Author Topic: You guys can't keep doing this. Working class white man here. Tobin  (Read 2187 times)

Offline CC27

Tobin S. (9,582 posts)

You guys can't keep doing this. Working class white man here.

Trump voters were mostly middle class to wealthy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/06/05/its-time-to-bust-the-myth-most-trump-voters-were-not-working-class/?utm_term=.978cbe765580

"This kind of stereotyping and scapegoating is a dismaying consequence of the narrative that working-class Americans swept Trump into the White House. It’s time to let go of that narrative.

What deserves to die isn’t America’s working-class communities. It’s the myth that they’re the reason Trump was elected."

So I check in here and what do I see but comments like this, and stuff like this has been here since I came to DU.

"White college educated came out for the democratic party yesterday

and the white working class male is stubbornly republican.

I really believe that the white working class male is a seething mass of resentment that they are no longer handed the world and have to start working as hard as the rest of humanity."

and

"And they watch FOX and listen to right-wing radio"

In this thread ----> https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029816070#post39

White working class men have never been handed the world and they work very hard for their meager lifestyles. They started calling us working class because that's what we actually do for a living. This slandering of low income white people by people on both sides of the aisle is why many working class white people simply do not participate at all in the political process. They don't feel like either party is truly looking out for them. Whether you think that perception is the reality or not might be up for debate, but that perception is there and it's there for a reason. It's not all about Rush Limbaugh and Fox News. They hear you guys when you talk about them like that. Don't think so? What do you think is happening at this very moment?

I have voted in every election since 2000 and it has been a straight Democratic ticket every time. I am not an outlier or an anomaly. I have been either poor or working class all my adult life.

You guys need to stop doing this kind of thing. Do you know how bad this hurts people like me?

I work anywhere from 53 to 64 hours a week and I make less than 50k a year. That is the reality of most working class white men. Where I'm from a typical job for a young working class white guy starts at $10 an hour in a machine shop or a plastic extrusion company. It is dirty, hard, stinking, tiresome work. We don't need this kind of thing from you guys. It is incredibly disrespectful.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029821028

Shut up you lazy piece of crap.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: You guys can't keep doing this. Working class white man here. Tobin
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 09:35:57 AM »
The tubster is correct in some ways. But the Dems will keep messing up towards the average blue collar worker, so his pleas that they change their ways will go unheeded.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 10:21:06 AM »
That will fall on deaf ears, Tobester. As a white man you are supposed to lay down your ambitions for the sake of those less privileged. Your grievance is meaningless, and you should probably just go ahead and off yourself for the betterment of (non-white) mankind.
Deplorable since 2016

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 10:53:03 AM »
The real fallacy is that it was any one group who put Trump in the WH. The vote was fairly close in quite a few states, meaning that many groups were part of putting Trump in the WH. It's more complex, but it would be more accurate to look at shifts among groups Trump and Clinton "were supposed to get".

Ds and MSM thought their @#$%^-grabber narrative would shift Evangelicals away from Trump. It didn't work.

Ds and MSM thought their @#$%^-grabber narrative would shift women away from Trump. It fizzled.

Clinton knew she would get the black vote, but Trump got considerably more votes from blacks than did Romney or McCain.

Clinton knew she would get the union vote. Another, larger shift.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 11:07:22 AM »
What you libs don't get is that the "working class" don't buy your agenda, gay marriage, unfettered immigration, multiculturism , doing away with our heritage and culture, being perpetually offended.
tyour platform and rhetoric smells.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 11:46:39 AM »
What you libs don't get is that the "working class" don't buy your agenda, gay marriage, unfettered immigration, multiculturism , doing away with our heritage and culture, being perpetually offended.
tyour platform and rhetoric smells.

Several well known conservative commentators have long recognized that the identity politics is ripping apart the Dems.  Not to mention the symbolism over substance.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 12:45:10 PM »
Several well known conservative commentators have long recognized that the identity politics is ripping apart the Dems.  Not to mention the symbolism over substance.

Several long time democrat strategists are starting to say the same thing. Let's hope the dems never figure it out as a whole.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 02:41:37 PM »
Poor Tobey, DU ain't  buyin what he's peddlin. Rather presumptuous of this working class bumpkin to try and enlighten the Interwebz best and brightest about anything.  Ewee, ick, ick, get that sweaty, grimy freak away from me. :thatsright:  We always look for the Union Label, but that's where we draw the line. 

These are the ones who would spit on a man then wonder why he won't stop to pull them out when they are stuck in the mud.

:whistling:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 07:11:54 PM »
I don't think Tubbs hit the nail exactly on the head... close just not exact.

The people that voted for President Trump are damned tired of the elites in both parties selling the country and its citizens down the river in the name of globalism.  The rest are going to vote dem no matter what. President Trump instinctively understood this and capitalized on it.  There used to be a large dem voting block that were working/middle class and they saw that the dems no longer represented them, neither did the GOP, and the end result was President Trump.

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi