Author Topic: I have a question  (Read 1918 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
I have a question
« on: November 07, 2017, 04:38:34 PM »
Good lord. I separated the post into paragraphs so it will be easier for you to read. See the original  :thatsright:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029811017

MadCrow (124 posts)

I have a question
My 57 year old, mentally impaired son always had behavioral problems. . He would rant and rave, but he never hurt anyone. Several years ago he was arrested for brandishing a weapon when he fired a pistol into the air. He was put on house arrest for 6 months. Since we live in a rural state, we had several guns in our household. The Court ordered us to get all the guns out of the house which we did. Two years later he was again arrested for brandishing a weapon after he again threatened several people with a pistol.

Unbeknownst to me he had purchased a .357 Magnum from a guy three miles down the road from us who knew him and knew he shouldn't have a gun. I explained my son's condition to his attorney, and the court agreed that he should undergo a psychiatric examination. In the meantime he would be incarcerated in the local regional jail. He was in jail for 6 months ( which only made his condition worse because he didn't understand why he was there) before he was actually sent to a facility for a forensic psychiatric examination. The doctors diagnosed him as being a paranoid schizophrenic and put him on the medication Abilify. He was released after six months, prescribed medication and allowed to come home. He was not charged with a crime. However after a while he quit taking his medication. He has this thing about drugs, and insists he doesn't "do drugs".

We tried to explain that the doctor prescribed these meds, but he still didn't listen. During the time he was incarcerated and taking his meds the nurses said they wished they had a whole ward full of patients like my son. When he is off his meds he is an entirely different person- he yells, screams, talks to himself and others who aren't there. He lives in his own little world and his own reality. I tried to get him help, but was told he was an adult and free to make his own decisions. One day he got into a shouting match with a neighbor, and threw the neighbor's truck keys over the hill. The neighbor got a warrant for him for petty larceny. The warrant was never served, but I knew it existed.

One day when my son was really in a state, I told him there was an existing warrant for his arrest. He didn't believe me, so I turned the car around and drove directly to the magistrates office where he was arrested. While he was being processed I spoke to the magistrate and told him that all I wanted was someone in authority to impress on my son the vital importance of taking his meds and the possible consequences if he doesn't. Well, to make a long story short, the state recommended a new psych exam. Since my son's crime was didn't involve violence or bodily injury, the judge dropped the charges on the condition that he seek psychiatric help and resume taking his meds.

This my son did and he is now on Abilify Maintainence which involves going to the local health services for a monthly shot and counseling. Since my son receives a disability check every month he is eligible for a health card so he only pays about $8 a month for his shot. If he had to pay the full price it would cost him over $700 which be almost his entire check. Now I take him once a month for his shot and he seems to have rejoined the real world. I worry that these upcoming cuts under Trump may prevent him from getting his medications.

My son shouldn't be allowed to have a weapon, not only for the protection of others, but for himself as well. My questions is this- since my son was never officially convicted of a crime, would his name be in the national data base used for background checks?

Yes. ANY arrest will be in your criminal history. The NCIC the FBI maintains ALL arrests.

<---- works with criminal histories and checks. Got an arrest (no conviction) for a sex offense on a guy that happened in the early seventies.

Oh, and DUmmy......... Paragraphs !

Offline thundley4

Re: I have a question
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 04:50:45 PM »
Well, to make a long story short...Way too late!

Since my son receives a disability check every month he is eligible for a health card so he only pays about $8 a month for his shot. If he had to pay the full price it would cost him over $700 which be almost his entire check. And there it is. The DUmmies is worried about losing that money if the son is locked up.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 05:14:47 PM »
insanity must run in that family. Poor kid raised by a DUmmy...never had a chance

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 05:59:27 PM »
Quote from:
My 57 year old, mentally impaired son always had behavioral problems. . He would rant and rave,... I explained my son's condition... that he should undergo a psychiatric examination. In the meantime he would be incarcerated in the local regional jail... The doctors diagnosed him as being a paranoid schizophrenic. He has this thing about drugs... he yells, screams, talks to himself and others who aren't there. He lives in his own little world and his own reality. ... receives a disability check every month...

Sounds like your typical liberal.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 06:28:24 PM »
I did not read past the first sentence.

MadCrow (124 posts)

I have a question.
<bunch of BS>

I have an answer, dummie. **** off and die a painful death.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 05:08:44 PM »
I did not read past the first sentence.

His demise doesn't have to be glorious or brief, just so long as it IS...

I prefer slow, painful and obscure for them myself, with much suffering...

I must admit, this past year of dealing with liberals has deprived me of all compassion and patience for them...

I want them all dead!!!   :argh:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 05:18:51 PM »

What the son needs to do is get one of those guns he's not supposed to have, and then stroll over into Lamond's--the MrsCorpio primitive's--neighborhood, brandishing it around.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 06:01:06 PM »
What the son needs to do is get one of those guns he's not supposed to have, and then stroll over into Lamond's--the MrsCorpio primitive's--neighborhood, brandishing it around.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that made me LOL, Coach!!!  H5 big guy!!!!
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi