:

Dearly beloved, we are here to celebrate the passing of our beloved Tobin, who plunged into a septic tank, never to be seen again. And to dedicate this, the Tubby Tobin Memorial Septic Tank.

Offline Karin

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 07:49:39 PM »
To be fair, I thought he had some pretty good points, ones the DUmmies would reject outright.  Which is fine by me.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 08:59:36 PM »
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine his business card:

Tubby Tobin
Septic Tank Locator
"No Tank Too Deep, No Yard Too Hard"
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.